Got my DTEK60 for Christmas. Doing the system updates, can't wait to start playing with my new toy. Of course I will be torn between two devices now, my Passport and the DTEK60.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-25-16 09:41 AM
    Congrats. I am thinking about buying one, but I am a little apprehensive. I loved my Pearl, Bold, and Passport but all are long gone. Hated the Torch.

Went back to an IPhone 6+, mainly because my wife and my kids have them and love to FaceTime.

But, my work phone is a Samsung S6, and with out doubt It is my least favorite phone of all time with the Torch close behind.

I just don't want to have another Samsung clone. From all the research I have done the layout is pretty similar. I'm hoping the 60 is not the same.

One thing I will always love about the BB is the HUB.
    MGO and simon williams4 like this.
    12-25-16 09:50 AM
    my wife and my kids have them and love to FaceTime.
    good reason to keep it
    12-25-16 09:55 AM
    Facetime work with all . . . well... Only other Apple.

DTEK60 as well as other Android can make video calling with all other Android and Apple device.

Just use BBM video, Google Duo, Messenger video, etc ...
    awindsr likes this.
    12-25-16 11:08 AM
    Got my DTEK60 for Christmas. Doing the system updates, can't wait to start playing with my new toy. Of course I will be torn between two devices now, my Passport and the DTEK60.

Posted via CB10
    I have been using the PRIV with my BlackBerry Z30 as a back up. And believe me - Android Marshmallow is actually a fantastic OS. Give it a chance. You will get used to it. It isn't as fluid as BlackBerry 10. And it is a pity that we will never see another BlackBerry 10 device running on something like the Snapdragon 835.

But Android is pretty good. Give it a shot. You will be surprised. Just like I was.

Hopefully.
    12-25-16 11:22 AM
    good reason to keep it
    With BBM cross platform between iOS and Android for video calling...it does an awesome job. Now being on DTEK60... I BBM video call (facetime) my friends and family on their iPhones and other Android devices all the time.

With BB10 friends and relatives, BBM voice only which eliminates long distance phone calls over seas
    Last edited by qphone; 12-25-16 at 05:21 PM.
    12-25-16 02:03 PM
    The Hub on DTEK60 is very close to BB10 - some slight imperfections with texts and Whatsapp but it's close enough.

Using an android phone with the essentials of BlackBerry has been far better overall than the BB10 experience. I used BlackBerry from its very first email device all the way through Passport. Tried Priv and it doesn't cut it, because the keyboard sucked. Then held my nose and dove into DTEK60.

It's great. Especially for those of us who will never, ever use the iPhone!
    12-25-16 02:08 PM
    I have been using the PRIV with my BlackBerry Z30 as a back up. And believe me - Android Marshmallow is actually a fantastic OS. Give it a chance. You will get used to it. It isn't as fluid as BlackBerry 10. And it is a pity that we will never see another BlackBerry 10 device running on something like the Snapdragon 835.

But Android is pretty good. Give it a shot. You will be surprised. Just like I was.

Hopefully.
    So far so good, got a lot to learn... the keyboard reminds me so much of the Z30.... What I like about the DTEK60 is learning a new OS and I could see the BlackBerry input.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-16 04:06 PM
    Facetime work with all . . . well... Only other Apple.

DTEK60 as well as other Android can make video calling with all other Android and Apple device.

Just use BBM video, Google Duo, Messenger video, etc ...
    Convincing anyone on iOS or android to load BBM is nearly impossible.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    12-25-16 04:08 PM
    I actually disabled it on my Priv. Even my friend with a Passport gave up on it.
    12-25-16 04:31 PM
    Guess kinda lucky since I haven't had an issue having friends and family install BBM on their iPhones or Androids. Have 25 BBM contacts 6 are BB10 the remaining 19 are iOS/Android
    12-25-16 05:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    I was in the same situation when I first bought my dtek. Within a week I put the passport away and have never looked back. Enjoy your new device... you won't be disappointed.
    12-25-16 07:17 PM
    Guess kinda lucky since I haven't had an issue having friends and family install BBM on their iPhones or Androids. Have 25 BBM contacts 6 are BB10 the remaining 19 are iOS/Android
    Same here. They'll have a better chance just downloading BBM than trying to convince me to download any of the others.
    12-25-16 08:09 PM
    nearly impossible
    key word. I had it on my ios..now using it on passport along side of IPhone
    12-26-16 12:40 AM
    So far so good, got a lot to learn... the keyboard reminds me so much of the Z30.... What I like about the DTEK60 is learning a new OS and I could see the BlackBerry input.

Posted via CB10
    Its good to know that the approach is open-minded.

As and when you can, please update us on the Battery life. I am saving up to purchase a DTEK60 next year.

Thank you.

Happy Holidays! 🤘
    12-26-16 04:57 AM
    please update us on the Battery life. I am saving up to purchase a DTEK60 next year.

Thank you.

Happy Holidays! 🤘[/QUOTE]

My Dtek60 is the best BlackBerry I have ever used. Battery life is amazing, I'm a moderate to heavy user and with the Dtek60 I can go all day and even forgot to plug it at night and it is still there in the morning. USB C charger is great just plug it in while taking a shower or a meal and will get you enough power to carry you the whole day. I got the Z10, Z30 and Priv none of them come even close.
    12-26-16 07:31 AM
    I am happy to see you guys enjoying the DETEK60 as I recently two to replace my Z30 but still believe the Z30 was great and not enjoying the DETEK60 yet will never buy anything but BlackBerry. In the last couple of days I am forced to charge 2 to 3 times per day and sometime battery runs out in 2 hours, not sure what is going yet I do not have much installed
    12-26-16 08:45 AM
    I have had my DTEK60 for about a month now. Transitioned from my Z30. The Z30 is a great device because of BB10. After the transition, I only miss a few aspects of BB10. I truly wish the BB10 OS had more support from consumers and would live on. Alas, it is not to be....
    After a bit of a learning curve with the DTEK60, (and you need to give yourself some time to learn the new OS, and set it up to your liking, as Android is much more customizable than BB10), I am enjoying all of the BlackBerry productivity apps that I use for work such as: the HUB, BlackBerry keyboard, Password App, BlackBerry Calendar and BBM. The rest of the device is great too. Updated apps etc. As a moderate user, battery life is great. The speakers are good and the screen is bright and crisp. I am not much of a camera user, but the camera is FAR better than the Z30.
    My Z30 was starting to show lag and was getting a bit glitchy.
    After making the transition, I am sad to see BB10 go... but I am enjoying BlackBerry's version on Android and I'm not looking back. Will be fun to see where BlackBerry goes in 2017!
    Bay 13 and bb624 like this.
    12-26-16 09:36 AM
    I am happy to see you guys enjoying the DETEK60 as I recently two to replace my Z30 but still believe the Z30 was great and not enjoying the DETEK60 yet will never buy anything but BlackBerry. In the last couple of days I am forced to charge 2 to 3 times per day and sometime battery runs out in 2 hours, not sure what is going yet I do not have much installed
    That's not the phone. It's your own setup or a defective device. Has nothing to do with DTEK60.
    12-26-16 09:36 AM
    Sad but true
    12-26-16 02:52 PM
    Well today the battery is running well, nearly 5 hours and almost 90% remaining yet few phone calls but many e-mails as usual
    12-27-16 04:33 AM
    I was in the same situation when I first bought my dtek. Within a week I put the passport away and have never looked back. Enjoy your new device... you won't be disappointed.
    Still thinking fondly of my Passport, but some apps on the Android devices cannot be missed: banking, parking, travelling, etc.
    01-16-17 02:16 AM