So my DTEK60 is becoming a tremendous pain with the poor battery life and random shutdowns when in moderate to heavy use (battery suddenly goes to 0 and enters a never-ending power down cycle, even when battery was as high as 65%).

I'm looking into the Android One phones, as my budget is $300USD or less. The Nokia 7.1 looks like a decent option.

I dome want a phone that is larger than the DTEK60. I'm not watching movies, so there is no reason to carry a *tablet* around.

My boss has offered to buy me a refurbished iPhone 7. I've never owned an iPhone and I haven't really liked them when I used them briefly.

How would it compare to one of the Android One phones?
    07-11-19 09:08 AM
    Well if you boss is buying the iPhone 7... for free I'd think you'd be able to get use to it.

A lot really depends on where you are... and what phones will fully work on your network.
    07-11-19 09:37 AM
    How is a new/late-2018 Android going to compare in performance and durability to a refurbished/2016(?) iPhone?

I'm currently with AT&T as it has the best overall coverage in my area and where I work. Looking into switching to an AT&T MVNO to save money.
    07-11-19 10:21 AM
    [QUOTE=jfaught;13415662]How is a new/late-2018 Android going to compare in performance and durability to a refurbished/2016(?) iPhone?

I'm just saying if it free.....

You'll want to check with that AT&T MVNO and see what devices they allow... I like what Nokia has been doing, and think that the Android One program is great.
    07-11-19 02:53 PM