I love this phone. I've had no complaints with it other than the battery, I replaced it and hasn't been too bad since. Now that my camera is failing and can't focus, I'm looking for a replacement to the dtek60. BlackBerry don't have any offerings other than the motion but it doesn't have decent speakers like the dtek does. So where to from here?
    I wish they'd release the evolve x to European or Asian markets soon so I can import one but that looks unlikely to happen.
    I hate how BlackBerry is so unpredictable with what they are going to release and when. They need to be more transparent so we know whether to jump ship and rely on their apps or wait for their upcoming devices.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    10-20-18 08:24 PM
    To get a direct successor to the DTEK60, i.e. a full touch Snapdragon 8xx series phone, would require you to look elsewhere from BlackBerry. OnePlus and Nokia are good places to investigate.
    10-20-18 09:57 PM
    I will look into one plus. I've checked out all of Nokia's offerings but none have a notification led which is a bummer. I think android one together with blackberry's apps will be a nice combo, but finding the right device to match or beat the dtek60 isn't so easy.
    It just goes to show BlackBerry was on point with dtek range but failed to continue that path.
    aodash and vishesh batra like this.
    10-20-18 10:25 PM
    I ended up getting a key2 but hating the pkb. Takes forever to type anything.
    10-25-18 04:20 AM
    I ended up getting a key2 but hating the pkb. Takes forever to type anything.
    PKB can be slower than VKB, but it should be substantially more accurate.

You'll get better at it with time.

Either way, you can always flick up to autocomplete and activate autocorrect (which is activated by default anyways) to make for even faster typing.

Speed is one thing, accuracy is another, and enjoyment is yet another.

Do you enjoy the satisfying click of pushing buttons more than typing on glass?
    10-25-18 05:01 AM
    I've also been hoping for a DTek60 successor, but I need a phone sooner than anything being rumored and the Ghost isn't going to work for me. I'm going to do a spec comparison chart after the oneplus 6T comes out in a week or so, but that's probably going to be the one I go for.
    10-26-18 03:16 AM
    I love this phone. I've had no complaints with it other than the battery, I replaced it and hasn't been too bad since. Now that my camera is failing and can't focus, I'm looking for a replacement to the dtek60. BlackBerry don't have any offerings other than the motion but it doesn't have decent speakers like the dtek does. So where to from here?
    I wish they'd release the evolve x to European or Asian markets soon so I can import one but that looks unlikely to happen.
    I hate how BlackBerry is so unpredictable with what they are going to release and when. They need to be more transparent so we know whether to jump ship and rely on their apps or wait for their upcoming devices.
    I will recommend to you the NOkia 6.1 or NOkia 7.1 as the replacement. At least Nokia has better record now in monthly security / software update. For your information, I am still using my DTEK60 and also a new KEY2
    10-26-18 03:25 AM
    I ended up replacing it with a Sony xz2. Beautifully designed high powered phone with a rgb notification led, loud speakers, fast software updates and decent battery life. I've loaded cobalt's BlackBerry apps on it and everything is running very smoothly. It has a longer screen than the dtek60 but is the same width. I think the best vkb phone from BlackBerry would be one with updated high end specs similar to dtek60 but one with a 6" 16:9 screen. The width of a 6" 16:9 phone (Sony xa2 ultra) paired with BlackBerry's vkb would be an absolute joy to type on. The current trend of 18+:9 phones isn't making it a better typing experience. Bring back work wide!
    sowhoong likes this.
    11-07-18 07:00 AM
    I am also wondering if they will replace it too. Loved my Passport and Priv but like to have both BlackBerry in different Worlds . Maybe a Keytwo LESS model would be nice matching the Keytwo.
    Just a Thought 🤔
    11-11-18 12:29 PM
    Why would you trust another all touch from TCL? I would not say your experience has been stellar.
    11-11-18 01:14 PM