07-01-17 08:41 AM
27 12
tools
    Anyone who has dtek60 from the week of launch or say more than 6 months would like to share his thoughts about the phone? Basically everyone likes their new phone and can't stop boasting about it, but it's only after few months can one tell how good the product is or what are the cons about it.

Now I've heard that the phone's built quality is excellent , the screen, the speakers everything is superb but then again I have heard about few lags, heating problems, led problems or lock problems to name a few.

So the real question is, should I buy one? And sorry to disappoint a few of you but I don't need pkb so no Keyone for me
    Which also reminds me is the vkb on 60 as good as Z30?

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 08:40 AM
    One of the best phones for me so far.
    Like you said - built quality, sound is just superb, display quality and screen over sun is really awesome, native shortcuts as scroll from button or dedicated key, secure on top of everything, etc.
    The only thing, and I hope it's not true, will probably not getting Nougat.
    06-10-17 11:06 AM
    I had a few issues with touchscreen responsiveness. Had to get the unit replaced. it does get warm when charging and quite hot when playing some games but that is to be expected. screen quality is awesome
    06-10-17 11:15 AM
    Dtek60 is a bargain, great phone , brilliant screen, build, and very fast , no lag
    only down ...battery life not as good as KEYone
    06-10-17 11:54 AM
    I bought my dtek60 on release. This device is likely how BlackBerry will be remembered - with positive attributes - when it comes to the BlackBerry Android Alliance.

Out of the box this device has great battery performance. With slightly better power consumption than my Galaxy S7, it feels really good in the hand, and it is buttery smooth. "Heat" has never been an issue for my device. I can use this device for 10-12 hours for texting and emails and have 40% remaining, and the screen responds with surgical /latex gloves, no problem. That was an added bonus for me.

I'm glad I was able to get one before the well ran dry. I'm super glad I didn't purchase a KeyOne. I go to my Q10 when I get nostalgic for a pkb.

edit: the build quality seems to be sturdy and the profile is thin, and light. All buttons have excellent tactile feedback. As stated above the screen responds better than expectations.
    06-10-17 12:55 PM
    Waiting for mine to arrive next week. will check back here after I've used it a while. I was hoping the price would come down more, but was afraid I wouldn't get one if I waited too long.

BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    06-10-17 02:23 PM
    I think that this device is the best I ever had. I think the problem is the software. I hope the near update. The phone is very good. Yes, could be better if would came with larger battery, but in my point of view, this problem should be fixed with android 7.1.
    06-10-17 07:43 PM
    I bought mine on the 6th of January with a 200GB micro sd card. So far it is a decent phone.
    The scratch resistance is not that good at the edges of my device, but that is nothing to worry about. An additional sleeve is enough to keep it safe from additional scratching.
    The battery lasts 2 days for me. It got hot once when the device was charged in an overheated tent by a power bank.
    The noise cancellation is awesome.
    The mobile connection is very good, other phones showed no signals in the same regions where I can continue my calls with the DTEK60. A few times the call quality drops to a low quality because the phone switches to 3G. It might be a problem introduced by my local carrier.
    Sometimes the browser app is laggy for a few seconds and I don't know why.
    At first I thought it was way too big, but now I like it.
    The others told the rest already
    06-11-17 08:20 AM
    I got mine last week but the delivered device had a fault in that the volume rocker was loose, so the phoned rattled when moved and also when typing... there is another post on CBK about it, but as per that post I had the whole unit replaced and my new one is not displaying the volume issue at all, yes there is slight movement but I guess there has to be for the button to work, but defo no rattling noise.

They offered me a chance of the Keyone when I returned my DTEK60, but in the short time I used the D60 I was very impressed... I had a passport previous, then a DTEK50 (which I gave to my girlfriend) and I have to say the quality of the D60 is up there with the Passport, sturdy, durable with a top screen, finger print sensor which is quick, great camera and in terms of the battery life I tend to get 1.5 days out of it with moderate use.

I think the Hub is 90% there when compared to BB10 OS version, which in my opinion is good enough, the productivity tab is really helpful as is the convience key... however the best function, which I didnt know about until I got the phone, is the swipe motion to open certain tasks... so I have phone, camera, tasks setup via the swipe keys, hub via conv key and calendar / contacts via the prod key... so I dont need those apps on my screen, so about 12 apps that normally would need a shortcut on the screen can be removed, really does reduce the clutter and for me means I have one page, rather than page after page of apps.

Just out of curiosity has anyone had a problem with the volume rocker longer term?

