08-01-17 10:47 PM
257 ... 91011
tools
    There will be no long term revenue when there is no reputation... quite simple actually...
    As has been said multiple times, there are very few in the trucking industry or in the UEM space that are even aware that DTEK60 exists let alone whether it got the latest security patch. So, no worries.
    07-13-17 07:54 AM
    As has been said multiple times, there are very few in the trucking industry or in the UEM space that are even aware that DTEK60 exists let alone whether it got the latest security patch. So, no worries.
    Problem is there are very few customers in the enterprise market that know BlackBerry exists. And many of those that do, only know of the cruddy reputation... that is only getting worse.

The only reason for BBRY's recent pop is due to the almost $1 billion dollar Qualcomm settlement... it had nothing to do with johnny... and everything to do with good lawyers.

Further, BBRY tanking after recent earnings report has everything to do with the slowing sales to enterprise... down 14%.

The enterprise fantasy is a farce... and the next 2 quarters are going to be even worse.

The only thing johnny has going for him now is a billion dollars in his pocket to squander on BBRY stock buy back which he's already announced. This will result in another temporary pop... but no long term success.

And with BBRY's reputation gone... it will be all over.
    07-13-17 08:07 AM
    Problem is there are very few customers in the enterprise market that know BlackBerry exists. And many of those that do, only know of the cruddy reputation... that is only getting worse.

The only reason for BBRY's recent pop is due to the almost $1 billion dollar Qualcomm settlement... it had nothing to do with johnny... and everything to do with good lawyers.

Further, BBRY tanking after recent earnings report has everything to do with the slowing sales to enterprise... down 14%.

The enterprise fantasy is a farce... and the next 2 quarters are going to be even worse.

The only thing johnny has going for him now is a billion dollars in his pocket to squander on BBRY stock buy back which he's already announced. This will result in another temporary pop... but no long term success.

And with BBRY's reputation gone... it will be all over.
    AirWatch and Blackberry UEM are still first and second in market share. Gartner continues to rate Blackberry as the most secure solution, and second overall to AirWatch.
    07-13-17 08:21 AM
    The statement actually said "regular updates".
    Yeah, but 'regular' is just a word, no suggestion of month, week, quarter, or even year.....
    2 a year, would be 'regular' as would 1 each month!!
    07-13-17 08:27 AM
    June update released today for both dteks
    07-14-17 03:22 PM
    June update released today for both dteks
    Yes, mine just came through for my ShopBB DTEK60. June update, on July 27. So...while they may not be missing any updates other than April, they certainly aren't providing them as quickly as they did when the 60 first came out.
    I don't know whether it bothers me or not...the inaccuracy of it certainly does, but do I care if my OS is almost 2 months behind in security? When I bought into the BlackDroid future, I wanted 3 things, in priority: the BB keyboard, the BB Hub, and solid security (to me, that meant a phone with less chance of being hacked or otherwise compromised than the rest of the Android mkt).

The keyboard and Hub still work great, and the phone is still one of the most secure on the mkt. I'm still bothered by the lack of trust they generate with poor timelines and poorer communication, but I try to keep it in perspective.

That said, their Unique Selling Proposition is generally gone, with other vendors being at least as timely, and in some cases moreso. I'm likely to get the K1 as my next phone (once they start selling unlocked and drop a bit in price), and if that doesn't impress me, then I'm more than likely to jump ship to something less expensive and at least as capable. I've owned BB devices since they were pagers. It's time to treat their devices like the commodity they are.
    07-27-17 05:42 PM
    FYI, I just received a email from Blackberry Customer Support as i told them I am still on the April update, they said to "Please try dialing the following and wait 24 hours to check if you received it: *#*#2432546#*#*

I just did and will see if that worked, it apparently is a check in to Google Play, as I got a notification of that.

When you dial that, it will disappear and it appears nothing happened and you dont need to hit the dial button, as it all happens automatically.
    08-01-17 10:47 PM
257 ... 91011