Here's what I would consider an Argon that I would buy:

5.3" 16:9 WQHD Super AMOLED screen (curved or typical, can be two models) at 60 Hz

Gorilla Glass

Snapdragon 800+ series

3410-3600 and above maH with quick charge and USB 3.0 located at bottom centre, dock-ready.
    MicroHDMI located on side as secondary screen output for displays

18 MP rear autofocus (Nikon lens or Schneider)/ OIS/ F1.8/ 4K ready
    Time shift technology adapted from BlackBerry 10.
    Wide angle lenses with zoom up to 30x.
    8MP/ 10-12 MP front with flash, CMOS (Nikon lens or proprietary, match with Samsung S7 /iPhone 7 or greater)/ F1.8 adjustable aperture in OS like front camera / OIS

32 GB storage
    2 TB Micro SD expandable
    4-6 GB RAM

4 speakers (using the Z30 BlackBerry Natural Sound technology) but better laid out to have front and back sound.

Dual microphones

NFC/Bluetooth/Miracast/WiFi & WiFi direct

Standard GPS/earjack/ANT+ etc. , Paratek Antenna ideal.

Hearing aid Telecoil compatible: (Some wear a set of them and require a phone to be non interfering with signals)

Sensors: Typical but barometer, fingerprint optional

Price points: $400-500 CAD max., $350 CAD ideal (if BlackBerry wants to attract sales they gotta be super aggressive, it's the only way to sell like hotcakes).

OS: Ability to choose between BlackBerry 10 and Android on first launch. Otherwise if only choice then Android.

Colours: Black, White, Silver, Gold

Don't think most of these specs aren't out of reach maybe?

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    09-12-16 04:09 PM
    It's nice to have dreams.
    09-12-16 04:18 PM
    Yeah but if it was real I'd be in line in no time.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 04:27 PM
    Its rumored to have the specs of a mixture between the alcatel pro and alcatel 4S.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-12-16 04:30 PM
    Its rumored to have the specs of a mixture between the alcatel pro and alcatel 4S.

Where did you get your sources?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 04:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    $400 to $500 CDN is $300-385 USD.

Since the BlackBerry hardening and software costs $100, that leaves $200-$285 for all that hardware you describe.

I think you're smoking something.
    09-12-16 05:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Rumours are:

5.5 inch QHD screen, Snapdragon 820 CPU, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, 3,000mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0 support, finger print scanner, a USB Type-C charging port, a 21MP camera, and an 8MP selfie camera.

I am not too optimistic we will ever see this. But if we do, it would probably run $350-$400 for hardware plus $100 for BlackBerry's value-add. This would convert to $585-$650 CDN.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, duckduke and cman5 like this.
    09-12-16 05:08 PM

5.3" 16:9 WQHD Super AMOLED screen (curved or typical, can be two models) at 60 Hz

Gorilla Glass

Snapdragon 800+ series

3410-3600 and above maH with quick charge and USB 3.0 located at bottom centre, dock-ready.

8MP/ 10-12 MP front with flash, CMOS (Nikon lens or proprietary, match with Samsung S7 /iPhone 7 or greater)/ F1.8 adjustable aperture in OS like front camera / OIS

32 GB storage
    2 TB Micro SD expandable
    4-6 GB RAM

4 speakers (using the Z30 BlackBerry Natural Sound technology) but better laid out to have front and back sound.

Dual microphones

Hearing aid Telecoil compatible: (Some wear a set of them and require a phone to be non interfering with signals)

Price points: $400-500 CAD max., $350 CAD ideal (if BlackBerry wants to attract sales they gotta be super aggressive, it's the only way to sell like hotcakes).

OS: Ability to choose between BlackBerry 10 and Android on first launch. Otherwise if only choice then Android.

Posted via CB10
    "Price points: $400-500 CAD max., $350 CAD ideal "

You forget to write "Free"

Posted via Priv
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-12-16 06:07 PM

Gorilla Glass

Snapdragon 800+ series

32 GB storage
    2 TB Micro SD expandable
    4-6 GB RAM

Dual microphones

Posted via CB10
    Um, you don't know what it takes to have 30x zoom do you? And don't talk about digital zoom, that's just cropping, if you want 30x zoom that will take some serious glass. Let me put it in perspective for you. I have a Canon SX260. It's a point and shoot and its stand-out feature is 20x zoom... so 10x less than what you're asking for. And when zoomed in, the lens extends out the front of the camera about 3.5" at least... And even fully retracted, there are so many lenses and layers that it doesn't lay flat with the camera body and still sticks out a little...

So they are suppose to engineer everything it takes for that to fit into a mobile phone body of less than half and inch thick, and then sell it for $400? LMAO! That one feature alone would be a $1000 camera if you could accomplish that in such a size.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-12-16 06:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    If that was real I would buy as many as the store would let me, take it apart, and sell every piece individually and multiply my money by like 10...