Also although I have not used a K1 from what I have seen I think the D60 is a better phone, although yes its a different type of phone... just amazed BB didnt push this more, when I went back to CPW where I got my phone they said they had about 620 still in UK stock.
    06-11-17 08:41 AM
    Everything is great about this phone. Built quality, overall performance. Initially I had some lag issues when I had many apps open in background. Though it vanished somehow I don't even remember it. Only thing is you need to protect it with case cover else you gonna repent later. Camera lenses might have minor scratch which are only visible if you slightly tilt it. Battery should have been bigger as I only get half day backup on 4G LTE with moderate usage. With 2G, it's about 30% at end of the day. QC is the only reason which keeps me going.
    06-11-17 11:06 AM
    Personally, I would buy one if I could. I prioritize physical keyboard devices, so I got my KEYone first. If I can, I will order a DTEK60 just to have a high end slab on hand for drone piloting. BlackBerry PRIV works good enough for that, but I would like an all touch with 4GBs of RAM.
    06-13-17 12:40 AM
    I have had it since the intro. I would say that the phone is really a great device in all respects except for two: 1) the word prediction on the vkb very frequently results in maddening gibberish - I have finally realized that it's most common cause is the spacebar word insertion; and 2) the battery isn't great, but I get around that by plugging it in while in my car, in my office, and by carrying around a large external battery in my briefcase so I can plug it in while traveling, particularly outside the US on business.

The device is superbly constructed and blows away both the Priv and the KEYone in terms of quality. The Dtek60 is truly a flagship phone.
    06-18-17 09:09 AM
    I would recommend this phone. I have had mine since Nov of 2016. I have not had any issues of concern. Coming from a Z30, I had a bit of a learning curve transitioning to BB Android, but I am enjoying my phone. Zero issues with heating, lag, or battery (but I avoid power - sucking apps). I would HIGHLY recommend the Incipio Duel Pro case. The glass back and camera bubble require it. I have noticed that the screen is more prone to scratching however, so I am a bit more careful with the screen than I was with my Z30. Some of the BlackBerry apps have a few bugs... But the overall experience has been very positive. The phone is fast. Perfect for work, communication and entertainment.
    06-18-17 09:20 AM
    I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say this and the iPhone SE represent the best of mid-range handsets.

Of course if you're having hardware issues that's going to shape your views. I was getting poor battery life in Feb, turned off auto-updates after a suggestion on here which Android is doing all the time, it's got back to decent levels. The phone has a balanced set of features and an average camera. Just as well I don't take lots of pics.
    06-20-17 08:47 PM
    Thank you guys you all. Really made up my mind for 60 and have ordered one.
    Super excited

Posted via CB10
    06-20-17 11:25 PM
    Thank you guys you all. Really made up my mind for 60 and have ordered one.
    Super excited

Posted via CB10
    Btw I have resolved the vkb issue by switching to Gboard and eliminating the BlackBerry keyboard. Super happy.
    06-21-17 12:02 AM
    I am sorry but what's the issue?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 04:27 AM
    Btw I have resolved the vkb issue by switching to Gboard and eliminating the BlackBerry keyboard. Super happy.
    I am surprised that you have switched I love the BB keyboard, it works great for me... except the flick type aspect but thats down to me not the software.
    06-21-17 04:48 AM
    I am sorry but what's the issue?

Posted via CB10
    I had maddening word substitutions with the BlackBerry keyboard. Now i have more accurate typing along with far more customizable features. I think it is way better than the BlackBerry keyboard, but that's my opinion only.
    06-21-17 12:45 PM
    Well I have been using z30 from past three years and I think there is no better keyboard than BlackBerry itself. But then again we all have our own preferences

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 01:13 PM
    Well I have been using z30 from past three years and I think there is no better keyboard than BlackBerry itself. But then again we all have our own preferences

Posted via CB10
    But you've been unable to try Gboard to directly compare, on the same device, since you're not using an Android device. And that's the massive advantage of the Android BlackBerry devices. Choices. Customizable.
    06-21-17 04:17 PM
    Maybe I will try one then

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 12:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Same here

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 02:32 PM
    I have had mine since Oct 2016. Love my phone and think it has been the best I have had to date. I came from a Priv, and before that a z30.

The biggest drawback to the phone is the lack of RGB notification. I was one of those that liked to colour code my notifications. ie green for whatsapp, red for texts etc. I especially miss the disco notification when my phone would ring back on my z30.

However the above weren't show stoppers. But it would be nice to get that functionality back.

Hardware is great and I like the form. the phone can take a real pounding. call quality , volume etc is awesome.

battery life is about 14 to 16 hours a day with 20% left at the end of the day. however I do work it. up at 6 am and usually to midnight. I am using Bluetooth, gps and leave it on 3g/4g only.

Camera could be better. Photos are ok. disappointing compared to an iPhone 7 or 8 though.

Would definitely recommend.
    06-22-17 06:51 PM
    I have had mine since Oct 2016. Love my phone and think it has been the best I have had to date. I came from a Priv, and before that a z30.

The biggest drawback to the phone is the lack of RGB notification. I was one of those that liked to colour code my notifications. ie green for whatsapp, red for texts etc. I especially miss the disco notification when my phone would ring back on my z30.

However the above weren't show stoppers. But it would be nice to get that functionality back.

Hardware is great and I like the form. the phone can take a real pounding. call quality , volume etc is awesome.

battery life is about 14 to 16 hours a day with 20% left at the end of the day. however I do work it. up at 6 am and usually to midnight. I am using Bluetooth, gps and leave it on 3g/4g only.

Camera could be better. Photos are ok. disappointing compared to an iPhone 7 or 8 though.

Would definitely recommend.
    I agree, I miss the RGB notifications and I also agree that the BlackBerry camera is not as good as the iPhone (but I will never ever buy an iPhone!).
    06-23-17 12:56 AM
27 12