I think you have me confused with someone else.

I've only ever stated that I expect security patches to continue for some time. My Priv and DTEK50 had the Sep patch within a few days, and my DTEK60 is on the Aug patch.
    I don't mean to put words in your mouth. Maybe it was another ambassador, but I have seen many comments on these boards pointing out that DTEK60 owners should have never expected an update as it was never promised. That is true, but obviously many owners had faith that it would. I have argued that expecting the update would come is not unreasonable for various reasons.

No you are telling us to have faith that BB will be able to execute on their contract with TCL and other licensees. In addition, that they will manage to keep their other devices up-to-date.

Maybe they will, but with all the variants around the world operating on so many different networks, I find it hard to believe they will be able to keep up. They also have new devices coming, Oreo update to work on, etc. etc.
    09-18-17 12:37 PM
    I don't mean to put words in your mouth. Maybe it was another ambassador, but I have seen many comments on these boards pointing out that DTEK60 owners should have never expected an update as it was never promised. That is true, but obviously many owners had faith that it would. I have argued that expecting the update would come is not unreasonable for various reasons.

No you are telling us to have faith that BB will be able to execute on their contract with TCL and other licensees. In addition, that they will manage to keep their other devices up-to-date.

Maybe they will, but with all the variants around the world operating on so many different networks, I find it hard to believe they will be able to keep up. They also have new devices coming, Oreo update to work on, etc. etc.
    What conite likes to say is that no one can blame BlackBerry because they are merely contracted by the licensees. That was not the case for the DTEKs until recently, and when exactly TCL officially takes this over from BlackBerry, and what level of service can be expected (if any) is anyone's guess. I certainly feel sorry for anyone who got stuck with a DTEK.

DTEK or otherwise, the details of these arrangements have never been disclosed publicly, so therefore we have no way of knowing for certain whether or not BlackBerry is keeping up and fulfilling it's contractual obligations with the licensees.
    Last edited by panopticon; 09-20-17 at 11:32 AM.
    09-20-17 11:10 AM
27 12