I love everything about BlackBerry! However one thing I loved has been sought of taken away from me! And that's the nakedness!!!! I love all my BlackBerry phones naked and the 60 I'm like wtf!!! I'm not knocking BlackBerry and in any way cause I'm BlackBerry!!!! However, doesn't matter!!!
    11-13-16 12:19 AM
    what?
    11-13-16 02:25 AM
    He means he will need a case for his 60 whereas he liked to run his other BBs without a case.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 02:57 AM
    The DTEK60 is indeed a slippery phone due to the glass back. All my BB10 phones were used naked, same goes for BBOS. Hope the mercury will allow us to be used naked as well. Time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 03:01 AM
    Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I was going to have to ask one of my kids what it means 😉
    aecgda likes this.
    11-13-16 06:03 AM
    That's pretty much all phones now. You need some serious protection
    11-13-16 06:53 AM
    Is TCL version also slippery? if it is, that is the designer's taste (or perference)... beauty over practicality... he/she must be with artsy background (engineering background usually the other way around... you truly need both - hard to come by). the designer should support his/her device for 1 yr in market at repair and overhaul center (or his/her team)... it will fix the problem no time (just layout support scheme, you will get 2 more design review and all the impractical stuff goes away, unless the designer intend to jump ship before all the failure come home..- that happened too once in a blue moon).
    11-14-16 07:14 PM
    Is TCL version also slippery? if it is, that is the designer's taste (or perference)... beauty over practicality... he/she must be with artsy background (engineering background usually the other way around... you truly need both - hard to come by). the designer should support his/her device for 1 yr in market at repair and overhaul center (or his/her team)... it will fix the problem no time (just layout support scheme, you will get 2 more design review and all the impractical stuff goes away, unless the designer intend to jump ship before all the failure come home..- that happened too once in a blue moon).
    purely a BB choice, not TCL
    11-14-16 07:23 PM
    Maybe we should all wear rubber gloves and cut the thumbs off them...
    11-14-16 09:40 PM
    yeah it slipped around on me a couple times i noticed when leaving on the edge of a ceramic sink. I hate cases though. Bareback or nothing!
    11-15-16 06:35 AM
    You know what, I'm pretty much the same. But there are some cases out there that really add to the aesthetic to the phone. I'm sure there won't be much for the D60 in terms of that though. Usually only for mainstream phones aha
    11-15-16 07:39 AM
    purely a BB choice, not TCL
    sad. they layoff hardware chaps one too many... (appear to be lack of common sense check and balance... unless that designer got a big chip on his/her shoulder - that happened too... "my way or high way"). Better be a lesson learned for future material and process selection.
    11-15-16 07:51 AM
    Not the priv!
    11-15-16 08:18 AM
    I don't care how premium this glass back makes it look, it ends up getting covered up due to how slippery it is. I was hoping this wouldn't be an issue.

I love the grippy backs of previous BlackBerry phones

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 08:33 AM
    I don't care how premium this glass back makes it look, it ends up getting covered up due to how slippery it is. I was hoping this wouldn't be an issue.

I love the grippy backs of previous BlackBerry phones

Posted via CB10
    I agree. The slipperiness is the main problem for me. It is a very well designed phone but serves no point if it has to be covered up. I preferred the Priv back.
    11-15-16 08:45 AM
    Get a carbon wrap when they come out. U-karbon.
    11-15-16 08:58 AM
    Looking for a very simple bumper case without a back. Is there one? I know it exists for most other phones.
    11-15-16 09:05 AM