You're better off without it at the moment - as notifications and background services don't function on the June KEYᵒⁿᵉ build. This may be why it wasn't pushed to everyone I suspect. It also may explain ALL of the delays at the moment.
    Has this just started to happen conite as I have two mates with K1s and they both say there have been no issues with the update, one even said it help with the lag... he posted on CB asking if it had fix the lag on others people's K1s.

Plus @bbhelp have said that the June and July DTEK had been released so they don't know of any issues if this is the case.
    07-06-17 04:21 PM
    Has this just started to happen conite as I have two mates with K1s and they both say there have been no issues with the update, one even said it help with the lag... he posted on CB asking if it had fix the lag on others people's K1s.

Plus @bbhelp have said that the June and July DTEK had been released so they don't know of any issues if this is the case.
    Overzealous background service suppression is a well known issue with AAL964 and has been acknowledged by both BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile.
    07-06-17 04:34 PM
    Overzealous background service suppression is a well known issue with AAL964 and has been acknowledged by both BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile.
    Did they say if it was device specific?
    07-06-17 04:42 PM
    Did they say if it was device specific?
    Build specific.
    07-06-17 04:44 PM
    Build specific.
    Shame, if they stated the devices affected it would help determine whether the June patch had been released... I am not convinced @bbhelp really know anything as they are blaming the carriers for the delay, which they did with June, even though I have a carrier free phone.
    07-06-17 04:49 PM
    supposedly some dude from Australia got an update for his DTEK60. the claim was made on the comments to the July patch release.
    07-06-17 09:10 PM
    well I'm in Australia and no update for my 60 yet.
    07-07-17 05:32 AM
    Well - I just got off the phone with BlackBerry Support. At least they were nice enough to acknowledge what we already know. May 5 is the latest available patch for the DTEK60. Despite their Blog posts indicating that newer patches for "ShopBlackBerry" devices are available, there is none for the DTEK60.

They couldn't give me a date.

The rep was very nice but he did say the classic word we all love to here.... "soon"

Anyways, at lease I know it isn't an issue with my phone. I also suggested that their future blog posts should be device specific so there is less confusion. Let's see what they do.
    07-07-17 11:42 AM
    Well - I just got off the phone with BlackBerry Support. At least they were nice enough to acknowledge what we already know. May 5 is the latest available patch for the DTEK60. Despite their Blog posts indicating that newer patches for "ShopBlackBerry" devices are available, there is none for the DTEK60.

The rep was very nice but he did say the classic word we all love to here.... "soon"

Anyways, at lease I know it isn't an issue with my phone. I also suggested that their future blog posts should be device specific so there is less confusion. Let's see what they do.
    Maybe because they ( the 2 guys left) are working on Android 7 release )
    07-07-17 12:31 PM

So Priv and K1 got it and the dtek's are delayed loll

Sounds about right - when the dtek60 launched they could only keep on track for the Priv and the 60. Looks like 2 is their maximum they can get on time.

I keep forgetting they also have the Aurora out (which is on the May patch) lloll

I'm curious what's going to happen if bbmobile releases the other two devices rumored...

Anybody thinks BlackBerry will actually hire more people for the android software ot just keep it as is loll
    Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 12:37 PM
    One of the (serious) problems with this, however, is that the same thing will happen to the K1 down the road. And yet that's the argument for buying these phones, beyond the pkb on the K1 -- you'll be current on patches, and if you READ the releases monthly what you find is that Google has a horrifyingly-BAD security problem with Android in the general case.

That is, there are typically a dozen or more *severe* problems patched each month.

How many thousands of such problems still exist in same? I appreciate DTEK warning me -- if it can be relied on to do so -- but if you don't get patches on a reliable basis then the entire business argument for paying a bit more goes "poof" like cut wind in a church.
    07-07-17 12:56 PM
    how does my wifes locked Dtek50 get the June update before my unlocked Dtek60 purchased straight from BlackBerry. Get it together BlackBerry.
    07-08-17 09:10 PM
    And now the Galaxy S8 series on Tmobile has been updated to the June security patch.

