Anybody know if it's OK to use an Antivirus software on DTEK phones. Such as Norton Mobile Security?

Thanks in advance.
    12-08-16 12:30 PM
    I don't terribly believe in antivirus on mobile so long as one is sensible with what apps they get and where they get them from.
    12-08-16 12:36 PM
    The Antivirus will work fine but I would recommend NOT using one. If you don't install pirated or sketchy 3rd party applications OUTSIDE of the Playstore you shouldn't run into any issues.
    12-09-16 11:56 AM
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mobile-p...acking-breach/

These infected apps were all downloaded from the playstore. When it comes to user privacy you cannot be too careful in using an app or securing your data or browsing the Web and don't listen to people telling you your extra care is due to excessive paranoia. Follow your gut and get an Antivirus program. Avast is really good. There is a reason the dtek app exists in the first place and that's the recognition that there is a possibility of behind the scenes activities in user apps. The only thing broken in Avast is since there's no root, the firewall protection won't work which is on the older version of the app and the most useful. Apps on the appstore have already been scanned for viruses and there's an ongoing behaviour scan from Google but avast does a good job in detecting phishing websites and the like.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 04:48 PM
    Thanks guys for your input. 👍
    12-10-16 07:29 PM
    I am using it on my Priv, I rely on Norton 360 for all my PC's and have been very happy with it on
    Android. It warns of all risks before downloading apps and gives unsecured WiFi warnings, and Identity Safe works perfectly across platforms PC/�ndroid to keep all my logins and passwords safe, I recommend it!
    12-10-16 09:35 PM
    I am using it on my Priv, I rely on Norton 360 for all my PC's and have been very happy with it on
    Android. It warns of all risks before downloading apps and gives unsecured WiFi warnings, and Identity Safe works perfectly across platforms PC/�ndroid to keep all my logins and passwords safe, I recommend it!
    I installed it. And it identified a couple of apps I should look at. That may info out. I hardly use them so I deleted them. Am happy with it this far. ...thanks.
    12-10-16 11:02 PM