Nothing on my Dtek60
    06-29-17 02:27 PM
    when will dtek60 get nougat????????
    Wishful thinking 😶
    06-29-17 03:11 PM
    Yeah they came back and said that they didnt have the build number and the escalation team would have those details... sounds like a fob off until July's update
    What a crock of ..it!

Real ethics there!
    06-29-17 05:45 PM
    let's see 27 hrs to go till July 1st.
    06-29-17 08:05 PM
    let's see 27 hrs to go till July 1st.
    It's a holiday (and a Saturday anyway) in Canada. Rogers says they'll release the July Pixel update on Monday 3 July, that should be when Google's security bulletin and, if all goes well, the DTEK60 update, come out.
    06-29-17 08:23 PM
    It's a holiday (and a Saturday anyway) in Canada. Rogers says they'll release the July Pixel update on Monday 3 July, that should be when Google's security bulletin and, if all goes well, the DTEK60 update, come out.
    Sounds about right
    06-29-17 08:36 PM
    nothing on my 50 or 60 yet. 3 1/2 hours till July. (EDT). LOL
    Willieray3 likes this.
    06-30-17 07:27 PM
    Both Rogers and Telus have announced a DTEK50 update for Tuesday the 4th: I have a hunch it's the July update. Hopefully the DTEK60 comes around at the same time.
    Willieray3 likes this.
    06-30-17 08:23 PM
    Both Rogers and Telus have announced a DTEK50 update for Tuesday the 4th: I have a hunch it's the July update. Hopefully the DTEK60 comes around at the same time.
    Thank you for the heads-up
    06-30-17 08:28 PM
    Would assuming the US would get it
    then as well be asking to much?
    06-30-17 08:33 PM
    so, July update then? I mean, it's just a hiccup, right?
    06-30-17 09:42 PM
    so, July update then? I mean, it's just a hiccup, right?
    Well they'll either get the July one or get the June one and then the July one shortly after.

I have to admit though, when I had the Priv, getting those patches the day Google released it was definitely reassuring as to the value to my dollars spent. I can definitely appreciate why people are miffed.

That said, it's still better than other phones where you get a security update once or twice a year loll

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 08:01 AM
    Well they'll either get the July one or get the June one and then the July one shortly after.

I have to admit though, when I had the Priv, getting those patches the day Google released it was definitely reassuring as to the value to my dollars spent. I can definitely appreciate why people are miffed.

That said, it's still better than other phones where you get a security update once or twice a year loll

Posted via CB10
    Or it won't come and we'll be waiting for an update in August or September.

There is absolutely no communication from them on this.
    07-01-17 08:33 AM
    Or it won't come and we'll be waiting for an update in August or September.

There is absolutely no communication from them on this.
    There is - someone said "we try our best" to stick to Google's schedule lolll

Can't remember where I read that but it was definitely someone from BlackBerry. They don't claim day zero patching anymore nor guarantee monthly updates.

Not excusing them though - as I said before, that monthly patching WAS a factor for me, because it sure wasn't their cameras, hardware, or specs lolll

If people bought the phones for this reason, and they can now only "try our best" to stick to the monthly schedule then that just lends more credence to my position their phones aren't worth the msrp they sell at.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    07-01-17 09:01 AM
    just got mine on my Verizon priv today
    07-01-17 09:16 AM
    Would assuming the US would get it
    then as well be asking to much?
    I would imagine factory-unlocked devices would be slightly ahead.
    07-01-17 10:35 AM
    Still no luck with June update here. Perhaps it's now a bi monthly thing...
    07-04-17 06:43 AM
    Still no luck with June update here. Perhaps it's now a bi monthly thing...
    I think June will be wrapped up in July's update and that tends to be released on the 5th, but then that is still reliant on BB releasing it for each device and each IMEI number as well as I think they tend to do it in waves... so the earliest I would expect to see it is tomorrow.
    07-04-17 07:52 AM
    I think June will be wrapped up in July's update and that tends to be released on the 5th, but then that is still reliant on BB releasing it for each device and each IMEI number as well as I think they tend to do it in waves... so the earliest I would expect to see it is tomorrow.
    Samsung released it yesterday
    07-04-17 08:15 AM
    Samsung released it yesterday
    June or July, my mate has a Samsung and he just got June at the weekend... anyway that's not really relevant as Samsung don't use stock Android so their patch will differ to BlackBerry.
    07-04-17 08:21 AM
    Well the 5th of the month is nearly over, no June or July patch yet! BlackBerry SIRT Twitter account has posted a message saying that the new BlackBerry secure messaging service will be kept secure by constant updates... so tweeted back asking if June's update was ready...
    07-05-17 09:47 AM
    Well the 5th of the month is nearly over, no June or July patch yet! BlackBerry SIRT Twitter account has posted a message saying that the new BlackBerry secure messaging service will be kept secure by constant updates... so tweeted back asking if June's update was ready...
    I am getting annoyed this time. They skipped the April one and now the June one. Is it really that difficult to keep their promises?
    chi-town311 likes this.
    07-05-17 09:55 AM
    quote from https://us.blackberry.com/smartphone...berry/overview :

Updating the Security of Your Device - Long After You Purchase It

Many popular smartphones put the user’s private information at risk of being hacked due to slow security updates. BlackBerry has a record of being the quickest to deliver security patches. Other smartphones can take weeks, months or even years to deliver security patches, leaving you vulnerable and at risk. So even though you can’t see it, know that extra precautions are taken at both the hardware and software level to protect the DTEK series from malicious tampering.

OK: long equals 6 months. I would recommend to take down this quote from the official website.

Since the security updates for the DTEK50 also had a gap of two months, there might be a possibilty for another update.
    After seeing this and the trouble regarding the KeyOne I will say bye bye to Blackberry and TCL in September.
    Will there be any useful apps by Blackberry for iOS?
    07-05-17 11:18 AM
    Will there be any useful apps by Blackberry for iOS?
    They promised Hub suite for iOS, but that was years ago. If it must be BlackBerry apps stick with Android.
    07-05-17 12:22 PM
    They promised Hub suite for iOS, but that was years ago. If it must be BlackBerry apps stick with Android.
    Lol yea they had a lot of good things that never took off.

Like "mobile computing" with their blend app - so good but so sad it got EOL'd.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 01:26 PM
257 ... 56789 ...