Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    So I've only taken 2 calls on my phone since I got it on Monday. But I did notice that the first call the caller could no hear me. I pulled the phone away from me to check my signal strength and noticed that it had switched to mute. Then today I took a call and about 2 minutes into the call the caller again couldn't hear me. Again I checked my signal strength thinking that my walking around may have an impact (I do have a notification on that says my calls will be made over WiFi) and again the phone had muted itself.

Anyone else experiencing this?

TIA
    11-02-16 08:13 AM
    Are you using the Do Not Disturb function in the Quick Settings Menu? I don't know if it affects the talk volume, but there is a bug in it which leaves the ringer volume at zero level.
    11-02-16 11:04 AM
    I believe the convenience key acts as mute on and off during a call. Check that you're not pressing that by accident.
    11-02-16 12:08 PM
    I believe the convenience key acts as mute on and off during a call. Check that you're not pressing that by accident.
    From the BlackBerry DTEK60 documentation: "Tip: You can also press the Convenience key to put yourself on mute."
    11-02-16 12:12 PM
    From the BlackBerry DTEK60 documentation: "Tip: You can also press the Convenience key to put yourself on mute."
    Works like that on the DTEK50 too.
    11-02-16 12:33 PM
    Convenience Key was my issue. Thanks to all for the assistance!
    kitmo likes this.
    11-02-16 01:24 PM
    I have the same problem, is this still happening with you?
    11-03-16 01:39 PM
    Hi everyone, when I first ordered BlackBerry DTEK60 on launch dayi got it on last Thursday. Everything was working fine except till next day whenever I get a call or make a call, I just can't hear anything when I am holding my phone on my ears. BlackBerry tech rep did some testing and nothing help so I sent it back thinking it was defective device. Now, this I ordered again and got it yesterday. Same problem I running into again. I just don't get it! Is there anyone else have this type of problems? I can hear when I turn the call on loud speakers. 😢
    11-03-16 02:29 PM
    Hi everyone, when I first ordered BlackBerry DTEK60 on launch dayi got it on last Thursday. Everything was working fine except till next day whenever I get a call or make a call, I just can't hear anything when I am holding my phone on my ears. BlackBerry tech rep did some testing and nothing help so I sent it back thinking it was defective device. Now, this I ordered again and got it yesterday. Same problem I running into again. I just don't get it! Is there anyone else have this type of problems? I can hear when I turn the call on loud speakers. 😢
    Got to Settings: Sound and Notifications and check your volume levels:
    Attached Thumbnails Mute turning on during calls-volume-levels-424c.png  
    11-03-16 02:37 PM
    This is what I have and still nothing. Only can hear while on loud speakers but not on the ears.
    Attached Thumbnails Mute turning on during calls-950.jpg  
    Last edited by wasimraza; 11-03-16 at 03:25 PM.
    11-03-16 03:03 PM
    Attached Thumbnails Mute turning on during calls-951.jpg  
    11-03-16 03:07 PM
    You read the helpful information that hitting the convenience key on the side of the phone during a call mutes it right?
    11-03-16 06:11 PM
    Yeah I know about that key that it will mute the call. My problem is I cannot hear a call when I have phone on my ears only through loud speakers. Whoever I call or they call me they can hear me perfectly fine. This is my second unit with the same problem.
    11-03-16 06:20 PM
    Yeah I know about that key that it will mute the call. My problem is I cannot hear a call when I have phone on my ears only through loud speakers. Whoever I call or they call me they can hear me perfectly fine. This is my second unit with the same problem.
    Is this after a clean wipe or have u installed apps for it to happen on two is strange or just real bad luck.
    11-03-16 07:48 PM
    This happened to me to, I was on contact by email with BlackBerry support. Did a factory reset and got fixed. But after restoring the problem returned. Did a factory reset and fresh install and problem solved. Apparently the Android transfer was dragging something corrupted.
    Factor reset
    Do a clean set up.
    Install your apps from appstore
    11-03-16 10:01 PM
    This happened to me to, I was on contact by email with BlackBerry support. Did a factory reset and got fixed. But after restoring the problem returned. Did a factory reset and fresh install and problem solved. Apparently the Android transfer was dragging something corrupted.
    Factor reset
    Do a clean set up.
    Install your apps from appstore
    Really??? It works like that? At first when I encountered that problem, I did factory reset on my first BlackBerry DTEK60 and it was working again and did the restoration then problem came again so I return it cause I thought that device is defect. After returning, I bought this second device and did restore everything from previous backup with Google account. It works only for 2 hours this morning and then again same problem.
    11-03-16 10:14 PM
    Yes it works, being 2 days, several test reboots and even did the beta test setup. No problem. Try it and let me know
    11-03-16 10:34 PM
    Yes it works, being 2 days, several test reboots and even did the beta test setup. No problem. Try it and let me know
    Thanks for the advice. I factory reset my phone and started fresh this morning. So far call can be heard on the ears. I will give it couple of days to say that the best solution is to start fresh and don't restore anything from previous backup. Thanks again 😁
    11-04-16 05:14 PM
    I'm so glad it worked, the idea came to me from the time of BB10 leaks, lots of people got OS corrupted backups.
    11-04-16 09:09 PM