I was told within the week. So Friday by Midnight?
    06-28-17 10:03 AM
    Maybe next month double with June
    06-28-17 10:04 AM
    No, they have 6 hours or so... think they may have just said anything to stop me from asking, there is no way we are getting June now, they will just merge June and July and make sure the DTEKs are at the front of the queue this time.
    They'll probably just go straight to Nougat, AMIRIGHT?
    06-28-17 10:20 AM
    I guess it depends where you are in the world, they have about 60 hrs left in the US to get it out and still call it a June update.
    06-28-17 10:24 AM
    Maybe next month double with June
    And they can call it the June-ly (June lie) update
    Willieray3 likes this.
    06-28-17 10:27 AM
    I guess it depends where you are in the world, they have about 60 hrs left in the US to get it out and still call it a June update.
    Me too, this is so sad and laughable at the same time.
    06-28-17 10:49 AM
    This has happened before, for whatever reason BB skipped the April update but pushed May out on time. Best case scenario for no June update is the July update (which includes June and all prior months) on time, which should be the week of July 3 for the bulletin and the Pixel releases.
    06-28-17 11:25 AM
    This has happened before, for whatever reason BB skipped the April update but pushed May out on time. Best case scenario for no June update is the July update (which includes June and all prior months) on time, which should be the week of July 3 for the bulletin and the Pixel releases.
    The question is why is this happening? BlackBerry stated when the phone were available they pride themselves on security and will have monthly updates. And they are not.
    06-28-17 11:30 AM
    The question is why is this happening? BlackBerry stated when the phone were available they pride themselves on security and will have monthly updates. And they are not.
    Maybe like BlackBerry fiscal year their monthly update calendar is different 60 days one month and 30 the next?
    06-28-17 11:44 AM
    If I had to guess, some persistent issue prevented them getting the update in on time for a monthly release cycle. The June update for some Privs and the KEYone seems to have slipped past quality control (color balance on Priv, a bunch of things on KEYone), while the past few months have had devices updated with partial patch levels (OS-only instead of OS+driver fixes), if the patch was released at all.

If BB pushes out a July update next week, then it was probably the developer(s?) needing more time to implement something.
    06-28-17 11:52 AM
    If I had to guess, some persistent issue prevented them getting the update in on time for a monthly release cycle. The June update for some Privs and the KEYone seems to have slipped past quality control (color balance on Priv, a bunch of things on KEYone), while the past few months have had devices updated with partial patch levels (OS-only instead of OS+driver fixes), if the patch was released at all.

If BB pushes out a July update next week, then it was probably the developer(s?) needing more time to implement something.
    You bring up a good point there that punches yet more holes in arguments from the "BlackBerry can do no wrong" crowd.

Many of the monthly updates were not complete.

So... the argument that "they've only missed 3 out of 17 months" ... well that's a pretty hollow argument when many of the supposed 14 updates that did occur were not complete.
    06-28-17 12:26 PM
    Many of the monthly updates were not complete.

So... the argument that "they've only missed 3 out of 17 months" ... well that's a pretty hollow argument when many of the supposed 14 updates that did occur were not complete.
    It should be noted that every update includes all previous updates, including the additional patch levels of the previous months:

Devices that use the June 01, 2017 security patch level must include all issues associated with that security patch level, as well as fixes for all issues reported in previous security bulletins.
    Devices that use the security patch level of June 05, 2017 or newer must include all applicable patches in this (and previous) security bulletins.
    https://source.android.com/security/...ns-and-answers

They aren't absolved of blame by any stretch (although it seems only Google pulls off full patches every month for all devices), but as long as they follow up a gap with the next month's security updates the fixes are in place.
    06-28-17 12:40 PM
    It should be noted that every update includes all previous updates, including the additional patch levels of the previous months:

https://source.android.com/security/...ns-and-answers

They aren't absolved of blame by any stretch (although it seems only Google pulls off full patches every month for all devices), but as long as they follow up a gap with the next month's security updates the fixes are in place.
    Good to know, thanks
    06-28-17 12:48 PM
    and make sure the DTEKs are at the front of the queue this time.
    Teehee
    Willieray3 likes this.
    06-28-17 03:40 PM
    Lying is the corporate way these days....
    Willieray3 likes this.
    06-28-17 05:33 PM
    I am now being told by @blackberryhelp that my phone should have received the update and that someone will contact me from their phone support team... so they are basically saying the update has gone out, so has anyone actually got the update, or is there an issue with a range of IMEI numbers I wonder!?

Or is it a fob off tactic until the July update comes out!
    06-29-17 11:41 AM
    I am now being told by @blackberryhelp that my phone should have received the update and that someone will contact me from their phone support team... so they are basically saying the update has gone out, so has anyone actually got the update, or is there an issue with a range of IMEI numbers I wonder!?

Haven't received as of 9:50am pst
    06-29-17 11:50 AM
    Haven't received as of 9:50am pst
    No one has received it. They don't know what they are talking about. Did they point you to the blog post?
    06-29-17 12:02 PM
    I certainly haven't seen it and I just checked.June update?-2017-06-29-17.11.47.jpg
    06-29-17 12:12 PM

They are still lying.
    06-29-17 12:35 PM

The latter.

If you can reach them again ask them the build number for this new update.
    06-29-17 12:40 PM
    They are still lying.
    Yep, get'em off the phone at any lie is the standard at BlackBerry helpline
    06-29-17 12:43 PM
    The latter.

If you can reach them again ask them the build number for this new update.
    I have messaged them again asking for the build number, see what they come back with.
    06-29-17 01:41 PM
    Build URSCREWD
    06-29-17 01:47 PM
    Yeah they came back and said that they didnt have the build number and the escalation team would have those details... sounds like a fob off until July's update
    06-29-17 02:22 PM
257 ... 45678 ...