So CIBC banking app no longer uses the finger print scanner to log in. Doesn't even let me enable it.
    This happened as of 2 updates ago. I'm curious to know if anyone else using the same app has noticed the same things or if they are using different banking app that used the fingerprint scanner, if it's still functional..
    On the August patch, unlocked Dtek60 on Virgin Mobile in Canada.
    Thx
    10-04-17 11:59 PM
    Banking and other financial apps change their security posture all the time. Fingerprints are convenient, but whether they're sufficiently secure is another matter entirely....
    10-05-17 07:36 AM
    I encountered the same problem with ABN AMRO in the Netherlands. As I work there, I asked around. The type of fingerprint scanner that is on the DTEK60 is not supported anymore. Have no clue if it has to do with numbers, age or security or a combination of those.
    10-05-17 02:56 PM
    My bank allows fingerprint login still.
    10-05-17 03:39 PM
    So do several financial apps on my DTEK60.
    10-05-17 04:02 PM
    Three mobile apps from banks in Singapore continue to allow logging in with DTEK60's fingerprint scanner
    10-05-17 09:19 PM
    The RBC app still allows the use of the fingerprint scanner to login. The PC Financial app (I am guessing similar back end to CIBC) does not for the past two or so months. It seems to be a case by case basis for each financial institution.
    ahs71Z30 likes this.
    10-06-17 12:03 AM
    So CIBC banking app no longer uses the finger print scanner to log in. Doesn't even let me enable it.
    This happened as of 2 updates ago. I'm curious to know if anyone else using the same app has noticed the same things or if they are using different banking app that used the fingerprint scanner, if it's still functional..
    On the August patch, unlocked Dtek60 on Virgin Mobile in Canada.
    Thx
    Really? Which version of the CIBC are you on? I'm able to use finger print. Did you happen to change or add a finger to you device? If so, it renders the original you had in the App useless if that happens. You may have to uninstal and then reinstall the CIBC App.
    10-06-17 12:13 AM
    Ver 7.2.8. I deleted my fingerprints, deleted the app, reinstalled the app, redid the fingerprints, still the same result.
    Attached Thumbnails login in to banking app with fingerprint scanner-62720.jpg  
    10-06-17 12:36 AM
    Ver 7.2.8. I deleted my fingerprints, deleted the app, reinstalled the app, redid the fingerprints, still the same result.
    I just tried to set it up on my DTEK60 with same Version CIBC app 7.2.8(Latest) on Telus network with latest Sept 5 android security patch.
    I'm getting the same message as you.
    I'm not sure if it worked before on mine because I never set-up fingerprint on CIBC previously.
    10-06-17 09:03 AM
    There are couple large banks that now support this on iOS only. It comes down to measuring the fraud rates and then deciding where you want to accept the risk.
    10-06-17 09:17 AM
    The amusing part is that some institutions (Discover-cough-cough!) require a PIN (short, digits only!) to be set up FIRST, and then overlay fingerprint on that.

Well, a 4-digit pin is LESS secure than a fingerprint. By a lot. Now that's dumb.

Some others have allowed fingerprint on Android, then pulled it -- but most that pulled it have left the 4-digit PIN option active!
    10-06-17 02:46 PM
    So odd. I'm on the same version of the CIBC app on my KEYone and finger print works just fine. I wonder if contacting CIBC though the app store might help as maybe they need to allow devices to utilize it and the DTEK60 may not be on their radar?
    10-10-17 05:49 PM
    So odd. I'm on the same version of the CIBC app on my KEYone and finger print works just fine. I wonder if contacting CIBC though the app store might help as maybe they need to allow devices to utilize it and the DTEK60 may not be on their radar?
    10-10-17 05:49 PM
    The RBC app still allows the use of the fingerprint scanner to login. The PC Financial app (I am guessing similar back end to CIBC) does not for the past two or so months. It seems to be a case by case basis for each financial institution.
    I updated my RBC app today. And although I enable my fingerprint scanner to log in. The option isn't there when I log in so I have to key in password
    10-11-17 04:18 AM
    I updated my RBC app today. And although I enable my fingerprint scanner to log in. The option isn't there when I log in so I have to key in password
    That is odd. I just tried the RBC app now (I have the latest version installed) and the fingerprint login worked without a problem. I would try uninstalling the RBC app and reinstalling it. If that does not work get in touch with tech support from RBC. The RBC app listing in the Play Store has a section at the very bottom to "Send email" to the developer.

I have Password Keeper setup to use the fingerprint login and for the PC Financial app (since they disabled fingerprint login) I now use Password Keeper to signin. Doing that adds an extra four steps (open Password Keeper, find the password, copy the password, and paste the password into the app) which I am not happy about, but it works.

EDIT: I just noticed that when I open the RBC app the password field is blank. Once the RBC app finishes loading just put your finger on the fingerprint scanner and if it is properly setup it should log into the app automatically. There should be a finger print icon at the very bottom of the screen if you have the RBC app setup to login with your fingerprint.
    10-11-17 06:47 PM
    I noticed the same thing after 2 previous updates as well. I have the Pc Financial App and get the exact same message. It appears CIBC and PC no longer support blackberry's fingerprint ID software.
    10-24-17 03:44 PM
    well, I just downloaded an update to the CIBC banking app today (Nov 1) and looks like they've completely removed any support for finger print scanners in the app. I guess I'm ok with that that they are not picking on the DTEK 60.
    11-01-17 06:17 PM
    I had that issue with Caisse Populaire. It was working fine then they updated the app and it stopped working. I contacted them and after a week or so of testing they replied that the app would no longer support finger print scanner for BB devices😠
    11-02-17 01:13 PM
    That is odd. I just tried the RBC app now (I have the latest version installed) and the fingerprint login worked without a problem. I would try uninstalling the RBC app and reinstalling it. If that does not work get in touch with tech support from RBC. The RBC app listing in the Play Store has a section at the very bottom to "Send email" to the developer.

I have Password Keeper setup to use the fingerprint login and for the PC Financial app (since they disabled fingerprint login) I now use Password Keeper to signin. Doing that adds an extra four steps (open Password Keeper, find the password, copy the password, and paste the password into the app) which I am not happy about, but it works.

EDIT: I just noticed that when I open the RBC app the password field is blank. Once the RBC app finishes loading just put your finger on the fingerprint scanner and if it is properly setup it should log into the app automatically. There should be a finger print icon at the very bottom of the screen if you have the RBC app setup to login with your fingerprint.
    You don't need all those steps to use password keeper for a password. Click the password icon above the keyboard after clicking the password. Then put your finger print on the scanner and you should just be able to click the word that shows up for whatever ap you have programmed it for.
    11-03-17 10:48 PM
    You don't need all those steps to use password keeper for a password. Click the password icon above the keyboard after clicking the password. Then put your finger print on the scanner and you should just be able to click the word that shows up for whatever ap you have programmed it for.
    🙄 sigh.....how long has that been there? Kinda makes the omission pointless now doesn't it? since there is another convenient way to login in to sites/ applications that require a password.

One of these days I will learn the features of all the apps on my phone.....just not today.
    11-04-17 01:38 AM

Good suggestion. I deleted and reinstalled and all God now. 👍😀
    11-04-17 02:47 PM