I received an email from Blackberry Support a couple of months ago and they confirmed to me that the DTEK60 would be getting the Nougat upgrade after the rollout of the K1.

When I purchased my DTEK60 directly from Blackberry 9 months ago, I fully expected it to be upgraded to Nougat which had already been launched. I did not buy a Pixel because I wanted to support Blackberry. If you bought a DTEK60 you were probably a loyal Blackberry customer.

With the latest rumors, I am losing faith in Blackberry. I kept my faith after the Playbook, BB10, Blend and switch to Android.

If the DTEK60 does not get Nougat because of they feel the "work" required is too much, then I will be done with Blackberry, for devices, apps, and their enterprise offerings. And I will be vocal to my business contacts about their lack of customer commitment. This is probably not of any consequence to Blackberry, but it should.

As the old saying goes "fool me twice, shame on me!"

For the posters than say I should be happy with security updates, I ask would you have been happy with Microsoft if they just provided updates to VISTA?

Keeping your OS up to date is the best security for any device. Most tech vendors have adapted this approach.

I would also like to see Crackberry Kevin and Bla1se, be more critical with Blackberry about their needing to more customer focused. Time to take a stand for the Blackberry loyal customers.
    09-11-17 04:33 PM
    I received an email from Blackberry Support a couple of months ago and they confirmed to me that the DTEK60 would be getting the Nougat upgrade after the rollout of the K1.

When I purchased my DTEK60 directly from Blackberry 9 months ago, I fully expected it to be upgraded to Nougat which had already been launched. I did not buy a Pixel because I wanted to support Blackberry. If you bought a DTEK60 you were probably a loyal Blackberry customer.

With the latest rumors, I am losing faith in Blackberry. I kept my faith after the Playbook, BB10, Blend and switch to Android.

If the DTEK60 does not get Nougat because of they feel the "work" required is too much, then I will be done with Blackberry, for devices, apps, and their enterprise offerings. And I will be vocal to my business contacts about their lack of customer commitment. This is probably not of any consequence to Blackberry, but it should.

For the posters than say I should be happy with security updates, I ask would you have been happy with Microsoft if they just provided updates to VISTA?

Keeping your OS up to date is the best security for any device. Most tech vendors have adapted this approach.

I would also like to see Crackberry Kevin and Bla1se, be more critical with Blackberry about their needing to more customer focused. Time to take a stand for the Blackberry loyal customers.
    Kevin and Blaze won't rock the ship by getting serious with BBMOBILE.

You know the saying
    "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"
    giantrobo likes this.
    09-11-17 05:00 PM
    With the latest rumors, I am losing faith in Blackberry.
    Well, you don't have to worry since TCL, PT BB Merah Putih, and Optiemus Infracom will be making ALL decisions about updates going forward.

BlackBerry will never again have anything to sell you, promise you, or deliver to you.
    09-11-17 05:04 PM
    Well, you don't have to worry since TCL, PT BB Merah Putih, and Optiemus Infracom will be making ALL decisions about updates going forward.

BlackBerry will never again have anything to sell you, promise you, or deliver to you.
    But the update still has to come from BlackBerry, and that company has a bad reputation for providing software and security updates.
    09-11-17 05:23 PM
    But the update still has to come from BlackBerry, and that company has a bad reputation for providing software and security updates.
    They simply produce updates when TCL and the other licencees pay them to. Different business model.
    09-11-17 05:30 PM
    TCL should take notice that many customers that own a BlackBerry phone prior to the KeyOne are not happy regardless of who is responsible or who is not responsible. Therefore many will not buy anything carrying the BlackBerry name going forward. Spending $600 for the Dtek 60 and not getting updates every month and now not getting the nougat was a bad decision. One I won't duplicate again with any phone carrying the BlackBerry name. I have had many BlackBerry phones and Playbook and never again
    neoberry99 likes this.
    09-12-17 12:21 AM
    TCL should take notice that many customers that own a BlackBerry phone prior to the KeyOne are not happy regardless of who is responsible or who is not responsible. Therefore many will not buy anything carrying the BlackBerry name going forward. Spending $600 for the Dtek 60 and not getting updates every month and now not getting the nougat was a bad decision. One I won't duplicate again with any phone carrying the BlackBerry name. I have had many BlackBerry phones and Playbook and never again
    The BB brand isn't the only brand that TCL has to sell things to you under. If BB phones don't sell, they'll stop licensing the brand and continue to offer phones under the Alcatel and perhaps Palm brands. It's no huge loss for them.

