Right now I decided to be happy with the Dtek60, why should I dwell on the negatives. There are more positive things about the Dtek60 that work for me than the negatives. Nowadays people are never satisfied and upgrade phones less than 2yrs. Maybe that's why BlackBerry couldn't make enough money to make phones. They made them solid and lasted longer than others. This being a Disposable time.
    Just my thoughts...

Dtek60 sent....mixed Berry User
    Actually "most" people aren't upgrading that often... just seems that way on CrackBerry.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-20-17 09:23 AM
    Actually "most" people aren't upgrading that often... just seems that way on CrackBerry.
    "According to a recent report from the analyst firm Kantar Worldpanel, American users held onto their smartphones for an average of 22.7 months before upgrading in 2016"
    10-22-17 12:44 PM
    Which is an utterly meaningless statement standing alone; you need the SD, for openers, to figure out at what boundary points the majority of people have turned over their devices.
    10-22-17 03:02 PM
    What's the big deal about Nougat? Is it that big of an upgrade from Marshmallow? My DTek60 is a beast still, at a year old, so an OS upgrade doesn't seem a necessity.
    The 'big deal' about nougat is that it comes with 2 years updates.
    So, If your BB DTEK is on 'M' , and does not get 'N' you are stuck when Google says '2 years are up, no more support for 'M'
    Whereas if you have been 'upgraded' to 'N' you get the additional guaranteed updates whilst 'N is active.
    Simple really..
    As mentioned in another post, Son bought a Moto G4 at same time I bought a Dtek50 (his was cheaper too!), both were on 'M'
    His has now been upgraded to 'N' so he gets the full 2 years update fro it, whereas my Dtek50, still on 'M' will cease to get updates from next year, when google stops supporting 'M' because 'O' is on stream.
    Sons 'cheaper' phone will be more secure than the 'securest android' (as it was touted) and all BB/TCL say is 'buy a 'keyone' and hope that they actually give you an upgrade to 'O' but I wouldn't waste my money on it to be honest..
    All the 'N' upgrade gives you is a longer guaranteed updates schedule if nothing else!!
    10-22-17 03:05 PM
    "According to a recent report from the analyst firm Kantar Worldpanel, American users held onto their smartphones for an average of 22.7 months before upgrading in 2016"
    Yeah, well, that's 'Yanks' for you, most of the rest of the world has more sense than money, rather than the other way round!!
    10-22-17 03:07 PM
    What's the big deal about Nougat? Is it that big of an upgrade from Marshmallow? My DTek60 is a beast still, at a year old, so an OS upgrade doesn't seem a necessity.
    Actually, it is. Android N has a way better battery management system, especially when the phone is idle, and has multitasking capabilities.

Don't get me wrong, I love my DTEK60 (haven't had any problems with the phone itself), but it would be awesome to have it upgraded to Android N. I have a secondary phone that runs Android N (S7 Edge) and the difference between OS' is noticeable.

Although, not having the upgrade to N is not a real deal breaker for me, I'm sticking with my DTEK60 for as long as it's functional.
    moonflyer likes this.
    10-22-17 09:23 PM
    Actually, it is. Android N has a way better battery management system, especially when the phone is idle, and has multitasking capabilities.

Don't get me wrong, I love my DTEK60 (haven't had any problems with the phone itself), but it would be awesome to have it upgraded to Android N. I have a secondary phone that runs Android N (S7 Edge) and the difference between OS' is noticeable.

Although, not having the upgrade to N is not a real deal breaker for me, I'm sticking with my DTEK60 for as long as it's functional.
    Understood by me and BBMo... That's why if somebody really wants Nougat, Oreo and on and on, they will just buy a new device. It's how the mobile industry survives. Like the PC business 20 years ago, they don't make new revenue if you keep your old device and expect free OS upgrades. Transfer of Money is what drives the planet everyday.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-23-17 11:42 AM
    Yeah, that's true, if we consider the current situation of the BlackBerry brand.. It's understandable that they need to profit before really focusing on creating a whole new loyalty base of consumers. The sad part is that we, old consumers, are bound to get caught in the middle
    10-23-17 12:29 PM
    We can choose to buy or not.... and we're also free to consider whatever we want in making our decision.
    10-23-17 05:35 PM
    Since Android/IOS came along 10 years ago, hasn't it always been that way?
    10-24-17 06:23 PM
35 12