Maybe they are working on Oreo update for the Dteks 💩😹
    Why Oreo, it's gonna be Pie
    09-05-18 09:30 AM
    Why Oreo, it's gonna be Pie
    As in 'pie in the sky' (ie: it ain't gonna happen, for sure!!)
    09-05-18 12:56 PM
    But BlackBerry and TCL agreed that the DTEK series became TCL's responsibility again somewhere in 2017 (when the KEYone and Motion came on the market).

I can relate tot the end of support argument, but in the end my belief is that TCL are responsible for all BlackBerry Android phones, except the Priv. And if updates are not coming anymore wouldn't it just be polite to say so?
    More than polite, HONEST would be my choice of words!!
    09-05-18 12:57 PM
    More than polite, HONEST would be my choice of words!!
    Well, I guess they lack at least a certain amount of transparency about it...
    09-06-18 12:11 AM
    Well, I guess they lack at least a certain amount of transparency about it...
    Sadly, BB/BBMo/TCL do themselves no favours by treating customers like this.
    Basically, I would probably purchase from a company that at least was honest enough to admit they were no longer going to support 'legacy' equipment, from a set date, than just leave people guessing...
    September 5 has now gone, and there is NOTHING later than JUNE 5th updates.
    The silence from BB/BBMo/TCL shows the utter contempt they have for the very people they expect to shell out for their wares time and time again.
    Poor quality kit, poor quality service...there are many, many better phones, with far better customer service out there..
    09-06-18 07:08 AM
    It's been 26 months since the DTEK50 launched and 22 months since the DTEK60 launched, I wouldn't be surprised if TCL/BB stopped caring about updating it, if they did care then it might not still be on Marshmallow.
    09-06-18 07:13 AM
    It's been 26 months since the DTEK50 launched and 22 months since the DTEK60 launched, I wouldn't be surprised if TCL/BB stopped caring about updating it, if they did care then it might not still be on Marshmallow.
    I see them offering a Sep patch, and then making it official.
    09-06-18 07:20 AM
    I see them offering a Sep patch, and then making it official.
    I don't see either, but if I had to guess which one is likelier it would be one final security patch. BB Ltd has already washed its hands of the DTEK experiment, and while they seemingly passed the torch to TCL, from browsing the BB Mobile support website nobody appears to have told them.
    09-06-18 07:24 AM
    I don't see either, but if I had to guess which one is likelier it would be one final security patch. BB Ltd has already washed its hands of the DTEK experiment, and while they seemingly passed the torch to TCL, from browsing the BB Mobile support website nobody appears to have told them.
    09-06-18 08:19 AM
    while your at it, wait for 10.4..its coming
    09-07-18 08:57 AM
    two years completed for dtek series smartphones
    and BlackBerry says bye bye to dtek users
    09-10-18 10:20 PM
    two years completed for dtek series smartphones
    and BlackBerry says bye bye to dtek users
    Where does it say that??
    Nothing official, (typical BB, silence is the best policy)
    Accept that Dteks have reached their '2 year life' but...WHY do they not SAY SOMETHING!!!
    They officially 'ended' the Priv life with an official press release, and telling users when the last update would be....

Sadly, this does not make BB/BBMo/TCL look good, and does not bode well for further phones, as they will just 'disappear' as well rather than be officially 'end of lifed'

No way will I ever purchase anything BB badged in future... Surely it costs nothing to make an official announcement, giving the last update and the termination date, does it??

Gutless BB, gutless TCL, gutless BBMo...
    Why continue to purchase from manufacturer that treats you like so much 'trash', and an experimental squad for their 'next poor offering' ??
    09-11-18 03:52 AM
    obsolescence days period
    09-11-18 04:12 AM
    Hi i was in contact with Blackberry mobile and it sounds like there update support is 2 years from release date ( which by the way is what most other manufacturers are Google, Samsung etc)
    this is what they sent me.
    "Hello,

We thank you for communicating with our BlackBerry® Mobile Care and for your interest in our products!

Both the DTEK60 and the BlackBerry Motion are scheduled to receive security patches, if necessary, for as long as 2 years after the release date of the device.

Therefore, the time frame is nearly over for the DTEK60, however you would still receive updates on the BlackBerry Motion for a bit over a year still.

Your case will be set as 'Resolved' as of now from our end since there's no further steps to be taken on our side. Should you have any further questions or issues regarding any other subject, feel free to contact us at the phone numbers available through the link at the bottom, or start a new inquiry via email.

Thank you for choosing BlackBerry Mobile as your daily communication device.

