Anyone else had a problem with their device when they play back a video or something in chrome and there is a really loud static/high pitched noise, even when the volume is set to minimum?

Initially I just thought it was a bad/corrupt video, but it's happening more and more. Only noticed it through videos in the Web browser - headphones or speaker, same result.
    Alphaomegagame likes this.
    10-24-17 11:52 AM
    Anyone else had a problem with their device when they play back a video or something in chrome and there is a really loud static/high pitched noise, even when the volume is set to minimum?

Initially I just thought it was a bad/corrupt video, but it's happening more and more. Only noticed it through videos in the Web browser - headphones or speaker, same result.
    I am having this same issue. It happens all the ******* time on my Facebook videos and frankly is getting beyond irritating.
    12-04-17 07:50 PM
    Also this is on my BlackBerry Keyone
    12-04-17 07:52 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue.. it is worrying that you're on a KeyOne though.

I've tried searching for it online but it's hard to describe, and I don't see any matches.

It's like mp3 corruption, but less random, always high pitched and always very loud in volume.

Facebook (web) from what I've seen has the most problems. I don't recall having the same issue with any YouTube videos.
    12-05-17 02:34 AM
    Sounds to me like a browser issue (and thus completely outside of BlackBerry's control); it wouldn't be the first time Google has screwed the pooch, and likely won't be the last.

Note that this may well be someone's attempt to hack via embedded bad things too; Mediaserver "problems" are some of the most-prevalent in Android....
    12-05-17 07:33 AM
    I doubt this is just a browser issue. The phone itself is having some sort of trouble with the encoding. you can have the volume to the minimum setting and it makes a maximum volume buzzing sound. Most likely it's a hardware or OS issue or else other people would be reporting it.
    02-01-18 04:34 PM