So far the change to external has made a positive difference!
    Atta boy.....on another note, whenever i see one of your posts, the Benny HIll Show Theme Song echoes in my skull.
    Last edited by Centerman66; 11-22-16 at 06:24 PM.
    11-22-16 02:53 PM
    Atta boy.....on another note, whenever i see one of your posts, the Benny HIll Show Theme Songs echoes in my skull.
    Ahhhh yeah.
    11-22-16 02:56 PM
    I'm one week into using a DTEK60 and have experienced a fair bit of lag even in swiping from one screen to another. The device hangs with a white screen when opening some apps and freezes. Wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue and if so would like to hear from you. If there isn't a fix then this unit is going back. Coming from a Q10 device I am really surprised that a device with a Snapdragon 820 is this laggy.

Vibration. I have turned off vibration throughout the device including individual apps but am still getting a vibration tone which I think is coming from Gmail notifications - even though I have turned those off. Any help with this would also be appreciated.

Battery life has been okay with some 15 - 20% by the end of a day of normal use, which doesn't include gaming, videos or social media with the exception of WhatsApp messaging. Waiting for what I have read is for the battery to "settle in" but not really sure what that means.

I ve had my DTEK60 for about two weeks now and at first the phone seemed pretty good. Now I'm noticing considerable lagging when switching between apps like accessing the hub or trying to play a video from my SD card. Totally stops responding and so far get a system ui not responding. And get this just a week into my new phone I try playing a youtube video thru Google Chrome and the browser stopped responding. Finally when it started responding again I tried again and same bs. So I tried the youtube video and just as bad. Could play the same video as it wasn't responding! I was like wow ok let's try Firefox. Installed it and it worked. Man does Android suck. Just earlier today I'm trying to play a video and go back it's not responding. Try the back button and nothing so I try the home button and nothing. System blackouts or something and now I'm back at the home screen showing all my apps but the wall paper is black, no time, signal, battery and etc showing. So I do restart.

Since this phone has newer hardware way better processor and more ram than my z30 I would expect this phone running much smoother especially with no lagging system not responding this earlier of having the phone. Never had this problem on day 1 or day 20 with my z10 when it was first released or when I upgraded to my z30 back in February of 2014!
    11-23-16 07:46 AM
    I ve had my DTEK60 for about two weeks now and at first the phone seemed pretty good. Now I'm noticing considerable lagging when switching between apps like accessing the hub or trying to play a video from my SD card. Totally stops responding and so far get a system ui not responding. And get this just a week into my new phone I try playing a youtube video thru Google Chrome and the browser stopped responding. Finally when it started responding again I tried again and same bs. So I tried the youtube video and just as bad. Could play the same video as it wasn't responding! I was like wow ok let's try Firefox. Installed it and it worked. Man does Android suck. Just earlier today I'm trying to play a video and go back it's not responding. Try the back button and nothing so I try the home button and nothing. System blackouts or something and now I'm back at the home screen showing all my apps but the wall paper is black, no time, signal, battery and etc showing. So I do restart.

Since this phone has newer hardware way better processor and more ram than my z30 I would expect this phone running much smoother especially with no lagging system not responding this earlier of having the phone. Never had this problem on day 1 or day 20 with my z10 when it was first released or when I upgraded to my z30 back in February of 2014!
    What else do you have running the background? Battery saver or cleaner apps?
    11-23-16 08:30 AM

read what i've written about internal/adoptable memory.
    Do you have an SD card in the phone? if so, is it formatted as external/removable, or internal/adoptable?
    11-23-16 09:40 AM
    What else do you have running the background? Battery saver or cleaner apps?
    I actually don't have any background apps like the battery saver or cleaner apps.
    11-23-16 10:43 AM
    read what i've written about internal/adoptable memory.
    Do you have an SD card in the phone? if so, is it formatted as external/removable, or internal/adoptable?
    It's formatted as external /removable /portable storage.

Definitely not formatted as internal /adoptable storage.

I remember when I was trying to decide which one and reading up and deciding to just format as external.
    11-23-16 10:46 AM
    I recently was getting lag and sluggish behavior. I cleared the cache and restarted the phone and that seems to have taken care of it. I also closed all the apps that was open after clearing the cache

How do we clear the cache on the dtek 60.

Thanks
    11-23-16 10:53 AM
    You need to clear both systems and apps cache. To clear systems cache go to Settings, Storage &USB, Internal Storage, Cached Data and then clear. For each of the Apps you need to go to the App Manager and select each App individually and then clear the cache.
    11-23-16 04:16 PM
    bring up the device monitor and see how much ram you are using. Do you have facebook messenger with full persmissions? There are lots of things that can cause any phone to do this. Also, the DTEK app is good for finding the apps behaving badly. go there and if you see snapchat (this is and example) accessing your location 8000 times in an hour, then that is probably part of the problem.

