Decided to complete my BB trifecta and ordered the DTEK60 today. After moving away from BB some years back I came back to the dark side with the Priv, moved to the Passport SE during the whole AT&T "No Service" fiasco, decided against the new KEYone for various reasons, and will instead move to the 60.

Although BB patched the Priv with a "fix" for the aforementioned error, it's never been quite the same. Really disgusted with constant signal drops and low to no network service. While I really like the Priv's ability to let me choose between VKB and PKB, the continued signal issues are very frustrating! The PP SE is rock solid, a stellar device, gets a network signal in places any normal phone wouldn't, and gets lots of attention, but it's time for me to move on to another BB device running Android and relegate the Priv to backup duty.
    05-13-17 01:52 PM
    Welcome aboard! The DTEK60 is great.
    05-13-17 04:40 PM
    Nice! Dtek 60 is a great phone
    05-14-17 01:00 AM
    DTEK60 smokes the Priv but honestly, I had to use the Wife's Priv over my Z30 to get a signal in the boonies, just today.

Not sure what the complaint is about signal on the Priv. Seemed pretty solid, today.
    Al moon likes this.
    05-14-17 02:11 AM
    Not sure what the complaint is about signal on the Priv.
    I certainly wouldn't suggest going through this 45 page thread unless you are REALLY bored and have lots of time, LOL, but it was painful waiting several months for a "solution" from BB/AT&T. --> Thread here

The long and short of the issue was a sudden and wide-spread network connectivity issue on AT&T that affected Priv devices across the entire US. It rendered them useless for some while others seemed to have been spared. Phone would lose signal and not get it back unless/until the phone was rebooted, and only then for a few minutes until signal was lost again. The "fix" from BB/AT&T helped get signal back without the need to reboot, but on my phone in my area, it was never the same. The patch they provided just didn't work too well for me. Since the patch, my Priv has spent most of its time in the bottom of a drawer and I used my Passport SE as a daily driver.

Time to move on to the DTEK60 with fingers crossed that I don't experience the same issue with it that I did with the Priv.
    05-14-17 08:29 AM
    I recently moved from the priv to the Dtek60 after 2yrs with the priv.

I am also on AT&T and the switch was seamless. Just popped in sim card, downloaded the AT&T voice mail app and I was up and running.

Just remember to cancel all the smart lock settings on your priv when you activate new phone on same Google account.

Good Luck
    05-14-17 12:18 PM
    Decided to complete my BB trifecta and ordered the DTEK60 today. After moving away from BB some years back I came back to the dark side with the Priv, moved to the Passport SE during the whole AT&T "No Service" fiasco, decided against the new KEYone for various reasons, and will instead move to the 60.

Although BB patched the Priv with a "fix" for the aforementioned error, it's never been quite the same. Really disgusted with constant signal drops and low to no network service. While I really like the Priv's ability to let me choose between VKB and PKB, the continued signal issues are very frustrating! The PP SE is rock solid, a stellar device, gets a network signal in places any normal phone wouldn't, and gets lots of attention, but it's time for me to move on to another BB device running Android and relegate the Priv to backup duty.
    How is owning the ppse PRIV and dtek60 the BlackBerry trifecta lolll
    05-14-17 01:19 PM
    How is owning the ppse PRIV and dtek60 the BlackBerry trifecta lolll
    Bit of literary license mixed with tongue-in-cheek for referencing the fact that I'll have a collection of three (referring to the prefix tri-) BB devices from which to choose.
    05-14-17 01:31 PM

Hey, I've had all three as well, as well as the Z30.

I still miss the Z30 and the Passport SE. I found OS10 a solid performer, although there was a lack of apps.

The Android PRIV and the DTEK60 solve the app problem.

I love the DTEK60; Big bright display, great battery life, fast processor, great cameras, solid build, and great sound! All at great price!
    baddad61 likes this.
    05-14-17 09:42 PM
    Hey, I've had all three as well, as well as the Z30.

I still miss the Z30 and the Passport SE. I found OS10 a solid performer, although there was a lack of apps.

The Android PRIV and the DTEK60 solve the app problem.

I love the DTEK60; Big bright display, great battery life, fast processor, great cameras, solid build, and great sound! All at great price!
    Have to agree with you. DTEK60 is my new baby and I'm very happy with it.

Amazon has very good pricing as well if anyone is looking to buy. 440USD
    05-15-17 05:34 AM
    Amazon shows it should arrive by Thursday of this week. Along with the phone, I purchased several new USB Type-C cables for home/office/car, along with an Incipio DualPro case.

Transition from my Priv should be quick and easy!
    05-15-17 08:53 AM
    Bit of literary license mixed with tongue-in-cheek for referencing the fact that I'll have a collection of three (referring to the prefix tri-) BB devices from which to choose.
    I think that would be the holy trinity..... :-)

The Father = bbos7
    The Son = BB10
    The holy smokes = BB/A

Welcome to the dtek60...I haven't picked up a keyone but i'll wager the dtek60's legacy will be the most capable BB/A to date.
    Mr23779 likes this.
    05-16-17 09:33 AM
    Amazon shows it should arrive by Thursday of this week. Along with the phone, I purchased several new USB Type-C cables for home/office/car, along with an Incipio DualPro case.

Transition from my Priv should be quick and easy!
    I had no problem transitioning from my PRIV to the Dtek60!
    05-16-17 12:48 PM
    The Priv suffered from a strange quirk when using the stock messaging app in that sometimes it had a hard time with messages when multiple recipients were involved. I ended up disabling the stock messenger and have been using the Yaata app with great success. It's feature-rich and integrates nicely with the Hub.

Did the DTEK60 suffer from the same stock messaging app issue?
    05-17-17 12:51 PM
    Phone just delivered by brown Santa (UPS). Installing system updates and all GPS apps. Hope to make this my daily driver by tomorrow morning if it ever finishes with everything! LOL
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-18-17 06:18 PM
    Having spent time with the new phone last night and again this morning while at work, I can say that I am pleased with the purchase. This device seems to be quite a bit faster to respond than my PRIV and best of all? Zero signal issues!
    05-19-17 05:52 AM
    Having spent time with the new phone last night and again this morning while at work, I can say that I am pleased with the purchase. This device seems to be quite a bit faster to respond than my PRIV and best of all? Zero signal issues!
    Love mine ,but would recommend screen protector and back to protect glass . Pretty slick and slippery bugger.
    05-25-17 05:29 PM
    Love mine ,but would recommend screen protector and back to protect glass . Pretty slick and slippery bugger.

After reading repeated warnings regarding the slipperiness, I pulled the phone from the box and immediately protected it with an Incipio DualPro case.
    05-25-17 05:44 PM
    After reading repeated warnings regarding the slipperiness, I pulled the phone from the box and immediately protected it with an Incipio DualPro case.
    That was my mistake not getting protection. I have a small scratch on left side. minor though.. I use one of my leather belt clip cases from my PRIV. It fits good but Plan on putting skin on back so it fits snugger.
    05-25-17 05:58 PM