Trying to find some recent info on this, I've trawled all the pages on here and elsewhere saying how it's unlikely or that it's down to tcl to push updates.
    But, does anyone have any idea if / when we can get nougat on the dtek60?
    It's extremely poor form if BlackBerry are dropping support for it. I'm sure plenty of users like me upgraded from bb10 under the impression our new devices would be supported for a few years. My kids have entry level lg k10 and even the k4 is smoother than my BlackBerry dtek60. And they both have 7.1
    It will be the last BlackBerry I have if that's the case. BlackBerry got me onto android, now there are a veritable plethora of devices to choose from other manufacturers.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-17-17 06:51 AM
    Trying to find some recent info on this, I've trawled all the pages on here and elsewhere saying how it's unlikely or that it's down to tcl to push updates.
    It's extremely poor form if BlackBerry are dropping support for it. I'm sure plenty of users like me upgraded from bb10 under the impression our new devices would be supported for a few years. My kids have entry level lg k10 and even the k4 is smoother than my BlackBerry dtek60. And they both have 7.1
    It will be the last BlackBerry I have if that's the case. BlackBerry got me onto android, now there are a veritable plethora of devices to choose from other manufacturers.
    Well since BB left the phone business, I guess you're right, it's your last BB as the DTEK60 is my last BB too. I'm satisfied with my DTEK60 but I have to find a new company since BB no longer makes or sells devices.

I'm looking at the new company BB Mobile which is owned by TCL and licensed the brand from BB. I'm waiting to see what their new VKB phone the Motion is like. I'm also going to consider their new PKB device the KEYone. I have to replace both of my DTEK phones so we'll see how the reviews of the new devices are 6-12 later.

Even if Nougat was offered, I don't feel DTEK models are necessarily optimized for it. Plus, why fix what's not broken? If there's a problem, them I'm stuck with a device that may not be optimal and I have to buy a new phone sooner. In a few months from now, I may like BBMo offerings that are current or I may switch brands.

I prefer the BB Android look and feel over standard android but that's because I've had to dual carry for years because of all the BBOS and BB10 limitations. This is first time in six or seven years both of my devices are BlackBerry. The fact they're BB Android shows they should have done this years ago.
    valer466 likes this.
    10-17-17 07:18 AM
    Right now it's just not clear what TCL has agreed to do. But at this point the odds are dropping that they'll provide any feature updates....
    10-17-17 07:23 AM
    I think the OP was reference to phones with the name BlackBerry and not necessary to the old BlackBerry. TCL took over responsibility but has not commented concerning what their decision is regarding to software updates. The old BlackBerry replaced my phone because of defective battery. We are left to guess will it or won't concerning this
    10-17-17 11:38 AM
    I think the OP was reference to phones with the name BlackBerry and not necessary to the old BlackBerry. TCL took over responsibility but has not commented concerning what their decision is regarding to software updates. The old BlackBerry replaced my phone because of defective battery. We are left to guess will it or won't concerning this
    Pretty sure they won't. There's nothing for BBMo to gain with upgrades that exceeds the cash they gain by selling new KEYones and Motions to early adopters who understand BBMo owes them nothing.
    10-17-17 07:19 PM
    I'm enjoying my Dtek60 in most cases but this issue. From what I've heard no Nougat or beyond. It's all up to TCL not BlackBerry's problem anymore. To me partnership is nothing when you pass the buck to another.
    Next month Dtek60 a year old . Reminds me of Billy Joel's "Only The Good Die Young" 🎶
    Should have posts for TCL too instead of blaming all BlackBerry for issues .
    Just my thoughts....
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-17-17 09:07 PM
    Disappointed to hear that BlackBerry is not updating DTEK60 to Nougat. DTEK60 is a recent phone, just over one year old and it is abandoned by BlackBerry.
    10-18-17 01:18 AM
    Disappointed to hear that BlackBerry is not updating DTEK60 to Nougat. DTEK60 is a recent phone, just over one year old and it is abandoned by BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry left the hardware business. BlackBerry always said if sales were too low, they would exit the hardware business. Why does this surprise everyone?
    10-18-17 11:11 AM
    BlackBerry left the hardware business. BlackBerry always said if sales were too low, they would exit the hardware business. Why does this surprise everyone?
    And they said it before they launched the DTEK60.... that phone launched as an EOL product. Many questioned if it would get Nougat, at least until they learned that TCL was going to take on licensing the brand. Then many just assumed for the sake of the brand it would be updated.
    10-18-17 01:40 PM
    Yah! Got a reply and it says all the androids *should* get nougat...
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat for Dtek60-screenshot_20171017-175742.jpg   Nougat for Dtek60-screenshot_20171017-175746.jpg  
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-18-17 02:23 PM
    Yah! Got a reply and it says all the androids *should* get nougat...
    Old fake news.

To boot, BlackBerry doesn't even handle the DTEKs anymore. At all.
    10-18-17 02:53 PM
    It's an email from BlackBerry support....
    10-18-17 02:54 PM
    It's an email from BlackBerry support....
    Well it's wrong. BlackBerry doesn't even deal with the DTEKs - they have been TCL devices for months.

Thurber HIMSELF specifically said Priv will NOT be updated. So the response you got is immediately invalid.
    10-18-17 03:59 PM
    They're just quoting this article anyway:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...do-you-get-it/

Incidentally that's on the first page of Google results for "dtek60 nougat".
    10-18-17 04:54 PM
    Yeah, yeah, everyone knows BlackBerry left the hardware business.

