Wouldn't this be nice?!

There's no download links, so it looks fake. But it's hard to tell. Why write all that, for nothing.

Android Nougat 7.0 Update For Alcatel Idol 4S – Nougat My Android

Cheers,
    DiSk0
    11-03-17 03:08 PM
    BlackBerry hardware requires a BBRY cert to install an OS, so get a true Alcatel if you really have to have Nougat.
    11-03-17 03:39 PM
    ... There's no download links, so it looks fake. But it's hard to tell. Why write all that, for nothing. ...
    One reason would be to install something on your phone without you knowing it.
    11-14-17 06:11 PM
    no nougat for dtek and priv. blackberry said it. dtek is a beta testing on the partnership with TCL apparently
    11-19-17 12:21 PM
    no nougat for dtek and priv. blackberry said it. dtek is a beta testing on the partnership with TCL apparently
    So in simple terms, what does this mean? It will go the way of a BB10 device as far as updates? Will it still be good in 2 years?
    11-23-17 11:44 AM
    So in simple terms, what does this mean? It will go the way of a BB10 device as far as updates? Will it still be good in 2 years?
    There are two issues with security updates:

1. Are the updates still backported to 6.0.1, which is the only version of Android the DTEKs will ever have? You can view the monthly security bulletin to see: https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2017-11-01

You will notice that as of November 2017, some patches are backported to 5.0.2, but in prior months, some security updates were backported to 4.4. Eventually they will drop 5.0 and 6.0 will be next inline to be dropped.

2. Having said all this, if the manufacturer doesn't create a build that contains a patch, you will never see it on your device.

Security patches will cease on the DTEK line at some point, but we don't know when. Having Nougat or Oreo doesn't mean a longer period of time receiving patches by default, since a manufacturer could drop it at any time. What is known is that having Marshmallow gives us a dead drop date that is nearer rather than farther. Will there still be patches for the DTEK 2 years from now? In 6.0.1 AOSP, maybe. From Blackberry? I don't know, but my bet is against it. And anyways, the cheapo battery in the DTEKs will never survive that long.

If you own a DTEK, sell it. If you consider buying one, don't.
    11-23-17 01:24 PM
    There are two issues with security updates:

1. Are the updates still backported to 6.0.1, which is the only version of Android the DTEKs will ever have? You can view the monthly security bulletin to see: https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2017-11-01

You will notice that as of November 2017, some patches are backported to 5.0.2, but in prior months, some security updates were backported to 4.4. Eventually they will drop 5.0 and 6.0 will be next inline to be dropped.

2. Having said all this, if the manufacturer doesn't create a build that contains a patch, you will never see it on your device.

Security patches will cease on the DTEK line at some point, but we don't know when. Having Nougat or Oreo doesn't mean a longer period of time receiving patches by default, since a manufacturer could drop it at any time. What is known is that having Marshmallow gives us a dead drop date that is nearer rather than farther. Will there still be patches for the DTEK 2 years from now? In 6.0.1 AOSP, maybe. From Blackberry? I don't know, but my bet is against it. And anyways, the cheapo battery in the DTEKs will never survive that long.

If you own a DTEK, sell it. If you consider buying one, don't.
    Thanks for the input
    11-23-17 01:49 PM
    So keyone and newer is your opinion, correct?
    11-23-17 01:49 PM
    I am actually suggesting you avoid BBMo devices completely. See my input on this other thread as to why. My comments start in position #25 . I go back and forth with Conite, who is most definitely not a paid employee to linger here all day to comment on everything and anything.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...pport-1131377/
    HughJarsse and puffstack like this.
    11-23-17 01:58 PM
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion will get a minimum two years of security updates. This is the expected practical lifespan of an Android device in the real world.

These devices are sold and supported by BlackBerry Mobile (TCL), which shares no common ownership with BlackBerry of old (who sold the Priv and DTEKs and are no longer in the handset business).
    Last edited by conite; 11-25-17 at 08:23 AM.
    11-23-17 02:24 PM
    Conite, who is most definitely not a paid employee to linger here all day to comment on everything and anything.
    You are correct on this point, yes.
    11-23-17 02:26 PM
    Lol, thanks guys.
    11-23-17 02:39 PM