I hope you're kidding. Hehe.

Posted via CB10
    Why would I be?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-13-16 10:27 PM
    Here's what I would consider an Argon that I would buy:

5.3" 16:9 WQHD Super AMOLED screen (curved or typical, can be two models) at 60 Hz

Gorilla Glass

Snapdragon 800+ series

3410-3600 and above maH with quick charge and USB 3.0 located at bottom centre, dock-ready.
    MicroHDMI located on side as secondary screen output for displays

18 MP rear autofocus (Nikon lens or Schneider)/ OIS/ F1.8/ 4K ready
    Time shift technology adapted from BlackBerry 10.
    Wide angle lenses with zoom up to 30x.
    8MP/ 10-12 MP front with flash, CMOS (Nikon lens or proprietary, match with Samsung S7 /iPhone 7 or greater)/ F1.8 adjustable aperture in OS like front camera / OIS

32 GB storage
    2 TB Micro SD expandable
    4-6 GB RAM

4 speakers (using the Z30 BlackBerry Natural Sound technology) but better laid out to have front and back sound.

Dual microphones

NFC/Bluetooth/Miracast/WiFi & WiFi direct

Standard GPS/earjack/ANT+ etc. , Paratek Antenna ideal.

Hearing aid Telecoil compatible: (Some wear a set of them and require a phone to be non interfering with signals)

Sensors: Typical but barometer, fingerprint optional

Price points: $400-500 CAD max., $350 CAD ideal (if BlackBerry wants to attract sales they gotta be super aggressive, it's the only way to sell like hotcakes).

OS: Ability to choose between BlackBerry 10 and Android on first launch. Otherwise if only choice then Android.

Colours: Black, White, Silver, Gold

Don't think most of these specs aren't out of reach maybe?

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to make this pretty simple for you.....not a hope hell.
    09-13-16 10:41 PM

5.3" 16:9 WQHD Super AMOLED screen (curved or typical, can be two models) at 60 Hz

Gorilla Glass

Snapdragon 800+ series

3410-3600 and above maH with quick charge and USB 3.0 located at bottom centre, dock-ready.

8MP/ 10-12 MP front with flash, CMOS (Nikon lens or proprietary, match with Samsung S7 /iPhone 7 or greater)/ F1.8 adjustable aperture in OS like front camera / OIS

32 GB storage
    2 TB Micro SD expandable
    4-6 GB RAM

4 speakers (using the Z30 BlackBerry Natural Sound technology) but better laid out to have front and back sound.

Dual microphones

Hearing aid Telecoil compatible: (Some wear a set of them and require a phone to be non interfering with signals)

Price points: $400-500 CAD max., $350 CAD ideal (if BlackBerry wants to attract sales they gotta be super aggressive, it's the only way to sell like hotcakes).

OS: Ability to choose between BlackBerry 10 and Android on first launch. Otherwise if only choice then Android.

Posted via CB10
    Dream big, man. Maybe one day you'll become CEO of Turing Robotics Industries.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/09...-was-too-weak/

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 01:56 AM

Gorilla Glass

Snapdragon 800+ series

32 GB storage
    2 TB Micro SD expandable
    4-6 GB RAM

Dual microphones

Posted via CB10
    I like these specs but I really think BlackBerry needs to master a fingerprint scanner that is the best/most secure to enable most secure transactions. But I think BlackBerry should use the old pricing strategy of taking the base iphone and subtracting an iphone premium, say $150, and doing the best it can for that price, at least matching iphone's specs. But BlackBerry needs a finger scanner to enable fast and the most secure payments to leverage it's security name as much as possible.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 06:20 AM
    I like these specs but I really think BlackBerry needs to master a fingerprint scanner that is the best/most secure to enable most secure transactions. But I think BlackBerry should use the old pricing strategy of taking the base iphone and subtracting an iphone premium, say $150, and doing the best it can for that price, at least matching iphone's specs. But BlackBerry needs a finger scanner to enable fast and the most secure payments to leverage it's security name as much as possible.

Posted via CB10
    A fingerprint scanner is for convenience, not security.
    09-14-16 06:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    When did BlackBerry have some "old pricing strategy" that was based on being "cheaper" than the iPhone??

