I have received the June Update (117.5MB) today but it won't install. At least I presume it's the June update.

I get as far as "Downloaded & verified...", it asks me to hit "Restart & Install" and then it says "Rebooting now..." for 5mins or more, and nothing appears to be happening.

Eventually the "Rebooting now..." goes and "Restart & Install" shows back up again.
    I have tried rebooting manually, switching off for a while and restarting, but nothing seems to help.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any suggestions please?.

Model BBA 100-2, Build AAL158 (5 May 2017) Unlocked

As an aside, my wife's DTEK60 received the June update over a week ago! Build AAM 326 (5 June 2017). Both devices were sourced at the same time, both unlocked.
    07-27-17 04:43 AM
    Use an autoloader.
    07-27-17 07:22 AM
    I'm a bit reluctant to use an autoloader as I've never used one before, where do I get instructions for that please? Shouldn't I expect BB to resolve the problem?

Does an autoloader wipe the device clean, will I use all my settings, apps etc?
    07-27-17 07:47 AM
    Any one else have this problem? I just got the same notification today (my Dtek60 was bought off shopBB) finally but I don't want to install if it produces issues.
    07-27-17 08:24 AM
    I have received the June Update (117.5MB) today but it won't install. At least I presume it's the June update.

I get as far as "Downloaded & verified...", it asks me to hit "Restart & Install" and then it says "Rebooting now..." for 5mins or more, and nothing appears to be happening.

Eventually the "Rebooting now..." goes and "Restart & Install" shows back up again.
    I have tried rebooting manually, switching off for a while and restarting, but nothing seems to help.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any suggestions please?.

Model BBA 100-2, Build AAL158 (5 May 2017) Unlocked

As an aside, my wife's DTEK60 received the June update over a week ago! Build AAM 326 (5 June 2017). Both devices were sourced at the same time, both unlocked.
    Same issue, exactly! Such a long wait, and now this... Sigh...
    07-27-17 08:26 AM
    I'm a bit reluctant to use an autoloader as I've never used one before, where do I get instructions for that please? Shouldn't I expect BB to resolve the problem?

Does an autoloader wipe the device clean, will I use all my settings, apps etc?
    It's easy and harmless, but the device will be wiped. Much will be restored with your Google cloud backup.

Here is the link and the instructions:
    /blackberry-dtek50-f454/blackberry-dtek50-autoloaders-1082398/
    mkatkinson likes this.
    07-27-17 08:27 AM
    It's easy and harmless, but the device will be wiped. Much will be restored with your Google cloud backup.

Here is the link and the instructions:
    /blackberry-dtek50-f454/blackberry-dtek50-autoloaders-1082398/
    No way. I'd like a patch that works correctly please.
    JJonPB and aecgda like this.
    07-27-17 08:50 AM
    No way. I'd like a patch that works correctly please.
    Well, you are where you are. Stomp your feet or choose to fix it.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    07-27-17 09:40 AM
    How much free space did you have before you did the update? I am doing the update right now and it is at the "Android is upgrading... Optimizing app X of 67." Looks like it worked (fingers crossed) for me.

I had 1.20 GB free before I downloaded the update and my cached data was 1.68 GB so I deleted the cached data which got me to 2.87 GB of free space. The reason I did that is that from what I have been skimming lately on the forums (I have been busy with work so not as much time to read) some people might have been having issues with the update so I thought I should make sure there is enough free space for the update to install and unpack properly. I remember some people said that they did the update, but that after they were still on the same Android security patch level as before the update.

It probably was not the free space, but it literally took me 5 seconds to clear the cached data. I am usually really bad with free space and run my devices almost full (I know bad idea) because I hate deleting stuff.
    07-27-17 12:19 PM
    I'm stuck on same use since the update, awaiting any sugestiones before going the autoloader.
    07-27-17 12:31 PM
    UPDATE to my Post N°1 above:

I contacted BB Support as my device is still under the 1 year warranty.

An incident number has been assigned, I was requested to submit a bug report with the agent still on the line, he took details of the problem, and my case will be sent to the tech people to be resolved. I will be advised by e-mail when/how the problem is resolved.

I also advised him to look at the Crackberry Forums where he will see that I am not the only one with this problem. The agent noted that for the tech people on the case file.

The BB Support numbers to call under the 1 year warranty are:
    US/CAN – 855-556-2522
    UK – 0800-141-3330

There are no other numbers to call for other parts of the world unfortunately.

I suggest you call and open a case number if you can, the more of us who call the more likely we are to get the problem resolved. It will take about 20 mins to complete the registration and diagnostics.

Good luck!
    07-28-17 04:44 AM
    Same problem here. I'll call them as well. shouldn't we be almost ready to discuss the August update, rather than the June update at the end of July? This is ridiculous. pretty much the only reason to use BlackBerry branded hardware anymore, and they can't even keep their promise.
    07-28-17 08:16 AM
    Ditto! have downloaded it from past two days but can't possibly update cos it won't reboot and install. sic
    07-28-17 09:25 AM
    I wonder if there is a way to delete the 'downloaded & verified' update file from the phone?... Logically, this should re-trigger update download process -- and maybe this time, the phone won't get stuck on 'rebooting'.

Any idea where to look for this 117.5MB file?
    07-28-17 11:23 AM
    same here
    07-28-17 01:33 PM
    I wonder if there is a way to delete the 'downloaded & verified' update file from the phone?... Logically, this should re-trigger update download process -- and maybe this time, the phone won't get stuck on 'rebooting'.

Any idea where to look for this 117.5MB file?
    It downloads to a secure section of the internal storage, you won't find it unless you have root access which is not possible on BlackBerry Android.
    07-28-17 05:34 PM
    Downloaded the June update today no issues other than needing to change notifications on DTEK App.
    07-28-17 05:52 PM
    It downloads to a secure section of the internal storage, you won't find it unless you have root access which is not possible on BlackBerry Android.
    Thanks... No light in the tunnel, then :-(
    07-28-17 08:38 PM
    Thanks... No light in the tunnel, then :-(
    Downloaded and installed today. After download, I got a weird error message and so I rebooted. After reboot, the update installed.
    07-28-17 09:18 PM
    I'm in the same boat. The update was downloaded some time ago (week(s)) but won't install the device does not reboot when it should for the installation.
    07-29-17 07:47 AM
    Same problem here. Clearing cache didn't help. It counts down, then says "rebooting", but never actually does.
    07-29-17 05:10 PM
    Rebooted the phone in 'Safe Mode', and tried to run the update - no joy, still the same 'Rebooting now...' issue :-(

Also, I realised this issue is unlikely to self-resolve when the next DTEK60 update is made available. My phone has 'Downloaded and verified' the problematic update, and won't check for another one, methinks (there is currently no option to manually check for updates either).

Are we completely stuck?...
    07-30-17 02:59 AM
    Rebooted the phone in 'Safe Mode', and tried to run the update - no joy, still the same 'Rebooting now...' issue :-(

Also, I realised this issue is unlikely to self-resolve when the next DTEK60 update is made available. My phone has 'Downloaded and verified' the problematic update, and won't check for another one, methinks (there is currently no option to manually check for updates either).

Are we completely stuck?...
    Use an autoloader.
    07-30-17 10:13 AM
    Use an autoloader.
    That's the very last resort for me... I'd rather not go through the trouble of rebuilding the phone after wiping it clean.
    07-30-17 10:18 AM
    That's the very last resort for me... I'd rather not go through the trouble of rebuilding the phone after wiping it clean.
    I get that. But you'd be surprised how much gets restored through your Google account.
    07-30-17 11:01 AM
33 12