It's interesting how some here are ready to jump off a bridge because we don't have the June Security Update yet. It's a phone, there are many more important things in life.

While BlackBerry can be frustrating at times I'm hopeful that I'll survive it.

As I look to the future I see two possibilities, both of which I have no control over. It'll come or it won't.

Back away from the ledge.
    Danow11, JJonPB and wippeerfurt like this.
    06-20-17 05:24 AM
    It's interesting how some here are ready to jump off a bridge because we don't have the June Security Update yet. It's a phone, there are many more important things in life.

While BlackBerry can be frustrating at times I'm hopeful that I'll survive it.

As I look to the future I see two possibilities, both of which I have no control over. It'll come or it won't.

Back away from the ledge.
    Que jumper video.
    06-20-17 07:24 AM
    My mates K1 has had the update today, so I guess we the DTEK will be shortly, or they will wait and release June and July together
    06-20-17 11:20 AM
    What makes you think that complaining and pointing out their obvious deficiencies means we will jump off a bridge. Not on a ledge over here. Just annoyed by their horrible communication and deceptive advertising.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    06-20-17 11:44 AM
    Hi edhdurham, I'm interested in your post, just got Dtek60 from cpw, I myself have been trying to get hold of one from everywhere, ie Vodafone, cpw, staples, o2 etc had no luck told they don't stock it anymore can only find it on sites like mobile phone direct, which cpw did you get it from, are you in uk like ,me many thanks.

Posted via CB10
    If you have a cpw store nearby then you can order and collect from store. That's how I got my handset.
    06-20-17 08:29 PM
    Nothing for me either. BlackBerry Mr Inconsistent 🙄
    06-21-17 02:16 AM
    No JUNE update yet, ShopBB DTEK60. Shouldn't be long
    06-21-17 12:49 PM
    My Samsung GS7 just received the June Security update today..
    06-21-17 08:46 PM
    when will dtek60 get nougat????????
    06-21-17 11:15 PM
    No one know not even BlackBerry
    06-21-17 11:21 PM
    Wait for the answer from John Chen, as @crackberrykevin has asked him this question via email...
    Bee Gee likes this.
    06-22-17 02:09 AM
    Get used to delay of monthly patch updates won't be dissappointed.
    06-22-17 03:07 AM
    Get used to delay of monthly patch updates won't be dissappointed.
    Yep
    Bee Gee likes this.
    06-22-17 04:03 AM
    From BlackBerry :

Regarding your security update query, please note that you have the latest software version, the June update will be coming shortly, unfortunately we cannot provide you with an exact date, but it will fall within the month.
    06-22-17 10:31 AM
    From BlackBerry :

Regarding your security update query, please note that you have the latest software version, the June update will be coming shortly, unfortunately we cannot provide you with an exact date, but it will fall within the month.
    They've got about a week.
    06-22-17 10:35 AM
    They've got about a week.
    31 June
    06-22-17 10:37 AM
    My Samsung GS7 just received the June Security update today..
    But but but BlackBerrys get these updates same time as Google Pixel and Nexus, get out of here with your harsh realities!

But seriously, thread after thread I've read claims that the BBs are receiving the updates the earliest, yet they have yet to get the June update!? Wow!
    06-22-17 12:14 PM
    Got mine a few days ago. Why all the panic and usual bad vibes! As someone has said, it's only a phone!
    aecgda likes this.
    06-22-17 12:24 PM
    Got mine a few days ago. Why all the panic and usual bad vibes! As someone has said, it's only a phone!
    DTEK60?
    06-22-17 12:29 PM
    DTEK60?
    Oop's! My mistake if on the wrong forum/thread. Keyone here.
    06-22-17 12:44 PM

But seriously, thread after thread I've read claims that the BBs are receiving the updates the earliest, yet they have yet to get the June update!? Wow!
    It's only true about half the time. Example: Priv June, DTEK50 March, April and May.
    Last edited by conite; 06-22-17 at 03:13 PM.
    06-22-17 01:04 PM
    From BlackBerry :

Thanks for sharing their response Royster.

I've had many BB devices from the Bold 99XX to the detek 60 and I try with every iteration to be the biggest BB Booster.

I don't think the CB boards would be full of discussion like it is today if BlackBerry themselves hadn't marketed their devices as consistently up-to-date and thereby as secure as a device can be – that is, to the highest industry standards they themselves claim to have established. Yet here they are very silent on addressing one important cornerstone of their security platform.

It does seem harder and harder to be a booster these days while the fans watch from a distance, as the BB brand we all love seems to be slowly peeling away.

BlackBerry may not be dead, but it almost seems as if the old crown has been turned over to some irascible boy King headstrong on going down the wrong path, while their reputation of by gone days is being kept shored up by us fans as the unwitting apologists.
    Last edited by blackburberry; 06-22-17 at 01:32 PM.
    06-22-17 01:21 PM
    Looks like update might be soon. All BlackBerry apps updated last night .
    06-23-17 05:55 AM
    Just got the update just now. Coming from a DTEK60, my new K1 (IOU winner at Crackberry Meet) woke me up with a light ticking /knocking sound that forced me to put my password in order to make it stop after the phone rebooted via the June updated.

Cool feature (safe to assume that's in Nougat over Marshmallow) that the D60 never did
    Last edited by qphone; 06-23-17 at 07:52 AM.
    06-23-17 06:42 AM
    Just got the update just now. Coming from a DTEK60, my new K1 (IOU winner at Crackberry Meet) woke me up with a light ticking /knocking sound that forced me to put my password in order to make it stop after the phone rebooted via the June updated.

Cool feature (safe to assume that's in Nougat over Marshmallow) that the D60 never did
    So still no DTEK60 update, then.
    06-23-17 10:18 AM
257 ... 23456 ...