Storm... same price?
    9650 .... same price?
    9900.... same price?
    PlayBook... same price for half the screen?
    Z10.... same price?
    Priv.... cost more?
    09-14-16 08:55 AM
    You miss power power battery ideal specs, min 3500mh -4000 mh !!!

Posted via CB10
    trader69 likes this.
    09-14-16 09:56 AM
    I am Steel looking specs for my dream smartphone by Blackberry......
    09-14-16 12:49 PM
    Agree. Fingerprint scanner might be a security issue more than security feature.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 01:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Fingerprints can really be more of a security issue. It is in essence a representation of a persons DNA/biological property and to think of it, can be viewed as violating one's privacy. Maybe I'm wrong on this.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 01:31 PM
    The Pro is itself a derivative of the 4S. It seems that the Blackberry model will also work off the same reference design by TCL. IF it happens.
    Yes I understand your emphasis on the "IF". But from the way things were with the DTEK50, it's not that far off in terms of BlackBerry's intentions to save costs on designing phones based on their actions thus far. Again I could be wrong. But the ideal situation would of course be the phone that is designed by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 01:34 PM
    Yes I understand your emphasis on the "IF". But from the way things were with the DTEK50, it's not that far off in terms of BlackBerry's intentions to save costs on designing phones based on their actions thus far. Again I could be wrong. But the ideal situation would of course be the phone that is designed by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I pretty much guarantee that Blackberry will never ever build another slab device on their own. They'd never be able to hit any reasonable price targets.
    09-15-16 02:44 PM
    Mercury/Rome first :-P

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Please be right!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ci00aaj likes this.
    09-15-16 04:17 PM
    09-20-16 12:07 AM
    Yep, although having Miracast in there will be really necessary in case no wires.

10 MP front camera would be nice.

Blackberry Travel would also be nice, maybe as a reintroduction as a Android app and Hub integration.
    09-20-16 04:12 AM
    09-20-16 04:16 AM
    The DTEK50 is $430. So I think the DTEK60 will be probably around $650.
    09-20-16 01:33 PM
    Rumours are:

5.5 inch QHD screen, Snapdragon 820 CPU, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, 3,000mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0 support, finger print scanner, a USB Type-C charging port, a 21MP camera, and an 8MP selfie camera.
    Pretty close guess
    09-20-16 03:13 PM
    Maybe for added convenience they'll remove the headphone jack ..........
    09-20-16 03:20 PM
    Pretty close guess
    Only thing wrong is that DTEK60 has QuickCharge 3.0.
    09-20-16 03:31 PM
    Also BlackBerry need to have the devices available globally within a short time span of launch.

Open up the BlackBerry shop to international shipping to more countries like Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Singapore, etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 03:47 PM
    I think the argon/dtek60 is gonna be a sweet phone

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    gng11 likes this.
    09-20-16 03:58 PM
    Only thing wrong is that DTEK60 has QuickCharge 3.0.
    Wait... does that mean an entirely new breed of quick charger as in 3amps?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 04:39 PM
    Wait... does that mean an entirely new breed of quick charger as in 3amps?

Posted via CB10
    From Qualcomm:

Quick Charge 3.0 is engineered to refuel devices up to four times faster than conventional charging. It is designed to charge twice as fast as Quick Charge 1.0 and to be 38 percent more efficient than Quick Charge 2.0. Now consumers can spend even less time charging, and can grab and go more quickly.

How does it work? Quick Charge 3.0 employs Intelligent Negotiation for Optimum Voltage (INOV), an algorithm which allows your portable device to determine what power level to request at any point in time, enabling optimum power transfer while maximizing efficiency. It also supports wider voltage options, allowing a mobile device to dynamically adjust to the ideal voltage level supported by that specific device. Specifically, Quick Charge 3.0 offers a more granular range of voltages: 200mV increments, from 3.6V to 20V. That way your phone can target one of dozens of power levels.
    09-20-16 05:11 PM
    Also BlackBerry need to have the devices available globally within a short time span of launch.

Open up the BlackBerry shop to international shipping to more countries like Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Singapore, etc.

Posted via CB10
    MOTHERUSSIA!
    09-20-16 05:12 PM
71 123