02-10-18 05:30 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    Lol. Guys, get used to that. You and me are officially guinea pigs for BBMo in testing their Android.

I cannot even say that I pity the fact that I got my DTEK60. Now I can with evidence on hands advertise around that ALL Androids, including Android 6.0 by BlackBerry are a load of b...

I am now a rather strongly specialized adviser to local regional authorities(total population around 1 500 000+), and I am about to start a campaign of suggesting that state people'd better refrained from using Android for work purposes at all. I am not too happy that BlackBerry will be everywhere on air in people talks on the matter, but that's the way life is. So be it.

Z30 >> DTEK60
    But if people are using BYOD or corporate phones, don't employers usually provide secure environment like BB UEM/MDM or Knox for Android/IOS?
    02-08-18 06:33 AM
    Like most of you guys even I got the Jan update skipping the December one and had to work around to get it installed. But I noticed a bit lag in the phone after the update. Is anyone else experiencing the same ? How can it be rectified ?
    No lag on mine.

The only resolution is to clear the storage cache and reboot, and, if not resolved, do a factory reset.
    vishesh batra likes this.
    02-08-18 07:29 AM
    Wow. Botched updates, workarounds for getting updates. I thought I had accidentally logged into Windows Central.
    Hey now....my Lumia950DS works beautifully...and I get more frequent, cleaner updates than the Dtek60. And it's seen more often as a prop on early 21st century sitcoms.
    02-08-18 08:03 AM
    Like most of you guys even I got the Jan update skipping the December one and had to work around to get it installed. But I noticed a bit lag in the phone after the update. Is anyone else experiencing the same ? How can it be rectified ?
    Mine acted up a little bit after the update, but a 32 seconds restart corrected it. It's working normally now.

I always leave the updates to night time, letting the phones sit still overnight (without opening or updating any apps), and in the next morning I clear the cache and do a 32 seconds restart. It may be just OCD, but so far no problems
    vishesh batra likes this.
    02-08-18 11:06 AM
    Good news.

AAU659 and AAU660 Feb5 patches for DTEK50 and 60 today. No workarounds required.
    02-09-18 01:08 PM
    Finally got an update to January ! I had to do the Google play service dance but got one. T-Mobile in the US with a shop blackberry DTEK60.
    02-09-18 07:00 PM
    January update has arrived on Singtel in Singapore -- along with the 'verification problem'. After applying the Play Services trick, the update seems to be working fine.
    02-10-18 05:30 PM
82 ... 234