Anyone know when the next update will be? They missed July. Wondering about Aug?
    08-08-18 01:49 PM
    Been wondering the same thing...
    08-09-18 10:53 AM
    I can't believe I'm still on May!!
    08-11-18 09:25 PM
    You and me both. I just replaced the battery myself. Very easy to do. Just wish they'd give us DTEK60 owners a little more TLC.
    08-12-18 08:30 AM
    You and me both. I just replaced the battery myself. Very easy to do. Just wish they'd give us DTEK60 owners a little more TLC.
    I replaced the battery in my Dtek50. Works great now and has June update.
    The Dtek60 is a replacement, so battery should be good for a while.
    Too bad. The 60 is probably the best BB out there!!
    08-12-18 09:25 AM
    Dtek60 has clearly gone out of company interest. I don't see any effort to this device at all. all you are left with is to buy the new Key2 and have the same treatment in one year from now. this is how things works with BlackBerry now.
    08-13-18 03:29 AM
    Anyone know when the next update will be? They missed July. Wondering about Aug?
    I thought I saw that the July update was perhaps released somewhere only to find that it caused the DTek60 some real problems. They stopped the update and I'm guessing they are troubleshooting and testing why the update caused a problem.
    08-15-18 04:59 AM
    feels good to know that I am not the only one sailing the same boat 😁😁
    still on June update with bad battery performance
    08-17-18 03:04 AM
    feels good to know that I am not the only one sailing the same boat

Same here... My battery life has worsened since the June update.
    But I think I'll manage for another 3 months. Then I'll buy the KEY2.
    08-17-18 04:03 AM
    Same... and here we are September 2nd.

Also, I agree with your other comment that the DTEK60 is probably the best BB to date.
    OTCHRussell and vishesh batra like this.
    09-02-18 12:25 PM
    Same... and here we are September 2nd.

Also, I agree with your other comment that the DTEK60 is probably the best BB to date.
    Definitely. Dtek60 to me is the pound for pound best BlackBerry Android in my book.
    aodash likes this.
    09-03-18 12:08 AM
    feels good to know that I am not the only one sailing the same boat ������������
    So no July, no August, and, looks like no September either.....nothing from BB either, obviously keeping a low profile...
    Would rather they broke cover, did the decent thing and announced there would be no more support from BB (It's been poor at best, anyway, to be honest!!)
    They at least had the balls to do that for the Priv!!.. but can't even be honest enough to do it for the Dteks...
    elfabio80 likes this.
    09-03-18 02:47 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry thinks those July/August security updates are non issue to DTEK60 given its the hardened kernel.
    09-04-18 06:20 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry thinks those July/August security updates are non issue to DTEK60 given its the hardened kernel.
    So don't the Keyone & 2 have the same 'hardened kernel?? Assume that they would have, and it appears they have had July & August 'updates' ..

Think the TRUTH is, BB don't have the balls to admit they no longer want to be associated with the Dteks............
    Wish they would be HONEST and tell us though, rather than leave us guessing. More likely to buy from a 'truthfull' company, than one who 'strings you along' than hides behind a wall of silence..
    If they treat Dtek owners like this, what's to say that Key1/2 owners don't get the same treatment in a year or so??
    09-04-18 08:17 AM
    If they treat Dtek owners like this, what's to say that Key1/2 owners don't get the same treatment in a year or so??
    Because they are made by two unrelated companies.
    09-04-18 08:20 AM
    UPDATES, conite, we are talking about getting updates..BB supply them, not BBMo/TCL, so basically, it's down to BB to supply the updates for ALL the phones, Dteks and Key's and nothing to do with the makers of the handsets..
    Updates are SOFTWARE....not HARDWARE...
    09-04-18 08:25 AM
    UPDATES, conite, we are talking about getting updates..BB supply them, not BBMo/TCL, so basically, it's down to BB to supply the updates for ALL the phones, Dteks and Key's and nothing to do with the makers of the handsets..
    Updates are SOFTWARE....not HARDWARE...
    TCL pays BlackBerry for updates. BlackBerry supplies as long as TCL pays.

As a matter of fact, apart from the kernel work, TCL does most of the software now.
    09-04-18 08:28 AM
    So don't the Keyone & 2 have the same 'hardened kernel?? Assume that they would have, and it appears they have had July & August 'updates' ..

Think the TRUTH is, BB don't have the balls to admit they no longer want to be associated with the Dteks............
    Wish they would be HONEST and tell us though, rather than leave us guessing. More likely to buy from a 'truthfull' company, than one who 'strings you along' than hides behind a wall of silence..
    Well, maybe you are right.

But DTEKs are in Android 6 whereas KEYon and KEY2 are on Android 7 or 8 already. So their security fixes may not be applicable to DTEKs.

At least the BlackBerry Hub+ apps are still being updated for DTEKs.
    09-04-18 08:28 AM
    Well, maybe you are right.

But DTEKs are in Android 6 whereas KEYon and KEY2 are on Android 7 or 8 already. So their security fixes may not be applicable to DTEKs.

At least the BlackBerry Hub+ apps are still being updated for DTEKs.
    As far as I'm concerned, the only issue with regards to updates for the DTEKs are whether or not we're at the end of the support period.

The DTEK50 made it to two years, but the DTEK60 hasn't.
    09-04-18 08:42 AM
    As far as I'm concerned, the only issue with regards to updates for the DTEKs are whether or not we're at the end of the support period.

The DTEK50 made it to two years, but the DTEK60 hasn't.
    As I said in a previous post,
    WHY don't BB/BBMo/TCL man up and at least SAY something..
    They were quick enough to do so for the Priv...
    At least have the decency to be HONEST, and let people know, instead of hiding behind a wall of silence..
    It doesn't exactly cost anything to make an announcement now, does it??
    I refuse to purchase more equipment from a company that refuses to even talk to its customers!!
    09-04-18 10:31 AM
    I refuse to purchase more equipment from a company that refuses to even talk to its customers!!
    Perfect, as BlackBerry has none left to sell you.
    09-04-18 10:39 AM
    Huh? Afaik the DTEK'S were rebranded Alcatel Idol phones. Built by TCL...
    09-04-18 01:48 PM
    Huh? Afaik the DTEK'S were rebranded Alcatel Idol phones. Built by TCL...
    They are still BlackBerry phones, and subject to what BlackBerry decided to offer in terms of support.

Yes, they contracted TCL to build the phones for them. Yes, they have made a deal with TCL to see technical support out to whatever end-date that BlackBerry initially chose.
    09-04-18 01:52 PM
    They are still BlackBerry phones, and subject to what BlackBerry decided to offer in terms of support.

Yes, they contracted TCL to build the phones for them. Yes, they have made a deal with TCL to see technical support out to whatever end-date that BlackBerry initially chose.
    But BlackBerry and TCL agreed that the DTEK series became TCL's responsibility again somewhere in 2017 (when the KEYone and Motion came on the market).

I can relate tot the end of support argument, but in the end my belief is that TCL are responsible for all BlackBerry Android phones, except the Priv. And if updates are not coming anymore wouldn't it just be polite to say so?
    09-04-18 01:59 PM
    Maybe they are working on Oreo update for the Dteks 💩😹
    09-05-18 12:08 AM
69 123