Very happy! Stays cool, very fast.
    I wasn't using the PKB on the PRIV, which I found atrocious, so I decided to buy the DTEK 60. Very happy so far!
    Only issue is how slippery it is.
    12-12-16 05:21 AM
    I love my PRIV and I love the PKB. But I held a DTEK60 in my hand yesterday and the design of DTEK60 knocks it out of the park compared to PRIV. No wobbly creaky backcover, beautyful glass back. Yes it is slippery but almost all phones are these days. DTEK60 just feels much more premium. But I really missed the slider and the PKB so ill stick with my PRIV for the coming years.
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    12-12-16 06:49 AM
    I think I'd miss the hdmi out which if I understand correctly is not available on the DTEK60. I do know I still like the form factor of my z30 vs my Priv so I'm pretty sure I'd like the form factor of the dtek.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 09:50 PM
    So it's worth the upgrade? Significantly smoother, longer battery and faster?

So tempted to buy.
    12-12-16 10:10 PM
    Welcome to TEAM DTEK!
    12-13-16 10:52 AM
    I wasn't using the PKB on the PRIV, which I found atrocious, so I decided to buy the DTEK 60. Very happy so far!
    I bought a Ukarbon skin to help with the slipperiness. Makes a big difference. See the other thread on this forum.
    12-13-16 10:58 AM
    I think I'd miss the hdmi out which if I understand correctly is not available on the DTEK60. I do know I still like the form factor of my z30 vs my Priv so I'm pretty sure I'd like the form factor of the dtek.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if the HDMI out is included on the Priv, either, though truthfully I didn't test it while I had one myself. Not missing it since putting down my Z30 though (really haven't a need to use it).

So tempted to buy.
    Depends on what you're looking for, but if you can do without the physical keyboard then definitely worth it!
    Last edited by 00stryder; 12-13-16 at 01:35 PM.
    12-13-16 11:24 AM
    Not sure if the HDMI out is included on the Priv, either, though truthfully I didn't test it while I had one myself. Not missing it since putting down my Z30 though (really have a need to use it).

Depends on what you're looking for, but if you can do without the physical keyboard then definitely worth it!
    The Priv supports hdmi out using a Slimport adaptor.
    00stryder likes this.
    12-13-16 11:34 AM
    I had the Priv too, which was a great innovative device with pkb and great rear camera. However, The DTEK60 has a great build and great camera too. I agree that the back is a bit slippery, however a BlackBerry or Incipio case solves that!
    12-13-16 11:40 AM
    I love my PRIV and I love the PKB. But I held a DTEK60 in my hand yesterday and the design of DTEK60 knocks it out of the park compared to PRIV. No wobbly creaky backcover, beautyful glass back. Yes it is slippery but almost all phones are these days. DTEK60 just feels much more premium. But I really missed the slider and the PKB so ill stick with my PRIV for the coming years.
    I had the Priv too, and it's a great phone. Note that the "creak" is really due to the innovative design; BlackBerry decided to use aerospace materials. Instead of a plastic or rubber back, BlackBerry decided to stretch fibre weave material over a light weight metal frame, much like the wing of an aircraft. In addition, there is the added complexity of the slider pkb. So the "feel" of the Priv is unique due to its unique design.
    12-13-16 11:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have had the Torch 2 9810, the Z30, the Passport SE, the PRIV, and now the Dtek60. All are great devices each in their own right.

I sort of see the Dtek60 as what the Z50 might have been following up from the Z30. I have to say I still miss the 0S10 on the Z30 as well as the original OS10 vkb on the Z30.

The DTEK60, however, is Android and so allows access to tons of apps while retaining the BlackBerry Hub and BlackBerry vkb. The cameras are a huge leap forward from the Z30 as well.
    12-13-16 11:47 AM

So tempted to buy.
    Depends from what you are upgrading! The Dtek60 is well built, fast, light, with great cameras and access to tons of Android apps.
    12-13-16 11:48 AM
    Depends from what you are upgrading! The Dtek60 is well built, fast, light, with great cameras and access to tons of Android apps.
    Priv to DTEK60.

Love the Priv but the studders and battery life disappoint.
    12-13-16 09:13 PM
    I've had my DTEK60 for weeks and the phone is amazing, well made and so so Fast! Love how I can swipe up once and access everything in the Hub in one motion. For the price and specs, nothing compares, best value on Android market for flagship device. Best BlackBerry ever!
    12-14-16 08:53 AM

So tempted to buy.
    Yes
    12-14-16 10:04 AM
    Longer battery life depends on user... smoother and faster it is, no questions... between a newer processor and the extra GB in ram there is a noticeable improvement in performance, including running cooler with the same use...

So tempted to buy.
    12-14-16 10:33 AM
    The battery is 100000% better compared to my priv. When I play bleach on my priv, the battery within a hour+ and heats up to a put my fingers hurt from holding. My dtek60 does none of that, extremely happy.
    12-14-16 11:40 AM
    It runs so cool, it is a bliss compared to Priv
    12-14-16 03:54 PM