Where have you seen evidence that anyone on Tmobile has what you quoted since this trail was about Tmobile?

I've scoured the forums and haven't seen. So maybe you DO have inside information?
    I thought entire thread began about June update, not just T-Mobile.
    07-11-17 09:36 PM
    I thought entire thread began about June update, not just T-Mobile.
    Not talking about the entire thread. There was a sub-thread clearly talking about just Tmobile... to which someone asked about deployment specific to Tmobile... to which another then posted false information.
    07-11-17 11:16 PM
    Not talking about the entire thread. There was a sub-thread clearly talking about just Tmobile... to which someone asked about deployment specific to Tmobile... to which another then posted false information.
    OK. T-Mobile not my thing. Im on AT&T. Carry on.....
    07-11-17 11:45 PM
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Priv are rolling out Jul patch, and DTEK50 is rolling out Jun patch.
    So no word on the DTEK60 then? I have seen one of the US carriers release plan and all devices are set out for this month, except the DTEK60. So from that (having missed last month) are we to determine that the DTEK60 will not receive either the June or July updates?
    07-12-17 03:42 AM
    may be BB(bugberry) will unlock bootloader and we can try to go on the android 7, if they dont want to update theirs phones?
    07-12-17 04:05 AM
    may be BB(bugberry) will unlock bootloader and we can try to go on the android 7, if they dont want to update theirs phones?
    Would that not affect the phones security, oh wait its two months out of date for sec updates anyway... !!!!

The BB of old that would work with its customers and allow stuff like that has gone, its all about TCL selling the hardware and BB selling software, even if some people on the forum arent willing to accept that premise.

I have messaged BBSIRT twice asking about the updates and ignored, message BBMobile asking if they commit to providing a set length of time for sec updates for the K1 (as I would consider moving to that phone) and ignored, message BBHelp and given the wrong information... even for a business in transition this is shocking.

Most secure mobile phones, yeah right.
    07-12-17 04:21 AM
    yeah, bb updating aurora for 7.1.1, its more important than most powerful device like dtek60 with 6.01 and without security patches
    07-12-17 04:45 AM
    yeah, bb updating aurora for 7.1.1, its more important than most powerful device like dtek60 with 6.01 and without security patches
    If they just communicated it would not be an issue, I have checked and there are 12 BB generic or staff accounts on Twitter... none of them have given any information.

I have stated before I love the phone its awesome but I do not want a phone which is not secure unless BB feel that we only really need quarterly updates, but thats not what they have stated with their month updates statement.

Just to confirm this is what we are missing:

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000044857

And:

BlackBerry powered by Android Security Bulletin – July 2017

And we were a month late receiving these fixes:

BlackBerry powered by Android Security Bulletin – April 2017

No communication from anyone about whether they have not been released due to causing issues with the device, whether they have an issue with their deployment process, staffing issues during the transition process... coming from BB10-Passport its exactly the same none-communication process they put into place because that device was EOL.

I also think that it is quite telling that BBMobile have not replied to my tweet reference whether they guarantee monthly updates for the K1 for a set length of time... I think that the K1 owners may find their devices are EOL after about 12 months, so the whole "built to last" comments are worthless... in the same way the "Most secure Android" statements are worthless now 8 months after the DTEK60 release.
    07-12-17 05:06 AM
    So no word on the DTEK60 then? I have seen one of the US carriers release plan and all devices are set out for this month, except the DTEK60. So from that (having missed last month) are we to determine that the DTEK60 will not receive either the June or July updates?
    DTEK60 was not sold through carriers.
    07-12-17 06:39 AM
    If they just communicated it would not be an issue, I have checked and there are 12 BB generic or staff accounts on Twitter... none of them have given any information.

I have stated before I love the phone its awesome but I do not want a phone which is not secure unless BB feel that we only really need quarterly updates, but thats not what they have stated with their month updates statement.

Just to confirm this is what we are missing:

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000044857

And:

BlackBerry powered by Android Security Bulletin – July 2017

And we were a month late receiving these fixes:

BlackBerry powered by Android Security Bulletin – April 2017

No communication from anyone about whether they have not been released due to causing issues with the device, whether they have an issue with their deployment process, staffing issues during the transition process... coming from BB10-Passport its exactly the same none-communication process they put into place because that device was EOL.

