If One plus 3T is going to come like announced Dtek 60 won't stand a chance unless the majority is suddenly super-excited about security

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 08:55 AM
    this has been BBs problems for the past few years. All the specs are woefully lacking from the newest androids and how can we expect the dteks to keep up?
    Dave Knight2 likes this.
    11-05-16 09:08 AM
    OP, you might as well write "DTEK60 will fail because {name of cheap Chinese phone} is coming out with better specs for less."

You pay a bit more for real support, updates, and a name brand.

There will always be a cheaper phone. However, I think the DTEK50/60s are priced well.
    11-05-16 09:19 AM
    OP, you might as well write "DTEK60 will fail because {name of cheap Chinese phone} is coming out with better specs for less.
    Isn't the DTEK60 made by the TCL Corp?
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-05-16 09:28 AM
    The differential between the DTEK60 and the name-brand products with similar specs is enormous. Compare against the S7, for example; it's a couple hundred bucks!

That's a huge difference and yet on specs its a comparable product. Yes, there are small differences either way, but on-balance for $200 less -- that's a 40% upcharge for the S7 -- it's a steal.

The DTEK50 is also well-priced, but phones in that tier have too many compromises for me. The DTEK60 does not.
    syclone1978 likes this.
    11-05-16 09:35 AM
    Isn't the DTEK60 made by the TCL Corp?
    Of course, but it's supported and backed by BlackBerry and its full infrastructure, which also happens to include immediate security updates.
    11-05-16 09:38 AM
    I don't think that on a general level Blackberry has a great name anymore. In order to convince customers being considered new and up to date might be more promising that the history of BlackBerry which also included many failures in recent years.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 09:51 AM
    And I say that as a BlackBerry Classic fanatic

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 09:52 AM
    Of course, but it's supported and backed by BlackBerry and its full infrastructure, which also happens to include immediate security updates.
    Thought you were implying the DTEK60 was not Chinese.
    11-05-16 09:54 AM
    I don't think that on a general level Blackberry has a great name anymore. In order to convince customers being considered new and up to date might be more promising that the history of BlackBerry which also included many failures in recent years.

Posted via CB10
    I would be far more confident that someone at BlackBerry would answer the phone when I need support than some random Chinese manufacturer. The brand may not have the marquee value it once had, but it's still recognised.
    11-05-16 09:57 AM
    I can't help but chuckle when I hear, "supported by BlackBerry ".

After being repeatedly stabbed in the back by BlackBerry, people are still being led like sheep to slaughter.

The definition of insanity is: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-05-16 10:01 AM
    Does the majority of the public even know the difference between specs? I doubt it. I am also not sure the people buying blackberries are the same crowd buying the oneplus set of phones. There might be a little crossover but I doubt a significant amount.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 10:05 AM

After being repeatedly stabbed in the back by BlackBerry, people are still being led like sheep to slaughter.

The definition of insanity is: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Posted via CB10
    I had/have nothing but positive experiences with all of the BlackBerry devices I've owned over the years - from the curves and bolds, to the Z10/Z30, to the Passport, the Priv and the DTEKs.

I don't feel stabbed in the back. I found I've always received great value for money. I'd do it all again.
    BBd00d, vagos2006, Menage and 6 others like this.
    11-05-16 10:20 AM
    Ditto.

BlackBerry devices in the "modern era" I've bought include the Z10 (on launch day at T-Mobile), Passport (on launch day direct purchase via Amazon), Priv (on launch day direct) and now the DTEK60.

I received good value for the money in each case. What's not to like?
    Greened, Menage, BBd00d and 1 others like this.
    11-05-16 10:23 AM
    I agree.. I've had BlackBerry devices since they were pagers, tried others along the way - a couple of iPhones, some various Androids - and always been frustrated with the lack of efficiency and productivity (and flexibility, in the case of the iPhones) in those OSs. When I made the switch to a BB VKB, I even tried to go back to a PKB but the typing experience on the VKB was so good that I felt BB nailed it over anyone and everyone else, so I've never looked back. I've been extremely happy not just with the way the company has supported its devices, but the way they've handled the transition to Android. They're offering us diehards a way to ease into Android in a way that's as familiar as it can be given the differences baked into the OS.