No longer can it be said that BlackBerry is only second to Google in security patches (an often quoted excuse).

BlackBerry definitely cannot boast the "Most secure Android" now. Just read the list of vulnerabilities that haven't been patched since May for many of us because of BlackBerry malfeasance!

There are obviously some critical issues that neither BlackBerry or Crackberry are even willing to acknowledge.

There may be "reasons" ... but there are no acceptable "excuses".
    07-11-17 12:00 PM
    Whatever man, if you buy into that claim being the most secure and being second to Google that's on you at this point loll

They clearly are having issues over there so just don't expect that much from them anymore.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 12:33 PM
    Whatever man, if you buy into that claim being the most secure and being second to Google that's on you at this point loll

They clearly are having issues over there so just don't expect that much from them anymore.

Posted via CB10
    I don't buy it at all... thought that would be abundantly clear from my posts.

I don't accept the excuses... and find it sad how johnny has so effectively abused the only remaining reputation where BlackBerry could stake claim (security). What a farce!

johnny's BlackBerry = defeat stolen from the jaws of victory!
    HughJarsse likes this.
    07-11-17 12:40 PM
    Soon we'll be waiting for the Junelygust update...
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    07-11-17 12:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think that may well be a massive understatement!! The 'issues' are a basic inability to provide any sort of cohesive program for ANY of their products, 'legacy' or 'current'.
    I certainly don't expect anything more from BB (which now stands for 'bye-bye') as they are effectively abandoning us to our fate...
    That much is glaringly obvious!!
    crackberry_geek and baldy3577 like this.
    07-11-17 12:54 PM
    As much as it hurts just by typing it, and I do own a DTEK60, I think it's dead for support.
    07-11-17 02:03 PM
    And now the Galaxy S8 series on Tmobile has been updated to the June security patch.

No longer can it be said that BlackBerry is only second to Google in security patches (an often quoted excuse).

BlackBerry definitely cannot boast the "Most secure Android" now. Just read the list of vulnerabilities that haven't been patched since May for many of us because of BlackBerry malfeasance!

There are obviously some critical issues that neither BlackBerry or Crackberry are even willing to acknowledge.

There may be "reasons" ... but there are no acceptable "excuses".
    Did all lines in their brand get the June update? You're mentioning just one line of many they make. I thought many posted on here about getting June update on PRIV, maybe DTEK50?
    07-11-17 02:26 PM
    I bet the S8 is on Nougat too. just saying.
    Willieray3 likes this.
    07-11-17 07:45 PM
    Did all lines in their brand get the June update? You're mentioning just one line of many they make. I thought many posted on here about getting June update on PRIV, maybe DTEK50?
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Priv are rolling out Jul patch, and DTEK50 is rolling out Jun patch.
    07-11-17 07:47 PM
    I bet the S8 is on Nougat too. just saying.
    It is, so is the S7 and the S6 lol
    07-11-17 08:20 PM
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Priv are rolling out Jul patch, and DTEK50 is rolling out Jun patch.
    Not true... if you're talking about Tmobile.

Priv still on June.
    DTEK60 still on May.
    DTEK50 still on May.

Just checked all of 'em moments ago.

Please don't spread misinformation with the excuses.
    07-11-17 09:04 PM
    Not true... if you're talking about Tmobile.

Priv still on June.
    DTEK60 still on May.
    DTEK50 still on May.

Just checked all of 'em moments ago.

Please don't spread misinformation with the excuses.
    I'm clearly not laying out the complete deployment roadmap for every region and carrier. I'm stating what has begun rolling out - meaning some people have it already.
    07-11-17 09:10 PM
    I'm clearly not laying out the complete deployment roadmap for every region and carrier. I'm stating what has begun rolling out - meaning some people have it already.
    Where have you seen evidence that anyone on Tmobile has what you quoted since this trail was about Tmobile?

I've scoured the forums and haven't seen. So maybe you DO have inside information?
    07-11-17 09:33 PM
257 ... 7891011