This is the kind of thinking that is going to ruin BlackBerry. Accepting mediocrity is going to further kill the brand especially when they are pushing to be leaders in security. I caused a big scene over the patching situation in April and this time I ain't phased. Blackberry lost me as a customer and I will be jumping ship come Pixel 2 or iPhone 8 where I can be guaranteed to be running a secure up to date device.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    06-14-17 08:38 PM
    Never received the April Update (When I bought the phone), May was on the 5th and still waiting for the June update. It's every other month for some?
    06-14-17 08:45 PM
    Never received the April Update (When I bought the phone), May was on the 5th and still waiting for the June update. It's every other month for some?
    No. April was the only month ever missed by either DTEK since launch.
    06-14-17 09:50 PM
    No. April was the only month ever missed by either DTEK since launch.
    There was that time that the DTEK50 had a month's lag, though (November 2016-January 2017 I think).
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-14-17 10:48 PM
    There was that time that the DTEK50 had a month's lag, though (November 2016-January 2017 I think).
    Yep
    06-14-17 10:50 PM
    All of the articles I have read on this topic indicate that BlackBerry is second to Pixel for monthly security updates. I think it would be interesting if BlackBerry Mobile or Crackberry put out an article explaining BlackBerry's process related to Security Patches. Why is it that some of their phones receive updates before others? Also, while patches are vital for security, the additional features on the BlackBerry Software such as Kernel Hardening and Root of trust are part of the overall Security package. How do these features differentiate from the Pixel?
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-15-17 07:12 AM
    Could it be that Security and OS updates are just symptoms of a larger problem?

I can only imagine the behind the scenes discussions (on joint projects) between BlackBerry staff and TCL staff...in other words there could be a lot of distractions going on inside BB, on stuff that wasn't covered off in the initial partnership agreements. BlackBerry had also been looking to fill a lot of senior positions recently so existing staff resources might be pulled in to fill those until they can be filled FT.

It could be more chaotic than usual over there at the moment and maybe that's why they are outwardly so silent. They either can't agree on who can speak to what, or there isn't anybody with authority in place to speak to specific issues discussed here.

JC has been quiet too. Just sayin'
    06-15-17 08:16 AM
    This is the kind of thinking that is going to ruin BlackBerry. Accepting mediocrity is going to further kill the brand especially when they are pushing to be leaders in security. I caused a big scene over the patching situation in April and this time I ain't phased. Blackberry lost me as a customer and I will be jumping ship come Pixel 2 or iPhone 8 where I can be guaranteed to be running a secure up to date device.
    That is exactly what I'm trying to get at. Why people keep making excuses for them is beyond me. If they want to claim to be the best and most secure phone, then you have to prove it month after month. If they continue to falter then people will realize that it isn't the most secure phone.

The thing that pisses me off the most though is the fact that they have blog posts claiming that they released the software but then it isn't released. That's just embarrassing.
    Uzi, seawage and nickdollimount like this.
    06-15-17 11:07 AM
    I have two Keyones from different markets and don't have the updates since April. doesn't bother me as long as the device is secure, but i mean they are the ones announcing the release at the beginning of the month, but very few people seem to be getting them, is this some sort of a PR stunt?
    06-16-17 04:20 AM
    Nothing on my Dtek50 yet. Haven't set up the 60.
    06-16-17 05:48 AM
    BlackBerry probably doesn't care a whole lot. They have nothing left to sell to consumers.
    They never cared even when they still sold hardware. That's why they no longer sell hardware. See how that works?

This lackadaisical behaviour is their MO. They've missed deadlines, over promised and under delivered, screwed up launches and the list goes on. They've become notorious for saying one thing while doing the opposite. "We're still committed to bb10" -- Thurber. Lol. There's something intrinsically wrong in this company's DNA that transcends CEOs.

And you say all is well? Smh.
    p1800nut and crackberry_geek like this.
    06-16-17 08:02 AM
    They never cared even when they still sold hardware. That's why they no longer sell hardware. See how that works?

This lackadaisical behaviour is their MO. They've missed deadlines, over promised and under delivered, screwed up launches and the list goes on. They've become notorious for saying one thing while doing the opposite. "We're still committed to bb10" -- Thurber. Lol. There's something intrinsically wrong in this company's DNA that transcends CEOs.

And you say all is well? Smh.
    No one needs to worry about BlackBerry regarding consumer goods anymore. So it's all quite irrelevant.
    06-16-17 08:05 AM
    I have two Keyones from different markets and don't have the updates since April. doesn't bother me as long as the device is secure, but i mean they are the ones announcing the release at the beginning of the month, but very few people seem to be getting them, is this some sort of a PR stunt?
    Pretty close... ask blaze
    06-16-17 09:11 AM
    No one needs to worry about BlackBerry regarding consumer goods anymore. So it's all quite irrelevant.
    Huh?
    06-16-17 09:12 AM
    Huh?
    Blackberry has no consumer products anymore.

Going forward, even Blackberry Android only has 3 corporate customers (licencees).
    06-16-17 09:16 AM
    Huh, esplain Lucy
    06-16-17 09:59 AM
    Huh, esplain Lucy
    I don't know what you're asking.
    06-16-17 11:08 AM
    It was two months - they missed the november and december patches and got the udpate in January for January.
    06-16-17 12:09 PM
    It was two months - they missed the november and december patches and got the udpate in January for January.
    Did this for another question:

/blackberry-dtek50-f454/june-security-patch-dtek50-1111121-post12925843/
    06-16-17 12:38 PM
    i stand corrected - I just remembered the title of the thread 2 months behind loll.

But you're right - it was never a full two months behind. Just a month behind over two months and then January it was up to date.
    06-16-17 02:41 PM
    Basically they don't care
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-17-17 01:06 PM
    For all intents and purposes, there is no BlackBerry anymore... just an entity that stole the name and now runs a hedge fund under that stolen name.

And there really is no Crackberry either... just a collection of planted shills making excuses for said scam.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-18-17 06:08 PM
    For all intents and purposes, there is no BlackBerry anymore... just an entity that stole the name and now runs a hedge fund under that stolen name.

And there really is no Crackberry either... just a collection of planted shills making excuses for said scam.
    What should BlackBerry do then with BlackBerry Radar, BlackBerry UEM and Mobility Suite, AtHoc, SecureSmart, and QNX Auto, which are all showing good profits and growth potential?
    06-18-17 08:31 PM
    Another day, still no June update for the DTEK60. I know I am making a bigger deal about this than is probably necessary, but it still makes me mad. They said two weeks ago that all phones from ShopBlackBerry would get the June update. Yet this phone has not. They claim to be the most secure, yet my phone is not updated.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    06-19-17 09:53 AM
    Another day, still no June update for the DTEK60. I know I am making a bigger deal about this than is probably necessary, but it still makes me mad. They said two weeks ago that all phones from ShopBlackBerry would get the June update. Yet this phone has not. They claim to be the most secure, yet my phone is not updated.
    You're not making a big deal for nothing, don't claim to be the most secured when you don't deliver security updates.
    kbz1960 and crackberry_geek like this.
    06-19-17 11:20 AM
257 12345 ...