So my DTEK60 is becoming a tremendous pain with the poor battery life and random shutdowns when in moderate to heavy use (battery suddenly goes to 0 and enters a never-ending power down cycle, even when battery was as high as 65%).

I'm looking into the Android One phones, as my budget is $300USD or less. The Nokia 7.1 looks like a decent option.

I dome want a phone that is larger than the DTEK60. I'm not watching movies, so there is no reason to carry a *tablet* around.

My boss has offered to buy me a refurbished iPhone 7. I've never owned an iPhone and I haven't really liked them when I used them briefly.

How would it compare to one of the Android One phones?
    07-11-19 09:08 AM
    Well if you boss is buying the iPhone 7... for free I'd think you'd be able to get use to it.

A lot really depends on where you are... and what phones will fully work on your network.
    07-11-19 09:37 AM
    How is a new/late-2018 Android going to compare in performance and durability to a refurbished/2016(?) iPhone?

I'm currently with AT&T as it has the best overall coverage in my area and where I work. Looking into switching to an AT&T MVNO to save money.
    07-11-19 10:21 AM
    [QUOTE=jfaught;13415662]How is a new/late-2018 Android going to compare in performance and durability to a refurbished/2016(?) iPhone?

I'm just saying if it free.....

You'll want to check with that AT&T MVNO and see what devices they allow... I like what Nokia has been doing, and think that the Android One program is great.
    07-11-19 02:53 PM
    Xiaomi Mi 9 128GB is a killer phone! ditched my DTEK60 after battery drain. using my Mi 9 in the same way and hammering as my BlackBerry only uses 40% battery in 10 hours. the DTEK60 would be nearer 80%. A MI 9 128GB in the UK can be had, genuine UK stock, for £450. Dual SiM and two separate work / partitions so two phones in one and constant updates from Xiaomi!
    08-05-19 01:10 PM
    How is a new/late-2018 Android going to compare in performance and durability to a refurbished/2016(?) iPhone?

I'm currently with AT&T as it has the best overall coverage in my area and where I work. Looking into switching to an AT&T MVNO to save money.
    Also important when using an MVNO or even direct with AT&T.... do you need advance calling features, as those are mostly reserved for carrier sold phones.
    08-05-19 01:15 PM
    If your boss will simply buy you a phone, you may just want to go down that road.

The Dtek60 is a terrible phone that is plagued with problems. I had to abandon BB after my Dtek60 couldn't function anymore. It was a $400 phone back when I bought it in 2017. Yikes!

Anyway, for a cheap phone that is no bigger than the Dtek60, the Pixel 3a has proven to be quite good. Very similar to the Dtek60. Lower pixel density than the Dtek60 but the camera is just amazing.
    08-23-19 03:48 PM