Seriously wondering, did they say that? Or you just being facetious?
    It's not the first time I heard that news so
    07-14-17 09:08 AM
    Just wasted an hour or my life watching the CB podcast. The official word Kevin received from BlackBerry about the DTEK series getting nougat was......... buy a Key1, and as far as the missed updates...... they are busy with the key1.
    Discussion begins at 42:30
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-14-17 09:23 AM
    Seriously wondering, did they say that? Or you just being facetious?
    Yep, that's the reply they got in the email Kevin sent to someone in BlackBerry. They didn't comment on the PRIV or the Dtek phones getting nought. All they said was blah blah the KEYone is available to be purchased.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-14-17 09:27 AM
    Just wasted an hour or my life watching the CB podcast. The official word Kevin received from BlackBerry about the DTEK series getting nougat was......... buy a Key1, and as far as the missed updates...... they are busy with the key1.
    And what about the Aurora loll

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 09:50 AM
    OK, everyone. Time to quit the bickering and sarcasm, and get back on topic -- Will/won't the DTEK60 get Nougat.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-14-17 05:50 PM
    I believe strongly in Capitalism and Free Enterprise. I don't believe there is anything wrong in profit motive that requires consumers to only get what's in the fine print...that's why it exists, to clearly lay out corporate obligations.

Not excuses. It's part of the foundation of what I believe makes the greatest country on the planet. Freedom of choice....
    Mod - please delete Russian hacks.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-15-17 03:19 AM
    OK, everyone. Time to quit the bickering and sarcasm, and get back on topic -- Will/won't the DTEK60 get Nougat.
    I agree with the stop bickering part... and whether we do or not clearly they are not going to tell us.

Same with the OS update, I like that they did not release June as it seems to have had issues which may have affected the phone, I would rather have a delayed patch than a device that reboots or can no longer connect via WIFI (or what ever the issue was) but they just seem unable to tell us anything... its great that we are receiving sec patches again and I personally don't care about the OS (although I think we will get N), but either way they wont say and my concern is will they not tell us when they do decide to stop updating the OS / Sec updates for good?
    07-15-17 04:18 AM
    Mod - please delete Russian hacks.
    I'm not Russian. I'm a Florida raised Amerikun.....
    07-15-17 11:29 PM
    Because BlackBerry does not want to sink any more money into its defunct device business. It's as simple as that. They will continue with security patches and technical support.

TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) is an unrelated company that has grabbed the baton for BlackBerry-branded devices going forward.

How you choose to deal with that is up to you.
    Well said. In the end, we will be buying Samsung Galaxy phones and running BlackBerry software on them. Samsung will roll out the latest iteration of the OS if the handset has the specs to run it.

Honestly, I think this is where BlackBerry wants it to go because ultimately, they will end up generating revenue from software subscribers.
    07-16-17 06:11 AM
    Well said. In the end, we will be buying Samsung Galaxy phones and running BlackBerry software on them. Samsung will roll out the latest iteration of the OS if the handset has the specs to run it.

Honestly, I think this is where BlackBerry wants it to go because ultimately, they will end up generating revenue from software subscribers.
    Do you mean like the BlackBerry software (security patches) that BlackBerry can't even get right today for their own DTEKs?

Fantasies are fun to believe in...
    07-16-17 06:45 PM
    Do you mean like the BlackBerry software (security patches) that BlackBerry can't even get right today for their own DTEKs?

Fantasies are fun to believe in...
    No, not the security patches. I'm referring to the Hub+ Suite. Good luck with the patch.
    07-16-17 07:49 PM
    This might only be a dream! 🙄
    07-19-17 01:59 AM
    dtek60 RIP
    No android 7
    No updates
    No support

Crazy thats BB do not want to hear the community
    BlackBerry the old, to me anyway, has never really listened to the end user. It's been years that they have been pumping out mediocre spec devices, without marketing, without clear communication or target dates, despite what the users (not purists) wanted.

Their partnership with TCL presented a huge opportunity for BB to be an industry game changer but that seems to have slipped away thanks to the KeyOne. That device turned "screen shot" into an adjective, but that isn't the game changer I was hoping for..

BlackBerry of today is either the emperor that has no clothes or it's the gang that can't shoot straight. I'm not sure they even know which.

Waiting for updates for the dtek60 seems easy compared to what the keyone users are going through.
    07-19-17 09:53 AM
    No but monthly security updates are. Im sill on May 5th, didnt receive April and god knows if August will ever appear
    07-31-17 04:49 AM
    No but monthly security updates are. Im sill on May 5th, didnt receive April and god knows if August will ever appear
    I've got the Security update from June, a couple of days ago. (DTEK 60).
    08-01-17 05:36 AM
    When the blackberry company update the dtek60 to nuget 7.1
    08-16-17 10:59 AM
    When the blackberry company update the dtek60 to nuget 7.1
    Probably never.
    08-16-17 11:05 AM
    How i contact with the blackberry company to ask them directley about nuget 7.1
    08-16-17 11:07 AM
    How i contact with the blackberry company to ask them directley about nuget 7.1
    They won't tell you anything. You're wasting your time.
    08-16-17 11:16 AM
    They won't tell you anything. You're wasting your time.
    You are so right and that's actually so sad. I don't understand that a company is able to mess up communication with their customers so badly :/
    08-16-17 01:10 PM
    You are so right and that's actually so sad. I don't understand that a company is able to mess up communication with their customers so badly :/
    it's always easier to say nothing rather than no.
    tickerguy likes this.
    08-16-17 02:07 PM
    Still hanging on to my Z30. Still nothing I read here is telling me to buy BlackBerry /droid device.
    I do kind of get the impression that no one is listening, let alone, caring. So sad.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-17 06:02 PM
    Still hanging on to my Z30. Still nothing I read here is telling me to buy BlackBerry /droid device.
    I do kind of get the impression that no one is listening, let alone, caring. So sad.

Posted via CB10
    From my perspective, what made BlackBerry so great as a company was their razor-sharp vision of enterprise communications and work flow. No one talks about their UI/UX team, but it was amazing just how innovative they were at improving email and messaging work flow.

While I agree with their strategy of porting the BlackBerry experience to Android, I really doubt that the team and culture that made them so good at UX has survived all the layoffs and transitions. The kids if usability issues we have seen with the Hub for Android would never have been released by the old BlackBerry.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    ErnieH and graylingboy like this.
    08-16-17 06:39 PM
    This Just in from TCL

"Nougat"? We thought you were asking for Noogie!

Apparently it's all in the communication people.. :-)
    10-29-17 02:11 PM
    I don't care much about nougat I can live without it. Wish I wasn't a month behind on security updates, kinda makes the "update" moot.

Also my cheap old samsung galaxy tab A just got nougat
    Just sayin

10-30-17 06:23 PM
276 ... 9101112