The real mistake is having "loyalty" to a company that has a LONG history of not showing any loyalty in return, or in meeting its promises. Some BB fans have been so emotionally involved with the brand that they won't even look at anything else - even when buying something else is in their best interests. And the irony is that this behavior allows BB to screw you over multiple times.

You'd have been smarter by ignoring brand names and buying the phone that is best for you on the date you happened to be buying a phone, and ASSUMING that no upgrades or additional features would be added unless the promise was being made by a company with a long history of actually delivering on such promises.

Being blindly loyal to a brand is only useful if that brand is loyal to you in return. BB really hasn't been in a position to be loyal to BB smartphone fans for years, even if they wanted to be. Harsh, but true.
    johnny_bravo72, cbvinh and rbtg like this.
    09-12-17 02:20 AM
    Loyalty doesn't mean anything these days , just Family....
    Been Loyal to BlackBerry for years and been fighting for them for years, but they seem to pass the buck and blame to someone else. Feel like a fool. Love the product but not the support.
    Sent from a Dtek60.
    09-16-17 02:27 PM
    Loyalty doesn't mean anything these days , just Family....
    Been Loyal to BlackBerry for years and been fighting for them for years, but they seem to pass the buck and blame to someone else. Feel like a fool. Love the product but not the support.
    Sent from a Dtek60.
    They're a business that lost billions on the device business. Loyalty only goes so far.

The licencing model will hopefully keep us in BlackBerry-branded devices for a while. The alternative was none.
    ptaylor10 likes this.
    09-16-17 03:46 PM
    The BB brand isn't the only brand that TCL has to sell things to you under. If BB phones don't sell, they'll stop licensing the brand and continue to offer phones under the Alcatel and perhaps Palm brands. It's no huge loss for them.

The real mistake is having "loyalty" to a company that has a LONG history of not showing any loyalty in return, or in meeting its promises. Some BB fans have been so emotionally involved with the brand that they won't even look at anything else - even when buying something else is in their best interests. And the irony is that this behavior allows BB to screw you over multiple times.

You'd have been smarter by ignoring brand names and buying the phone that is best for you on the date you happened to be buying a phone, and ASSUMING that no upgrades or additional features would be added unless the promise was being made by a company with a long history of actually delivering on such promises.

Being blindly loyal to a brand is only useful if that brand is loyal to you in return. BB really hasn't been in a position to be loyal to BB smartphone fans for years, even if they wanted to be. Harsh, but true.
    Translation, buy an iPhone.
    puffstack likes this.
    09-16-17 03:51 PM

DTEK60 may in fact still get Nougat. At least it's possible. Just not from BlackBerry directly.

Whether or not it happens, or if you even trust in TCL enough to wait and see...that is an entirely different question.
    09-16-17 03:54 PM
    DTEK60 may in fact still get Nougat. At least it's possible. Just not from BlackBerry directly.

Whether or not it happens, or if you even trust in TCL enough to wait and see...that is an entirely different question.
    What does trust in with TCL have to do with it? TCL has not made any promises.
    09-16-17 04:21 PM
    Or Pixel.

Frankly, if you're not interested in a pkb, or a secure long battery life slab, then the Pixel 2 XL is the phone to beat this year.
    09-16-17 04:22 PM
    Or Pixel.

