Dtek 60 to Samsung S8. Took me a couple of days to customize it with my personal versions of everything. Unbelievably nice and beautiful phone, with far smoother functions in every way versus the dtek 60. I use the Hub, and I use Gboard, the Nova launcher, and Textra, just as I did with the dtek 60.

I love BlackBerry and had used it since the late 1990s. They cannot come close to the S8, at least right now.

All just IMHO.
    08-30-17 09:17 PM
    08-30-17 10:06 PM
    08-31-17 12:44 PM
    I can't find this thread. But every month a new phone comes on the market and usually better than previously. Never ending, and fun too. But expensive. What disturbs me most I think is BlackBerry 's lack of commitment to enable even recent phones to be kept current in software. It's a long an unfortunate legacy. All android faces a similar problem, but BlackBerry should know better.
    09-03-17 10:49 AM
    So you can buy a different phone but download all the Hub and BlackBerry apps etc. I don't encrypt my phone so what am I losing by leaving BlackBerry?
    09-03-17 12:01 PM
    So you can buy a different phone but download all the Hub and BlackBerry apps etc. I don't encrypt my phone so what am I losing by leaving BlackBerry?
    What other phone other than iPhone gets its software updated regularly?
    09-03-17 12:59 PM
    What other phone other than iPhone gets its software updated regularly?
    Pixel?
    dangerousfen and gquan14 like this.
    09-03-17 01:14 PM
    If you're not concerned about the security aspect, and/or a pkb, then nothing.
    09-03-17 01:20 PM
    Pixel?
    Ok true....I give you that one, but only that one. My point is that BlackBerry does not have a good record, security patches aside. As hardware has matured, software updates are important.
    09-03-17 01:25 PM
    Thank you. However I've owned nearly every BlackBerry. I now have the DTEK60 - an excellent phone - but which gets security updates every other month at best and it seems won't get Nougat let alone Oreo. So I don't know why I shouldn't jump ship for a broader range of hardware elsewhere with regular software updates.
    09-03-17 02:17 PM
    Thank you. However I've owned nearly every BlackBerry. I now have the DTEK60 - an excellent phone - but which gets security updates every other month at best and it seems won't get Nougat let alone Oreo. So I don't know why I shouldn't jump ship for a broader range of hardware elsewhere with regular software updates.
    That's exactly the point. Not to mention that a number of phones are far superior, in every way, and it is absolutely noticeable in routine use. The S8 literally kicks the *** of the dtek 60. And yes I still use the Hub and it's perfectly functional.
    09-03-17 11:34 PM
    I would hope for the difference in price that the S8 would out perform the Dtek 60.
    09-05-17 10:00 PM
    big price difference between S8 & DTEK60...
    09-08-17 05:43 AM
    I would hope for the difference in price that the S8 would out perform the Dtek 60.
    Your hope is verified. In a huge way. Btw the dtek 60 is the top of the line BlackBerry. Regardless of price.
    09-09-17 09:24 PM
    If you're not concerned about the security aspect, and/or a pkb, then nothing.
    Don't forget to add on a non blackberry device you will be paying monthy for those features.
    09-11-17 08:59 AM