It may be got out of control Official 'I got my DTEK60' thread-1478349211490.jpg
    kewlgirl73 likes this.
    11-05-16 07:33 AM
    It may be got out of control Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1478349211490.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	411393
    Wow, can I have one? ☺
    11-05-16 08:44 AM
    It may be got out of control Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1478349211490.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	411393
    Company purchase?
    11-05-16 09:11 AM
    Props to BlackBerry/DR. I ordered mine on Wednesday around 9 am PST and it arrived the next day in Vancouver same time only using regular free shipping.
    11-05-16 10:21 AM
    I ended up receiving my DTECK60 bundle in less than 48 hours from purchase confirmation. Someone here said it's the new Z30, and I'll agree to the extent that it's going to be a sleeper. Only hands on can provide the experience that demonstrates how nice it is. Once the word gets out this will be a very popular device. For a blend of BB know-how and the stock Android experience one doesn't need to look much further.

The 1st 20 hours

-Doesn't feel cheap at all.
    -The OS actions are smooth and quick.
    -For a larger device it's well balanced and easy to handle.
    -The fingerprint scanner works reliably & fast. As good as the 6s+ which is my own standard to compare to.
    -I like the small BB touches like the hub, the peak menu, and battery display when charging.
    -For a retro effect I loaded up all my old BB standard notifiers and ringtones.
    -Too early to tell, but the battery seems to be very solid so far, and that's even with all my setup activity.
    tonythecanuck and Pcmx like this.
    11-05-16 12:50 PM
    I ended up receiving my DTECK60 bundle in less than 48 hours from purchase confirmation. Someone here said it's the new Z30, and I'll agree to the extent that it's going to be a sleeper. Only hands on can provide the experience that demonstrates how nice it is. Once the word gets out this will be a very popular device. For a blend of BB know-how and the stock Android experience one doesn't need to look much further.

The 1st 20 hours

-Doesn't feel cheap at all.
    -The OS actions are smooth and quick.
    -For a larger device it's well balanced and easy to handle.
    -The fingerprint scanner works reliably & fast. As good as the 6s+ which is my own standard to compare to.
    -I like the small BB touches like the hub, the peak menu, and battery display when charging.
    -For a retro effect I loaded up all my old BB standard notifiers and ringtones.
    -Too early to tell, but the battery seems to be very solid so far, and that's even with all my setup activity.
    How are the cameras?
    11-05-16 01:01 PM
    Company purchase?
    nop BB10 to BBA conversion / migration

Wow, can I have one? ☺
    lol sure as i said, two will be sent back to BBRY
    11-05-16 01:31 PM
    I'll try to grab a few pics today. Phone cameras are almost a necessity these days for many types of work, but not mine. I use a camera.

Whenever I'm holding a camera I ask myself " I wonder why it's not important to have a good phone on a camera, but it's important to have a good camera on a phone?"

But...I digress.
    Egod101 likes this.
    11-05-16 04:49 PM
    I'm back...for a while anyway. Bailed on BB when the Priv came out. Was using my trusty Z30 (what a terrific device) until last May when I finally succumbed to the pull of iPhone and got a 6s. Like the phone but.... Email handling was/is horrendous. Battery life is mediocre at best. That aside the phone works as advertised. Great camera. Every app runs well. Etc. But that email thing...and the keyboard (and it's benefits like hold to capitalize, forward delete, word sub) and other things like notification led....and then there's the storage thing. I've been lurking on CB for months - watching, waiting for a chance to come 'home'. Even if it's Android. So I'm going to try the DTEK60. Posts I am reading seem positive. Looking for lightening in a bottle here. Use my phone a lot. Power user. Lots of emails, surfing, calls , audio books, music. All day long. Is Dtek going to make me happy ??? S7 was carp. Tried that - hated it. Open mind here. Why not.
    11-07-16 04:03 PM
    How are the cameras?
    There is a whole thread showing photos