Frankly, if you're not interested in a pkb, or a secure long battery life slab, then the Pixel 2 XL is the phone to beat this year.
    Or, in other words...a Pixel or a TCL BlackBerry? Decisions, decisions. LMAO.
    09-16-17 07:25 PM
    What does trust in with TCL have to do with it? TCL has not made any promises.
    Oh nothing much to do with TCL. Aside from taking over the DTEKs. Lol.
    09-16-17 07:28 PM
    What is the definition of a secure phone? I'm just a regular user. I don't have access to enterprise services, or tools.

What does 'secure' mean for the regular layman? To me, a regular user, a secure phone means that it is updated and maintained over a reasonable period of time. Further, if/when there are security issues/vulnerabilities I expect the company to release a patch update ASAP.

Apple patches when necessary. They support their hardware up to 5 years with updates. Google seems to be doing good on its phones too.

BlackBerry, the 'pinnacle of security', on the other hand appears to be acting like a sinking ship. They appear to be taking care of themselves first, and your security is taking a backseat.

They need to right the wrong. If the DTEKs are garbage, they should initiate an optional trade-in to a system that will be promptly maintained and supported
    09-16-17 07:37 PM
    Oh nothing much to do with TCL. Aside from taking over the DTEKs. Lol.
    "Taking over" does not make them responsible for OS upgrades - TCL's responsibility begins and ends with whatever they negotiated with BlackBerry.
    09-16-17 07:58 PM
    "Taking over" does not make them responsible for OS upgrades - TCL's responsibility begins and ends with whatever they negotiated with BlackBerry.
    Yeah...so they are responsible. Lol.

Oh wait what I meant was...Huh???
    09-16-17 08:43 PM
    Yeah...so they are responsible. Lol.

Oh wait what I meant was...Huh???
    Responsible to their agreement with BlackBerry - not the end user.
    09-16-17 08:47 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry should setup a Loyalty program to keep the customers that they have been with them for years.
    And no about the iPhone...
    09-16-17 09:45 PM
    Responsible to their agreement with BlackBerry - not the end user.
    Huh? Who said anything about the end user? Lol. We all know that's the last thing in BlackBerry's mind. No need to remind us.
    09-16-17 09:58 PM
    They simply produce updates when TCL and the other licencees pay them to. Different business model.
    I think the issue is that it isn't that simple. As evidenced by the fact that they cannot do it in a timely manner. Do you think TCL negotiated delayed updates and software glitches for the Keyone? Cause that is what customers are seeing. Some versions are getting updates, but not all.
    09-18-17 10:36 AM
    I think the issue is that it isn't that simple. As evidenced by the fact that they cannot do it in a timely manner. Do you think TCL negotiated delayed updates and software glitches for the Keyone? Cause that is what customers are seeing. Some versions are getting updates, but not all.
    There are 15 variants of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ already.

I think things are getting sorted with the initial bugs. Hopefully the patches will become as regular as the NA unlocked model.
    09-18-17 10:38 AM
    There are 15 variants of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ already.

I think things are getting sorted with the initial bugs. Hopefully the patches will become as regular as the NA unlocked model.
    Maybe... Maybe

You keep telling us that we were naïve to trust BB that they would update the DTEK60 because promises were never made.

But now we are supposed to trust the BBMobile/TCL/BlackBerry will be able to get the update process kinks worked out.

So, who is being naïve?
    09-18-17 11:48 AM
    Maybe... Maybe

You keep telling us that we were naïve to trust BB that they would update the DTEK60 because promises were never made.

But now we are supposed to trust the BBMobile/TCL/BlackBerry will be able to get the update process kinks worked out.

So, who is being naïve?
    I think you have me confused with someone else.

I've only ever stated that I expect security patches to continue for some time. My Priv and DTEK50 had the Sep patch within a few days, and my DTEK60 is on the Aug patch.
    09-18-17 11:55 AM
27 12