Looking for the quality of BlackBerry as I have had many blackberry phones. Currently on the dtek60 but looks like time to upgrade. Any suggestions from you guys
    10-05-20 10:01 PM
    Do you want a Berry that has a keyboard?

If yes, go for a KEY2 or a KEY2 LE.

If you don't care for the keyboard, there aren't really any touchscreen Berry's worth buying at this point.
    10-05-20 10:24 PM
    Looking for the quality of BlackBerry as I have had many blackberry phones. Currently on the dtek60 but looks like time to upgrade. Any suggestions from you guys
    Unfortunately, the last VKB hardware was the Motion from 2.5-3 years ago. The Key2 and Key2 LE were the last PKB from 2-2.5 years ago but even those are no longer current by most standards if security updates is part of your requirements.

At some point OM is supposed to produce a BlackBerry licensed PKB however details and dates aren’t specific yet.
    10-05-20 10:30 PM
    Take a look at some of the Samsung phones. They have so many choices it's unreal (I think they are basically just flooding the market) and they aren't bad.
    10-05-20 10:55 PM
    Depends on the market your in..... and what your looking for.
    10-06-20 01:46 PM
    They have so many choices

...which all look the same lol
    10-06-20 10:07 PM
    ...which all look the same lol
    Agree. It's actually almost mind boggling how many different variants they have and what the differences might be between each. One almost needs a course specifically in Samsung phones to be able to understand the differences, and which ones might be more suitable over others. I guess they truly want to have something for everyone and anyone, something for every possible retailer to be willing to stock to sell, and something for every possible carrier to be willing to put on their system.
    10-06-20 10:14 PM
    I guess they truly want to have something for everyone and anyone
    If by "something" you mean "a slab" then yes, they want to have a slab for everyone lol
    10-06-20 11:08 PM
    Yes, something for everyone that is willing to have a non-PKB device.
    10-07-20 04:42 PM
    Depends on the market your in..... and what your looking for.
    I really want something that meets the standards of what I am used to with the bakery devices.
    10-08-20 01:52 AM
    I really want something that meets the standards of what I am used to with the bakery devices.
    TCL wasn't a very good hardware manufacture.... most any current and popular phone will provide quality above and beyond the DTEK60. Will be a HUGE difference between a version of Android from four years ago and today's Android 10 or 11, you'll have to get use to that. Apps, you can install most of the HUB+ Suite and that part will be just like what you have now.

If you are in the US, and aren't locked to a carrier.... you can get a brand new Samsung S20 5G for really cheap. Or the newly released Pixel 5 should be a great value option.
    10-08-20 08:08 AM
    TCL wasn't a very good hardware manufacture.... most any current and popular phone will provide quality above and beyond the DTEK60.
    I guess it just takes some longer to admit it than others.

I believe in Foxconn/FIH more than TCL
    10-08-20 08:19 AM
    For me it is simply the case that all the BlackBerry phones have provided great stability operation and such for the past 20 years. Always hard to change. I want the robustness of their phones. I am in Australia so please help me with the best option for me.
    10-10-20 07:20 AM
    For me it is simply the case that all the BlackBerry phones have provided great stability operation and such for the past 20 years. Always hard to change. I want the robustness of their phones. I am in Australia so please help me with the best option for me.
    There simply is NO currently supported BlackBerry option. That's it.

And, according to BlackBerry, with Android it is critical to get timely security patches.
    10-10-20 09:55 AM
    They don't make phones anymore... haven't for over four years. The licensed phones that have followed, are in name only.

I'd go ask your family and friends locally what they are using and why the like or don't like about what they are using.
    10-12-20 03:14 PM
    If you're okay not getting any Android security updates past May 2020 for the KEY2 and July 2020 for the LE then I can still recommend either of them.
    10-12-20 03:41 PM
    Sony Xperia 5 ii if you're willing to wait until December.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-20 03:15 AM
    Thank you everyone for your response. Looks like I will be checking out the latest offerings in the Australian market.
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    10-28-20 07:05 AM
    Rick, if you are still looking for a phone give the Google Pixels a shot. The Pixel experience with pure Android with Hub+ has been rock solid for me ever since I moved over from my DTEK60. Everything transferred over seamlessly onto my Pixel 2XL when I changed over. The camera is amazing and with Google One storage you really don't need much else. Good luck with your search!
    11-04-20 02:51 PM
    Thank you everyone for your response. Looks like I will be checking out the latest offerings in the Australian market.
    Have you checked out Pixel yet? I just started using a Pixel 3a recently. I enjoy as much as my XR and the Motion I have.
    11-04-20 06:51 PM
    Have you checked out Pixel yet? I just started using a Pixel 3a recently. I enjoy as much as my XR and the Motion I have.
    How's the battery on that 3a compared to the XR or Motion
    11-04-20 06:55 PM
    How's the battery on that 3a compared to the XR or Motion
    Not sure yet as I don’t use the devices similar manner.
    11-05-20 07:44 AM