/blackberry-dtek60-f457/pictures-taken-dtek60-1089788/
    11-07-16 04:45 PM
    Ordered. Received. Used. Dropped. Sent in for repair. All this in 2 weeks. Back glass shattered when dropped on ceramic tile floors. Damm you Tim Hortons! (Coffee shop chain in Canada). How much do you think BlackBerry will charge to replace back of the 60? I'll post it when I get the figure from them. Great phone but a touch slippery.
    11-07-16 07:33 PM
    Ordered. Received. Used. Dropped. Sent in for repair. All this in 2 weeks. Back glass shattered when dropped on ceramic tile floors. Damm you Tim Hortons! (Coffee shop chain in Canada). How much do you think BlackBerry will charge to replace back of the 60? I'll post it when I get the figure from them. Great phone but a touch slippery.
    Yes, but in its short life, it LIVED!
    johnnywadiii likes this.
    11-07-16 07:56 PM
    I'm not sure if it's the same, but my PRIV came with a warranty.
    11-08-16 01:32 AM
    Sounds like you were in a pretty tough position.

Either drop your Canadian branded coffee, or drop your Canadian branded phone. There was no right choice to be made. I'm not sure how I would have handled it.
    tjsberry and Egod101 like this.
    11-08-16 11:29 AM
    I'm putting it down to fumbling fingers. Plus I've ordered a flip case for it. Something I'll have to get use to because not only have I always used a slip in case I'm left handed and they don't sell any cases that hinges on the right side. That's why us left handers die younger. The stress of living with the wrong hand. 😀
    11-10-16 08:36 AM
    ordered two bundles yesterday. still waiting for shipping confirmation! ARGH!!
    For anyone with the flip case... When folded back, does the front window allow full access to the camera lens and flash? or does it cover part of the camera like it did on the PRIV?
    Yes it does.
    11-10-16 09:00 AM
    Can anyone comment on whether the phone tends to heat up or not when using apps like Google maps? My priv tended to do that.
    No mine never did.
    11-10-16 09:00 AM
    No mine never did.
    That's nice to hear, thanks for the info m

Cheers
    11-11-16 07:52 PM
    Got my DTEK 60 Today! Ordered it on 8 Nov and we are in Southern New Mexico! Seems like it was fast! Five days but Tuesday was Veterans Day.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 08:30 PM
    Thanks for the update. :-)
    =
    11-13-16 03:49 AM
    Got my DTEK 60 Today! Ordered it on 8 Nov and we are in Southern New Mexico! Seems like it was fast! Five days but Tuesday was Veterans Day.

Posted via CB10
    Congrats!

Are you enjoying it? Is it fast and smooth?

Cheers
    11-13-16 08:20 AM
    Jealous of all of you in the least envious way.
    11-13-16 10:53 AM
    I'm concerned about the slippery back. Being slippery is one of the reasons why I dislike the iphones. I don't like cases, and I have very little chances to touch a Dtek60 in person where I live.
    Maybe somebody can comment on this issue?
    I have the same concern. My best solution that's worked great is a minimial case that covers only the edges and focus on corners, with buttons and back exposed. This configuration allows you to grab the phone on the sides and have a good handle of it without worry about slipping. Not sure if that is around for this phone, might have to improvise. I had to cut out the back of the standard Z30 folding case to make mine (and love it).
    11-13-16 01:42 PM
    Congrats!

Are you enjoying it? Is it fast and smooth?

Cheers
    I have had the Torch2 9810, the Z30, the Passport SE, and the Priv.

I just got my DTEK60 with free accessories and one extra case on sale (-10%) from Crackberry here in 🍁 Canada.

Photo taken with Priv 18MP camera :
    Attached Thumbnails Official 'I got my DTEK60' thread-151970.jpg  
    Pcmx likes this.
    11-15-16 08:47 AM
    Awesome ! So happy for you. Let me know how the transition from the optional pkb to no pkb and only use of a vkb goes.
    11-15-16 08:50 AM
270 ... 56789 ...