Regards,
    BlackBerry® Mobile Care
    https://blackberrymobile.com/hotline...ervice-center/ "
    09-12-18 09:54 PM
    As a phone on the Android Enterprise Recommend list, shouldn't the Motion be providing a "minimum of three years" security updates?

https://www.androidcentral.com/andro...se-recommended
    09-15-18 11:32 AM
    As a phone on the Android Enterprise Recommend list, shouldn't the Motion be providing a "minimum of three years" security updates?

https://www.androidcentral.com/andro...se-recommended
    Assuming TCL isn't paying lip service, yes.
    09-15-18 11:59 AM
    Tcl is chenning BB customers....!!! Poor Bb!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-18 06:00 PM
    It’s simply obsolescence
    09-15-18 08:22 PM
    Hi i was in contact with Blackberry mobile and it sounds like there update support is 2 years from release date ( which by the way is what most other manufacturers are Google, Samsung etc)
    "Hello,

We thank you for communicating with our BlackBerry Mobile Care and for your interest in our products!

Both the DTEK60 and the BlackBerry Motion are scheduled to receive security patches, if necessary, for as longemoji1ears after the release date of the device.

Therefore, the time frame is nearly over for the DTEK60, however you would still receive updates on the BlackBerry Motion for a bit over a year still.

Your case will be set as 'Resolved' as of now from our end since there's no further steps to be taken on our side. Should you have any further questions or issues regarding any other subject, feel free to contact us at the phone numbers available through the link at the bottom, or start a new inquiry via email.

Regards,
    BlackBerry Mobile Care
    This is going to be fun. BlackBerry Mobile Care says two years of updates for the Motion in your email, but BlackBerry Mobile also said that the Motion, Keyone, and Key2 are on the Android Enterprise recommended list. Google says you have to commit to three years of updates to be on that list. Is BlackBerry Mobile already trying to weasel their way out of the commitment, or did this BlackBerry Mobile rep just make a mistake. Ladies and gentlemen, please place your bets. . Conite, please get in on this one. Haha.
    Last edited by Jake2826; 09-20-18 at 03:03 AM.
    09-20-18 02:19 AM
    "Hello,

We thank you for communicating with our BlackBerry® Mobile Care and for your interest in our products!

Both the DTEK60 and the BlackBerry Motion are scheduled to receive security patches, if necessary, for as long as 2 years after the release date of the device.

Regards,
    BlackBerry® Mobile Care

The Dtek50 was released in August, 2016, the Dtek60 in October, and were supposed to get 2 years worth of updates.
    Therefore, 2 years from date of release, should be AUGUST 2018 for Dtek50, and October 2018 for Dtek60.
    NEITHER has received anything since JUNE.... 2 months short for the 50, and 3 for the 60 (so far and if nothing for Setember/october, will be 5!!)
    Fantastic 'commitment' there from BB, yet they expect you to believe they will 'honour' any other 'promises'?? made for new phones??
    Just how naive can some people be?? BB has reneged on the Dteks, and will do just the same for the motion, and probably the Keys1/2 as well..
    A leopard never changes it's spots. It may disguise itself by hiding in the undergrowth, but it's still a leopard underneath....
    09-20-18 08:17 AM
    The Dtek50 was released in August, 2016, the Dtek60 in October, and were supposed to get 2 years worth of updates.
    Therefore, 2 years from date of release, should be AUGUST 2018 for Dtek50, and October 2018 for Dtek60.
    NEITHER has received anything since JUNE.... 2 months short for the 50, and 3 for the 60 (so far and if nothing for Setember/october, will be 5!!)
    Fantastic 'commitment' there from BB, yet they expect you to believe they will 'honour' any other 'promises'?? made for new phones??
    Just how naive can some people be?? BB has reneged on the Dteks, and will do just the same for the motion, and probably the Keys1/2 as well..
    A leopard never changes it's spots. It may disguise itself by hiding in the undergrowth, but it's still a leopard underneath....
    Different phones and different seller. I’ve received consistent updates and even OS update to Oreo from BBMo/TCL with KEYone. I received no OS update for either DTEK although in fairness the DTEK were purchased from different OEM, BB Ltd. Shortly thereafter, BB Ltd exited the hardware business.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 09-20-18 at 01:21 PM.
    ferrcad likes this.
    09-20-18 08:57 AM
    Different phones and different seller. I’ve received consistent updates and even OS update to Oreo from BBMo/TCL. I received no OS update for either DTEK although in fairness the DTEK were purchased from different OEM, BB Ltd. Shortly thereafter, BB Ltd exited the hardware business.
    Upgrade for DTEK phones in july and august??
    09-20-18 12:31 PM
    Upgrade for DTEK phones in july and august??
    Sorry I omitted the word, KEYone. I went back and fixed that so it makes sense.
    09-20-18 01:22 PM
    Sorry I omitted the word, KEYone. I went back and fixed that so it makes sense.
    Pfew... Here I was , thinking BBMobile had done me wrong, so wrong...
    09-20-18 01:30 PM
    Pfew... Here I was , thinking BBMobile had done me wrong, so wrong...
    Ohh they have, because you should have had updates from them, because Dtek60 is not 2 years old until October....so they have 'done you out of ' July, August and September updates....
    Broken promises AGAIN, yet, STILL people 'trust' them.......
    09-20-18 03:45 PM
69 123