I also think that it is quite telling that BBMobile have not replied to my tweet reference whether they guarantee monthly updates for the K1 for a set length of time... I think that the K1 owners may find their devices are EOL after about 12 months, so the whole "built to last" comments are worthless... in the same way the "Most secure Android" statements are worthless now 8 months after the DTEK60 release.
    TCL publicly stated two years of updates minimum.
    07-12-17 06:41 AM
    Yeah but thats open ended, that could be one per year, unless it stated 24 individual updates minimum... I have just told the office I will make a round of tea's and coffee, didnt state that it would be today or even this week!!!
    Willieray3 likes this.
    07-12-17 07:04 AM
    What type of updates? Security or software? Also 2 years of updates could be no updates for 23 months and then on month 24 send out an update. Do they offer this in writing?
    07-12-17 07:06 AM
    It's not enough to unlock the bootloader. The root of trust would not allow anything without a BlackBerry signature to be installed on the device.
    07-12-17 07:06 AM
    What type of updates? Security or software? Also 2 years of updates could be no updates for 23 months and then on month 24 send out an update. Do they offer this in writing?
    The statement actually said "regular updates".
    07-12-17 07:08 AM
    Not to answer for Conite but I would guess sec updates, I cannot imagine any provider would put their neck on the line in terms of OS updates... but it will be like everything, open ended and open to interpretation so they can always wriggle out if required.
    07-12-17 07:08 AM
    Again open to interpretation what "regular" means to me will differ to other people... its just a selling tool, buzz words... same with the "Most secure Android device" its a generic statement with no detail... I think people need to ignore the fluff and look at the reality.

I am BB through and through but for me Android = Google and IOS = Apple, outside of that you are borrowing their OS so cannot expect the same level of service.

I have been holding onto my BB devices because I love the brand, its not based on the current quality of the business... I either put up and see if they improve or move on, no one should read anything into "regular" updates or any other open ended comments.
    07-12-17 07:14 AM
    Not to answer for Conite but I would guess sec updates, I cannot imagine any provider would put their neck on the line in terms of OS updates... but it will be like everything, open ended and open to interpretation so they can always wriggle out if required.
    Google does with their line of phones and by the looks of it and great track record to support it.
    07-12-17 07:18 AM
    Google does with their line of phones and by the looks of it and great track record to support it.
    Yeah I might have missed explained what I meant, Apple and Google update and provide information as its their OS, but others like BB probably cannot say that they will update the OS as their agreement may change making them liable... thats what I meant by borrowing someones OS.
    07-12-17 07:23 AM
    ... which they have already failed at... so why would anyone expect anything different moving forward?
    chi-town311 likes this.
    07-12-17 10:27 AM
    ... which they have already failed at... so why would anyone expect anything different moving forward?
    There's a lot more going on than just security patches right now. Let the dust settle for a couple of months and then see how it goes then.
    07-12-17 10:45 AM
    There's a lot more going on than just security patches right now. Let the dust settle for a couple of months and then see how it goes then.
    They clearly don't have the capacity to deal with all of the commitments they made. Both implicit commitments to DTEK60 owners and likely-explicit commitments to TCL for updates to the Keyone.

In a couple of months my DTEK60 will be 4 months behind in security updates. I honestly don't know how anyone can look at that and say it isn't a failure. From a service perspective, they are failing their loyal customers.
    07-12-17 11:18 AM
    I can imagine its a nightmare at BB at the moment, clearly people have been made redundant as part of the RIM / BB Software changes... people are probably leaving because of it as well, mix that in with the TCL / BB Mobile changes, adapting to the Google OS etc... I have gone through the same thing myself, I am a support manager currently covering both that role and the product owner (development) role which is all new to me... so can I ring my customers and say sorry for the lack of communication and failure to meet the standards we prompt and advertise... of course not, Chen isn't my mate who I should try and help out I am a consumer who was told I would get regular updates for a device up to a minimum of 2 years!
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    07-12-17 11:38 AM
    Crazy thing is... we're talking about software.

Just goes to show that johnny doesn't have what it takes.

He got lucky last time around (and has virtually admitted this himself) and was hailed a turn around artist... but luck does not constitute such skill.
    07-13-17 07:23 AM
    Crazy thing is... we're talking about software.

Just goes to show that johnny doesn't have what it takes.

He got lucky last time around (and has virtually admitted this himself) and was hailed a turn around artist... but luck does not constitute such skill.
    Or, he's directing resources to areas that generate revenues.
    07-13-17 07:36 AM
    Or, he's directing resources to areas that generate revenues.
    There will be no long term revenue when there is no reputation... quite simple actually...
    chi-town311 likes this.
    07-13-17 07:45 AM
257 ... 891011