Is there a way to find out why my DTEK60 is lagging so much? Do I have to download an app to tell me? It gets to the point where "sometimes" it takes 2-3 seconds to respond to a press.

My Bluetooth is eating up a lot of my battery. I have wrote about that in another post recently. Turned off Bluetooth to test and the battery is better but the lag is still there.

I have a weird feeling it is Twitter but Dtek app says Twitter is using minimal resources.

It definitely seems to help to "clear all" active apps every once in a while.

Notifications that build up at the top bar seem to be a bother. Once I have "acknowledged" them it seems to speed up again. Typically twitter is in there.

Any suggestions? Last resort will be to refresh OS
    05-16-17 10:07 PM
    Do you clear your cache daily?
    05-16-17 10:10 PM
    Go to settings, storage, internal, cached data. Once cleared, reboot.
    05-16-17 10:10 PM
    Since I've started clearing cache and then running CCLEANER I don't get lag anymore on my priv's or Dtek50.
    05-16-17 10:11 PM
    I have a weird feeling it is Twitter but Dtek app says Twitter is using minimal resources.
    Instead of relying on DTEK, go to Settings>Memory>Memory used by apps.. that will tell you what is pulling down the most resources. If you see Twitter or any other actual app consuming a high amount, you might want to uninstall and reinstall. Plus, you can take some of the other options provided here such as clearing your caches, etc.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-16-17 10:13 PM
    Here is a screen shot of my cache data settings. I have now cleared it. Will reboot.

I'll update in a bit to acknowledge if this worked.
    Attached Thumbnails Lagging from app?-32170.jpg  
    05-16-17 10:15 PM
    Instead of relying on DTEK, go to Settings>Memory>Memory used by apps.. that will tell you what is pulling down the most resources. If you see Twitter or any other actual app consuming a high amount, you might want to uninstall and reinstall. Plus, you can take some of the other options provided here such as clearing your caches, etc.
    Doesn't seem to be Twitter or any app. See attached screen shot.

Hoping it is just the app data cache that needed to be cleared.
    Attached Thumbnails Lagging from app?-32171.jpg  
    05-16-17 10:18 PM
    Go to settings, storage, internal, cached data. Once cleared, reboot.
    As Conite said' I noticed that if I reboot it seems to make my phone fly, but if I clear cache and forget to reboot it's like I never cleared cache at all. So Rebooting is a must as Conite stated.
    brian4591 likes this.
    05-16-17 10:22 PM
    My DTEC60 is very quick these days but I do clear the rubbish out frequently as you say.
    05-17-17 12:08 PM
    I use to use CCleaner but don't anymore. Not even with Windows. Try without.
    05-17-17 12:28 PM