It surprises everyone because the hardware carries BlackBerry name.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-18-17 08:35 PM
    Yeah, yeah, everyone knows BlackBerry left the hardware business.

It surprises everyone because the hardware carries BlackBerry name.
    So......??????? It carries the name...... So does every other device BB made.. What does that mean? Every brand that has a last product typically has their brand on that product. That's generally purpose of brand...
    10-18-17 08:46 PM
    So......??????? It carries the name...... So does every other device BB made.. What does that mean? Every brand that has a last product typically has their brand on that product. That's generally purpose of brand...
    That is correct, the phone carries the BlackBerry name and it does not live up to it's name.

Hope that does not happen to the new BlackBerry phones.
    10-18-17 08:56 PM
    That is correct, the phone carries the BlackBerry name and it does not live up to it's name.

Hope that does not happen to the new BlackBerry phones.
    When companies leave their business models, shut down, etc...... It's typically because of finance trouble, going bankrupt etc.... The brand has been destroyed reputation wise over the last several years. They've abandoned PlayBook, BB10 and multiple business they acquired before Chen took over.

What and where is the surprise with BB reputation ? I love BB and own lots of their devices, however, Stevie Wonder could see where this was going......
    10-18-17 09:04 PM
    When companies leave their business models, shut down, etc...... It's typically because of finance trouble, going bankrupt etc.... The brand has been destroyed reputation wise over the last several years. They've abandoned PlayBook, BB10 and multiple business they acquired before Chen took over.

What and where is the surprise with BB reputation ? I love BB and own lots of their devices, however, Stevie Wonder could see where this was going......
    Nobody is talking about RIM, John Chen, BB10, Playbook, Mike Lazaridis ex-RIM director, Prem Watsa, Mike Daniels etc, etc. Didn't they leave the hardware business already?

People are talking about BlackBerry DTEK60, BlackBerry KeyOne, BlackBerry Motion, particularly BlackBerry DTEK60. Whoever who made BlackBerry DTEK60 disappoints because they abandon the DTEK60.
    10-18-17 09:16 PM
    Nobody is talking about RIM, John Chen, BB10, Playbook, Mike Lazaridis ex-RIM director, Prem Watsa, Mike Daniels etc, etc. Didn't they leave the hardware business already?

People are talking about BlackBerry DTEK60, BlackBerry KeyOne, BlackBerry Motion, particularly BlackBerry DTEK60. Whoever who made BlackBerry DTEK60 disappoints because they abandon the DTEK60.
    That was BlackBerry Limited. Since they left the business, there are no DTEK60 left to buy from them. You can buy in the secondary market. I wouldn't though, if you want Nougat, since it probably won't get Nougat.

If you want Nougat, you'll want to get the BlackBerry Mobile phones like the KEYone or Motion that you mentioned. They have Nougat.

I bought Alcatel phone today with Nougat for $30. I don't see the big deal about Nougat....
    10-18-17 09:23 PM
    What's the big deal about Nougat? Is it that big of an upgrade from Marshmallow? My DTek60 is a beast still, at a year old, so an OS upgrade doesn't seem a necessity.
    10-18-17 09:49 PM
    Well since BB left the phone business, I guess you're right, it's your last BB as the DTEK60 is my last BB too. I'm satisfied with my DTEK60 but I have to find a new company since BB no longer makes or sells devices.

I'm looking at the new company BB Mobile which is owned by TCL and licensed the brand from BB. I'm waiting to see what their new VKB phone the Motion is like. I'm also going to consider their new PKB device the KEYone. I have to replace both of my DTEK phones so we'll see how the reviews of the new devices are 6-12 later.

Even if Nougat was offered, I don't feel DTEK models are necessarily optimized for it. Plus, why fix what's not broken? If there's a problem, them I'm stuck with a device that may not be optimal and I have to buy a new phone sooner. In a few months from now, I may like BBMo offerings that are current or I may switch brands.

I prefer the BB Android look and feel over standard android but that's because I've had to dual carry for years because of all the BBOS and BB10 limitations. This is first time in six or seven years both of my devices are BlackBerry. The fact they're BB Android shows they should have done this years ago.
    I see what you did here
    10-19-17 07:34 AM
    I see what you did here
    Thanks, I think. All I did was explain my decision process. No company gets any free goodwill from me just because they bought the brand license from a previous company that earned my business.

On another point, I bought a brand new $30 burner phone yesterday with Nougat from AT&T. I don't see what the big deal is. Seems like Android to me.
    10-19-17 07:42 AM
    Right now I decided to be happy with the Dtek60, why should I dwell on the negatives. There are more positive things about the Dtek60 that work for me than the negatives. Nowadays people are never satisfied and upgrade phones less than 2yrs. Maybe that's why BlackBerry couldn't make enough money to make phones. They made them solid and lasted longer than others. This being a Disposable time.
    Just my thoughts...

Dtek60 sent....mixed Berry User
    asiayeah and anon(7915689) like this.
    10-19-17 05:46 PM
    Right now I decided to be happy with the Dtek60, why should I dwell on the negatives. There are more positive things about the Dtek60 that work for me than the negatives. Nowadays people are never satisfied and upgrade phones less than 2yrs. Maybe that's why BlackBerry couldn't make enough money to make phones. They made them solid and lasted longer than others. This being a Disposable time.
    Just my thoughts...

Dtek60 sent....mixed Berry User
    Remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Oh and the picture was taken by the Dtek60..... 📱
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat for Dtek60-img_20171005_1214290.jpg  
    horked and Akure4Life like this.
    10-19-17 09:34 PM
35 12