I am really confused about upgrading my device.

I have been using the BlackBerry's awesome-est Z30 from past 3 years now and I don't think I want a pkb anymore. Yes I have had my share of curves n bolds and a torch too and their pkb was super cool but ever since I moved to BB10 Z30, fingering the screen has been fun with all the gestures. My friends from other brands also compliment on the keyboard of Z30 and wish they had there's like this one.
    But now after the launch of much hyped Keyone I am really having second thoughts . Like no one talks about dtek60 anymore. I feel like they have ditched it out. Only the ones who have it talk about it that too about the complications they are facing and have no solution too . Like no replacement for screen or camera lens as the glass on both sides make it slippery and easy prey to fall down.

So my question is should I really buy a BlackBerry dtek60 or consider Keyone or maybe go for some other brand maybe OnePlus 3T?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 10:10 AM
    I came to the dtek60 while looking for a replacement for my leap. I'd had a nexus 4 some time back and knew I didn't want all the bloat wear associated with some or all the other phones on the market. This is why I came back to BB. Had the classic, PP etc and I wanted to stop with the superb BB VKB. So for me after all the blah about battery life (which is pretty good) and stuff to find a BB VKB and no bloat wear it was the 60 for me. It's pretty close to a vanilla OS IMHO but still keeps to BB's way to use ways. Yes it's android but that means you can change loads of stuff. For me a perfect leap replacement.
    05-10-17 10:25 AM
    A couple of different ways you can approach this depending on what you want out of your phone, outside of a virtual keyboard. The KEYone sounds like a great device but if you don't see yourself utilizing the PKB I wouldn't bother with it. You're hearing more about it now because it was just released; it's been half a year since the DTEK60 came out.

I don't know the track record for security updates on the OnePlus series, but if keeping up to date with Google's patches, then that would be in favor of the DTEK60 over the OnePlus.

If having the BlackBerry Software suite (Hub, contacts/calendar/tasks/password keeper apps, BlackBerry keyboard, etc.) is important to you, then the 60 would be preferable over another brand, though it is possible to install these apps on other devices.

If top of the line hardware specs are important, then you're probably better off elsewhere.

Lastly, availability is important; which devices are available in your region and do they have the necessary radios to support the frequencies that your carrier uses?

Personally, I have the DTEK60 and it satisfies my needs. Haven't had any hardware mishaps and both the front screen and back casing are both intact. I had the Priv for several months on Verizon in the US but found that I wasn't taking advantage of the PKB, plus the device was much slower.
    05-10-17 10:40 AM
    I am really confused about upgrading my device.

I have been using the BlackBerry's awesome-est Z30 from past 3 years now and I don't think I want a pkb anymore. Yes I have had my share of curves n bolds and a torch too and their pkb was super cool but ever since I moved to BB10 Z30, fingering the screen has been fun with all the gestures. My friends from other brands also compliment on the keyboard of Z30 and wish they had there's like this one.
    But now after the launch of much hyped Keyone I am really having second thoughts . Like no one talks about dtek60 anymore. I feel like they have ditched it out. Only the ones who have it talk about it that too about the complications they are facing and have no solution too . Like no replacement for screen or camera lens as the glass on both sides make it slippery and easy prey to fall down.

So my question is should I really buy a BlackBerry dtek60 or consider Keyone or maybe go for some other brand maybe OnePlus 3T?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    If you're wanting on a Flagship type device I would just wait till the OnePlus 5 comes out next month. You can download Cobalt's blackberry manager app and get all the blackberry android apps ad free. If you're OK with last year's specs on the Dtek60 then buy that one. In a couple weeks after the KeyONE launches I'm sure they will be a father's day sale that will lower the price worth making the purchase
    05-10-17 10:41 AM
    I went from the Z30 to the DTEK 60 and I think it's great. I do have a cracked screen, the screen still works fine, but that was because I dropped it.

I think that, if likie me, you do not want/care for a PKB then the DTEK 60 is a great option. It may be last year's specs, but it's plenty fast for what I use it for... phone calls, messaging, emails, browser, etc.
    05-10-17 10:51 AM
    I think I am gonna go with dtek60 cos top end line specs aren't as important as security is...plus all the BlackBerry features from bb10 are gonna be there which I think I cannot survive without as they have grown into me I guess
    Really appreciate your guidance guys
    After reading this things make more sense now
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 03:31 PM
    Not everything from BB10 made the transition to Android though so just be aware of that... For example, there's no peek and at default gestures are minimal though you can use other launchers to add more customization.
    05-11-17 08:16 AM
    The DTEK60 would be a more comparable upgrade to the Z30. If you used a Z30 then you obviously are heavily reliant on physical keys. If you don't need physical keys then you don't really need the KEYone. The DTEK60 becomes grippy with the clear soft shell case they provided me. Battery life is fine. It won't be on the same level as the KEYone but it gets me through the day. The KEYone has a slightly better camera. Otherwise, the DTEK60 is simply the better device. Faster chip, an extra GB of RAM, larger and better display (it's amoled not lcd, and has a much higher ppi). Still has a fingerprint sensor on the back which works fine. The only people I'd recommend the KEYone to are people that absolutely need a physical keyboard and good battery life. This is why I'll be buying one for my dad, lol.
    vishesh batra likes this.
    05-11-17 08:22 AM
    I was in the same boat. I had a Z30 that I used for 3 years and loved it. It's still at home but I don't use it anymore because I upgraded to the DTEK60. It really is the successor to the Z30. Its different, but the same in some ways. Give yourself 2 weeks to get used to Android and the slightly different ergonomics but its a great phone.

I recommend getting a grippy skin for the back and or the Incipio case as that is what I did and its a great and powerful package to cart around.
    05-12-17 12:03 PM
    I upgraded from my beloved Z30 as well. After a bit of learning curve, I am loving my DTEK60. I like the BlackBerry version of Android and the BlackBerry apps. I purchased the Incipio case and also love it. Protects the back and sides of the screen. It has a nice feel to it as well.
    05-12-17 09:42 PM