Android is as good as its user. bb10 was great becuase it had no apps so it could run smooth. Android is like windows. extremely flexible and you have to turn on/off what you don't want or need running.

I hope that helps.
    liquidneon likes this.
    11-23-16 04:58 PM
    bring up the device monitor and see how much ram you are using. Do you have facebook messenger with full persmissions? There are lots of things that can cause any phone to do this. Also, the DTEK app is good for finding the apps behaving badly. go there and if you see snapchat (this is and example) accessing your location 8000 times in an hour, then that is probably part of the problem.

Android is as good as its user. bb10 was great becuase it had no apps so it could run smooth. Android is like windows. extremely flexible and you have to turn on/off what you don't want or need running.

I hope that helps.
    well said
    11-24-16 07:36 AM
    Sorry, if one has to constantly clean apps/system to make it run good.
    It is not good system
    11-24-16 08:41 AM
    It is not good system
    Both my 11 month old priv and nearly 1 month old DTEK60 run like the day I opened their respective boxes with little maintenance on my part. I've never cleared any caches nor do I use cleaning/optimization apps.
    Last edited by Centerman66; 11-24-16 at 10:00 AM.
    Uzi likes this.
    11-24-16 09:31 AM
    It is not good system
    I had a similar issue for a couple days uninstalled some apps and rebooted, seems to have fixed the issue. Its most certainly a badly coded app.
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 11-24-16 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate language
    11-24-16 09:52 AM
    You need to clear both systems and apps cache. To clear systems cache go to Settings, Storage &USB, Internal Storage, Cached Data and then clear. For each of the Apps you need to go to the App Manager and select each App individually and then clear the cache.
    This step already clears app cache, no need to do them all individually. Normal Android devices have a way to clear the system cache before boot but this is disabled with BlackBerry Android devices.

It is not good system
    Looking back over the past few years of posts on this site, I'd hazard a guess that your inference that BB10 doesn't have issues would be false.
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 11-24-16 at 08:37 PM.
    liquidneon likes this.
    11-24-16 04:36 PM
    Anyone have proximity sensor issues ?
    11-24-16 09:50 PM

Looking back over the past few years of posts on this site, I'd hazard a guess that your inference that BB10 doesn't have issues would be false.
    I was not suggesting that company completely but it sure was better after 10.2. I never had any problem with either Z30 and Passport
    11-24-16 10:59 PM
    what the hell is proximity sensor?! i've never used this...

It is not good system
    i've never cleared anything and it runs great. as someone said, likely an app somewhere which is causing issue.

As said by Kootnikoff "Android is like windows. extremely flexible and you have to turn on/off what you don't want or need running." sums it up quite well
    11-25-16 07:06 AM
    If you are really asking, the proximity sensor is the one at the top of the phone that identifies if you have the phone in your ear, disallowing the screen during a call and avoiding that you accidentally press something meanwhile...

what the hell is proximity sensor?! i've never used this...
    liquidneon likes this.
    11-25-16 07:31 AM
    My wife's Dtek60 seems to have that. The screen sometimes remains on when talking (holding phone against ear) and accidentally hangs up on people. Not sure if this is a hardware defect or if it can be resolved with a firmware update.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 08:07 AM
    If you are really asking, the proximity sensor is the one at the top of the phone that identifies if you have the phone in your ear, disallowing the screen during a call and avoiding that you accidentally press something meanwhile...
    ahhh gotcha. i think i disabled that. thanks.
    11-25-16 08:09 AM
    No problem... now, I don't think you can disable that sensor though, but I could be wrong... I wonder, if you can indeed disable it, why would you want to do that? Just curious...

ahhh gotcha. i think i disabled that. thanks.
    11-25-16 08:22 AM
    There's always the chance of getting a bad unit. Doesn't necessarily reflect on the quality of the phone series as a whole.
    11-25-16 08:34 AM
    No problem... now, I don't think you can disable that sensor though, but I could be wrong... I wonder, if you can indeed disable it, why would you want to do that? Just curious...
    OK maybe I didn't. I thought I did. I usually disable all sensors like that. I hated how they worked with previous phones. Screen rotates when I don't want it to, stays on/off when I don't want it to... i prefer manually hitting the power button and avoiding relying on these sensors. Too many ****-offs.
    11-28-16 06:54 AM
49 12