09-12-16 06:35 PM
    That's like a dream within a dream. Phoneception...

09-12-16 06:35 PM
    $400 to $500 CDN is $300-385 USD.

Since the BlackBerry hardening and software costs $100, that leaves $200-$285 for all that hardware you describe.

I think you're smoking something.
    More like shooting up on something...

09-12-16 06:36 PM
    "Price points: $400-500 CAD max., $350 CAD ideal "

You forget to write "Free"

Posted via Priv
    LMAO! No, they should pay everyone $100 to take one. Sounds legit.

09-12-16 06:37 PM
    Um that's why I wrote "ideal" guys. But really 650+ CAD is kinda too out in reality. 600 is like borderline affordable for most people, off contract.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 11:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Dylan habkirk he's been quite accurate in the past but no guarantees of course

C002026AA

Read along this thread of rumors. Why don't you ask them for their sources too?

09-13-16 01:42 AM
    Rumours are:

5.5 inch QHD screen, Snapdragon 820 CPU, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, 3,000mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0 support, finger print scanner, a USB Type-C charging port, a 21MP camera, and an 8MP selfie camera.

I am not too optimistic we will ever see this. But if we do, it would probably run $350-$400 for hardware plus $100 for BlackBerry's value-add. This would convert to $585-$650 CDN.
    Yeah that would make sense, I would prefer something greater than 3000 mAHbattery life, but I could live with it. $585 would too hit the spot, I would buy it, barring the fact that no other taxes are added on top (which there will be).

I still prefer an additional microHDMI port in case. Was my saving grace many times in practical situations.
    09-13-16 02:33 AM
    Dylan habkirk he's been quite accurate in the past but no guarantees of course

C002026AA

Read along this thread of rumors. Why don't you ask them for their sources too?

Oh right, Habkirk.

Well it's fun to speculate while we wait right? Who knows what comes out of Waterloo?
    09-13-16 02:35 AM
    Um, you don't know what it takes to have 30x zoom do you? And don't talk about digital zoom, that's just cropping, if you want 30x zoom that will take some serious glass. Let me put it in perspective for you. I have a Canon SX260. It's a point and shoot and its stand-out feature is 20x zoom... so 10x less than what you're asking for. And when zoomed in, the lens extends out the front of the camera about 3.5" at least... And even fully retracted, there are so many lenses and layers that it doesn't lay flat with the camera body and still sticks out a little...

So they are suppose to engineer everything it takes for that to fit into a mobile phone body of less than half and inch thick, and then sell it for $400? LMAO! That one feature alone would be a $1000 camera if you could accomplish that in such a size.

Like I said, "ideal". But I get what you mean.
    09-13-16 01:12 PM
    Rumours are:

So based on the rumours, they might actually refer to the Alcatel Idol 4 Pro design? Cause the specs are really similar...

Windows-powered Alcatel Idol 4 Pro new photos, specifications leaked : Tech : Yibada

and I quote:
    The specs of this Windows 10 Phone include: 4GB of RAM, Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 (quad-core, clocked at 2.156Ghz), 21MP rear camera (Sony IMX230 sensor), 64GB of internal storage (with a presence of microSD card slot), 5.5-inch Full HD display, Continuum for phones support and Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update.
    09-13-16 01:31 PM
    Like I said, "ideal". But I get what you mean.
    I know you said ideal, but there's a difference between ideal and far-fetched. You've wandered into the latter, lol. But maybe in the near future something like that could be possible at the pricepoint you want, but as of right now, that's just a dream. :-P

09-13-16 01:34 PM
    So based on the rumours, they might actually refer to the Alcatel Idol 4 Pro design? Cause the specs are really similar...

Windows-powered Alcatel Idol 4 Pro new photos, specifications leaked : Tech : Yibada

and I quote:
    The Pro is itself a derivative of the 4S. It seems that the Blackberry model will also work off the same reference design by TCL. IF it happens.
    jamdown2 likes this.
    09-13-16 01:58 PM
    Just bring on this argon and stop this nonsense. I have cash waiting for it. Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    cman5, brian4591 and luc4625 like this.
    09-13-16 01:59 PM
    Just bring on this argon and stop this nonsense. I have cash waiting for it. Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    Mercury/Rome first :-P

TheGraduate likes this.
    09-13-16 02:03 PM
    Mercury/Rome first :-P

I hope you're kidding. Hehe.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 09:27 PM
    The Pro is itself a derivative of the 4S. It seems that the Blackberry model will also work off the same reference design by TCL. IF it happens.
    Yeah and this wait is killing me lol. Well I'll still hang on to my BlackBerry 10 phone but will need the Argon also. As many said the only things that matter is the actual launch day.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 09:34 PM
71 123