Does helium or any other equivalent app work for the dtek 60?

I'd like to locally backup everything on my priv and then transfer it to the dtek60 when it arrives.

Also is there anything which allows me to sync backups over WiFi like on iTunes and Blackberry link?
    10-30-16 07:39 AM
    I know airdroid allows file copies over wifi, but I do not know how good it would be as a backup tool. You might want to look at it.
    10-30-16 09:05 AM
    Does helium or any other equivalent app work for the dtek 60?

I'd like to locally backup everything on my priv and then transfer it to the dtek60 when it arrives.

Also is there anything which allows me to sync backups over WiFi like on iTunes and Blackberry link?
    I'm surprised at how little interest there is on this.
    11-09-16 10:36 PM
    I'm surprised at how little interest there is on this.
    I am too. I much prefer local over cloud. It is one of the reasons I have stayed with Blackberry. I have considered iPhones since you can still easily sync locally, but iPhone doesn't really work well for my email needs, specifically the odd files I often need to get via email, or send via email, files for which there are no apps. I really do not care for iOS anyway, I use it for work on an iPod Touch.

That leaves me possibly going for Android, but I hate Google tracking and the cloud. I am getting to the point where I may go for one of the Blackberry Android phones, but want a local sync option ideally, and would like to be able to back it up locally as well. I am often in a place with no signal, or very slow signal, in the middle of an ocean, and local backups can save the day if something crashes there.

It is sad that everyone so readily accepts cloud based sync options. I much prefer local. I used to sync my older Blackberries via bluetooth. It was easy, quick, and effective. It was also much more secure. All my information was on my devices, not anyone else's.

I will most likely end up with a Dtek 60 at some point, since Blackberry doesn't seem to want to update Link now. The current version isn't compatible with the newest version of OSX.
    11-10-16 04:22 PM
    In theory you can back up an Android device using ADB.

I have not yet tried it on the DTEK or the Priv, but it SHOULD work.

How to Backup Your Entire Android Device to PC

Note that you need a reasonably-current "adb"
    11-10-16 04:37 PM
    You might want to try SyncMate if you have a Mac.

http://www.sync-mac.com
    11-10-16 05:58 PM
    Local backup using ADB does work. I am running one right now; no problem connecting and giving the command for it; it's running....

I have no idea how long it will take to finish, but I suspect it may be a while...

Update: "adb backup -all -nosystem" works. (You have to exclude the /system partition without root.) If you do not back up the APKs then it's pretty fast. If you DO include them it takes a lot longer (since there's a lot more to copy.) You may also want the "-shared" flag (to get local ringtones and similar.)
    Last edited by tickerguy; 11-11-16 at 10:49 AM.
    The Big Picture and BCITMike like this.
    11-10-16 11:17 PM
    Local backup using ADB does work. I am running one right now; no problem connecting and giving the command for it; it's running....

I have no idea how long it will take to finish, but I suspect it may be a while...

Update: "adb backup -all -nosystem" works. (You have to exclude the /system partition without root.) If you do not back up the APKs then it's pretty fast. If you DO include them it takes a lot longer (since there's a lot more to copy.) You may also want the "-shared" flag (to get local ringtones and similar.)
    Thanks man that really helps. I'm gonna try tonight
    12-02-16 12:17 AM
    I use "MY BACK UP PRO"
    12-02-16 05:55 AM