Apologies for being a complete newb to Android but after doing a system update that was available this morning...

Folders that I've made that have Apps which are stored ony SD card are greyed out and when I click it says the app is not available.

Aaaargh....the frustrations of being completely new to a new OS...
    11-07-16 10:10 AM
    Here's the latest Version as of this morning
    Attached Thumbnails My Apps on my SD card are greyed out after the latest system update this morning-4911.jpg  
    11-07-16 10:16 AM
    Here's my folders with Apps greyed out.
    Attached Thumbnails My Apps on my SD card are greyed out after the latest system update this morning-4912.jpg  
    11-07-16 10:19 AM
    you might try mounting and unmounting the SD card. It was suggested in the past and seemed to work
    11-07-16 10:22 AM
    you might try mounting and unmounting the SD card. It was suggested in the past and seemed to work
    What's weird as after I read your post was going to do your suggestion and now all those greyed out Apps have now reappeared....
    Attached Thumbnails My Apps on my SD card are greyed out after the latest system update this morning-4913.jpg  
    howarmat likes this.
    11-07-16 10:28 AM
    11-07-16 10:29 AM
    I'm about a day away from adopting my Micro SD card as internal memory, so I fear things like this happening! Hopefully it's not something that happens often... could I ask what memory card you have, or the speed/class etc?
    11-07-16 10:48 AM
    I'm about a day away from adopting my Micro SD card as internal memory, so I fear things like this happening! Hopefully it's not something that happens often... could I ask what memory card you have, or the speed/class etc?
    After having my DTEK60 for about 4 days now I've pretty much figured out the ins and outs of this phone. I guess being new to Android... this one quirk I've found aside from ummounting and mounting the SD card in order to fix it immediately...I think after the system reboots especially after a full system update, just give it some time and the SD cards mounts itself back in and all Apps are back online
    Attached Thumbnails My Apps on my SD card are greyed out after the latest system update this morning-4915.jpg  
    11-07-16 11:26 AM
    Exactly internal memory card works perfectly. No issues at all. Just worth installing the fastest card available* class10 U3

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    zman12000 likes this.
    11-07-16 11:46 AM
    This is one of those things that's a blessing or a curse on Android. While some versions of Android allow the installation of apps on the SD card, there is the odd chance that card can fail. If that happens you are screwed. I highly recommend cloud storage for documents/photos/videos so this frees up internal storage for your apps.
    11-07-16 12:06 PM
    After having my DTEK60 for about 4 days now I've pretty much figured out the ins and outs of this phone. I guess being new to Android... this one quirk I've found aside from ummounting and mounting the SD card in order to fix it immediately...I think after the system reboots especially after a full system update, just give it some time and the SD cards mounts itself back in and all Apps are back online
    This being my first Android, I think I've just about got the hang of it. I'm quite glad I went for a BlackBerry too - the shortcuts on this phone are just second to none. I couldn't imagine using an Android without the 3 shortcuts from the centre button!

I'm using a U3 card some hopefully I don't get many issues
    11-07-16 02:23 PM
    This being my first Android, I think I've just about got the hang of it. I'm quite glad I went for a BlackBerry too - the shortcuts on this phone are just second to none. I couldn't imagine using an Android without the 3 shortcuts from the centre button!

I'm using a U3 card some hopefully I don't get many issues
    Agreed! The Hub is a saviour especially when I first did the initial setup (ahhhh....the learning curve pains)

After I setup my Gmail (obviously since it's an Android device, I continued on to my other work emails that aren't Gmail.

low and behold, talk about a pain in the a** when using the Mail app. After a device wipe / reset and only installing my one and only Gmail in the Mail app, I opted out when it asked for other email addresses to be added.

Clicked on the hub and added all my other email addresses (non gmail) including my Shaw (home ISP) and what a huge day and night difference. Hub never asked what's the incoming / outgoing servers, ports, SSL etc...its was way, way more easier. The only it asked was when it didn't connect at first was to check SSL which I changed to accept all certificates.

Boom! Done! Setting up other email addresses in Gmail's Android app was a huge pain the a**.

Thank goodness BlackBerry was able to deliver in bringing our BB10 way of doing things onto their Android device.
    11-07-16 04:08 PM