Like most, I wish BB10 could have survived. I wish Betamax could have survived too - they're both technically superior, but suffered the same fates for similar reasons. From a shareholder perspective, I want to see the company do well regardless of what they sell. They've given me no reason to think they won't support their customers.
    RichardAitch and BBd00d like this.
    11-05-16 10:33 AM
    I loved my Q10 and Classic as well. I just feel that BlackBerry, with the Dtek 60 and 50, is trying to compete with the likes of Huawei, OnePlus, MotoZ, ZTE(your cheap Chinese phones) and the people buying these phones are mostly caring about price or want some nice actual features/specs (speakers on Axon, 6 GB ram, superior camera,...) and not just service or security as a reason for raise

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Q10Bold like this.
    11-05-16 12:50 PM
    Agreed One plus will have better specs and priced cheaper. But have you guys used any of those phones? Hardware wise they're nicer but the android OS (oxygen) sucks. I've tried oneplus x for a week and a lot of other flagship androids including htc m9, xperia and galaxy s6 edge. It'd the android ui and the bloatware makes these phones lag big time after a while.

IMO, the BlackBerry android is what makes dtek phones far better than any other phones
    syclone1978 and Greened like this.
    11-05-16 12:59 PM
    I loved my Q10 and Classic as well. I just feel that BlackBerry, with the Dtek 60 and 50, is trying to compete with the likes of Huawei, OnePlus, MotoZ, ZTE(your cheap Chinese phones) and the people buying these phones are mostly caring about price or want some nice actual features/specs (speakers on Axon, 6 GB ram, superior camera,...) and not just service or security as a reason for raise

Posted via CB10
    But they aren't.

They are competing with Samsung Knox and Apple in the enterprise space - which makes them an absolute bargain.

Most serious companies couldn't touch any of the devices you listed with a ten foot pole.
    Greened and BBd00d like this.
    11-05-16 01:08 PM
    I would be far more confident that someone at BlackBerry would answer the phone when I need support than some random Chinese manufacturer. The brand may not have the marquee value it once had, but it's still recognised.
    Recognised by whom....???? How many apart from crackberry knows BlackBerry is still in game. Or BlackBerry was in game when they launched passport or classic or leap?.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-05-16 01:17 PM
    But they aren't.

They are competing with Samsung Knox and Apple in the enterprise space - which makes them an absolute bargain.

Most serious companies couldn't touch any of the devices you listed with a ten foot pole.
    Why most serious companies aren't buying Dtek50 to replace their ios and android and let BlackBerry survive again. ???

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-05-16 01:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 01:21 PM
    this has been BBs problems for the past few years. All the specs are woefully lacking from the newest androids and how can we expect the dteks to keep up?
    But BlackBerry have been turning the ship around lately. Especially since they no longer design and outsource.

I mean a Snapdragon 820 in a $499 phone is pretty good going. Vs a Snapdragon 808 at $699

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    11-05-16 01:23 PM
    Recognised by whom....???? How many apart from crackberry knows BlackBerry is still in game. Or BlackBerry was in game when they launched passport or classic or leap?.

Posted via CB10
    We are talking about customers that are considering DTEK60 and other Chinese devices. Recognition is already established.
    11-05-16 01:28 PM
    Why most serious companies aren't buying Dtek50 to replace their ios and android and let BlackBerry survive again. ???

Posted via CB10
    My post was simply stating that BlackBerry is competing in the enterprise space against Knox and Apple, not with the Chinese devices being sold en masse to consumers.

How successful they are is another discussion entirely. Please stop moving the posts around, as it's difficult to stay on topic.
    11-05-16 01:31 PM
    Totally agree

Posted via CB10
    How were you "stabbed"? Have you suffered with a BlackBerry device?
    11-05-16 01:32 PM
108 123 ...