Last i checked they were openly traded. They should care.
    Since leaving hardware behind, share price is up over 50%. Their behavior is supported and rewarded. Can we think of the next reason they should care?
    01-24-18 10:40 AM
    Since leaving hardware behind, share price is up over 50%. Their behavior is supported and rewarded. Can we think of the next reason they should care?
    You just finished answering your own question in the previous post, and now you ask the question? Are we playing Jeopardy here? They swept the DTEK update disaster under the rug by hiding behind the "we are no longer in hardware" card. However, the update rollout pattern and OS upgrade road map with the Keyone and Motion are matching the Priv and DTEK series stride for stride. Fool me once... etc.
    HughJarsse, Joemcbb and Mecca EL like this.
    01-24-18 10:47 AM
    You just finished answering your own question in the previous post, and now you ask the question? Are we playing Jeopardy here? They swept the DTEK update disaster under the rug by hiding behind the "we are no longer in hardware" card. However, the update rollout pattern and OS upgrade road map with the Keyone and Motion are matching the Priv and DTEK series stride for stride. Fool me once... etc.
    But the share price of BB now has nothing to do with another company's devices. Analysts focus is now on automobile software. They don't care about BBMo/TCL. It's not relevant to analysts projections.
    01-24-18 10:51 AM
    the update rollout pattern and OS upgrade road map with the Keyone and Motion are matching the Priv and DTEK series stride for stride.
    How so?
    01-24-18 11:49 AM
    My KEYᵒⁿᵉ gets the monthly updates within a day or so right after those are announced available here on Crackberry. My KEYᵒⁿᵉ received January update yesterday.
    01-24-18 11:55 AM
    My KEYᵒⁿᵉ gets the monthly updates within a day or so right after those are announced available here on Crackberry. My KEYᵒⁿᵉ received January update yesterday.
    You are one of the 'lucky few' then.
    Perhaps you haven't seen the many posts from others who have not received any updates at all!!
    As I have said previously, it appears that if the 'favoured few' get their updates, then the rest of us are 'wrong' because we haven't!!
    Large numbers of Keyone's are STILL not up to date, read the posts regarding it....
    Dtek's STILL waiting for DECEMBER updates,
    The whole 'security updates' thing is a farce....piecemeal, absolutely NO organisation regarding it's delivery... Conite's 'regional certification doesn't even hold water, because 2 identical Dtek 50's, both unlocked from the same supplier (only purchased weeks apart) one got December update a few days after Christmas, the other is STILL WAITING. We are both in UK, both unlocked, both using same network!!

Explanations please?
    rcab likes this.
    01-24-18 01:33 PM
    You are one of the 'lucky few' then.
    Perhaps you haven't seen the many posts from others who have not received any updates at all!!
    All KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motions are on either Dec or Jan patch (except the three Canadian carriers that have the Jan KEYᵒⁿᵉ update up on the server for imminent OTA release).
    01-24-18 01:48 PM
    Conite's 'regional certification doesn't even hold water...
    That was not a catch-all reason. It's just one of the many reasons why things get hung up.
    01-24-18 01:49 PM
    01-24-18 02:35 PM
    Why is BlackBerry failing with these updates? I have the same issue with my DTEK60. Makes me want to buy a different phone!
    Joemcbb likes this.
    01-24-18 07:47 PM
    Why is BlackBerry failing with these updates? I have the same issue with my DTEK60. Makes me want to buy a different phone!
    Well, if monthly security updates are a priority for you, then I wouldn't recommend Samsung either.. At least, my S7 Edge doesn't get them monthly (unlocked, in Brazil)
    And to be honest, the GPS glitch or the delays on the DTEK60 don't really bother me (and I'm still waiting for the December one)
    01-24-18 08:07 PM
    It is what it is.

You spent more time typing your post than it takes to revert Google Play Services as per the instructions.

I would suspect that the update mechanism they use is based on older software, but they aren't going to re-engineer the process since M updates will be ending soon anyway.
    Conite can you share why these updates are ending soon...how long do I have to make another phone choice in other words. Who determines that they end soon? TCL?
    01-24-18 10:06 PM
    Conite can you share why these updates are ending soon...how long do I have to make another phone choice in other words. Who determines that they end soon? TCL?
    Frankly, I doubt we'll see M being patched beyond the spring or early summer. But it's hard to say for sure.
    pgg101 likes this.
    01-24-18 10:13 PM
    Still on November here myself, and the workaround doesn't work for me. I'm not sure if the ones that are getting updates were on the BlackBerry DTEK60 beta or not, but that's the only logic I can think of why some of us aren't getting updates. My original device that was registered on the beta got updates right away. The device I have now was a replacement due to the battery lasting 2 hours.

I called BBMo support and they claim November was the last update they released and there will be none going forward. I referred to the KB from the BlackBerry site and the OS build list here on CrackBerry (since that is the BBMo support forum now apparently) and was told that those updates do not exist essentially as BBMo never released them. I asked for confirmation in writing and the email I received is below..

Thank you for your recent contact with BlackBerry® Customer Support.

We have confirmed your device updates and we registered your IMEI number for any future updates that will be released if any. As we confirmed for now your device is currently up to date with the build number AAQ934.

The websites links have been passed on to be investigated and once we have any new system updates with the check ins you have processed and the IMEI registered you will be one of the first to be informed.

Thank you for choosing BlackBerry. We hope to hear from you soon.
    01-25-18 03:38 PM
    Maybe we should start to figure this out.

Using "adb shell getprop" over USB, my DTEK60 NA model is PRD-63036-001. I get updates the second they come out.

Let's gather the various PRDs.

Think I'll start a new thread.

/blackberry-dtek50-f454/dtek50-dtek60-device-variants-1135842/
    Last edited by conite; 01-25-18 at 04:16 PM.
    01-25-18 03:57 PM
    Wow. Botched updates, workarounds for getting updates. I thought I had accidentally logged into Windows Central.
    02-02-18 09:46 PM
    Here's my question : IF I ever get Dec/Jan/Feb updates, I will follow Conite's workaround, and hopefully it will work. How would someone not on CB know what to do? Or is there no one with a Dtek60 not on CB?

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    02-03-18 06:07 PM
    Here's my question : IF I ever get Dec/Jan/Feb updates, I will follow Conite's workaround, and hopefully it will work. How would someone not on CB know what to do? Or is there no one with a Dtek60 not on CB?

Probably Google search and stumble upon CB or call a BB support number.
    02-03-18 06:18 PM
    Still not get in India sir.... Any news?
    02-05-18 05:28 AM

A link to the instructions are included on the update screen.
    02-05-18 08:20 AM
    A link to the instructions are included on the update screen.
    I believe he's referring to the fact the phone doesn't show an update available.

Dtek60 - No update showing, Nov update installed last year. Already tried uninstalling google services and rebooting before giving up and reinstalling the google updates.
    Dtek50 - Upgraded from Sept to Nov updates TODAY after doing google services uninstall.

I was expecting the January update, not capped at Nov.

I'm in Canada, but also couldn't get update detected when I tried a US VPN.
    02-05-18 06:30 PM
    I believe he's referring to the fact the phone doesn't show an update available.

Dtek60 - No update showing, Nov update installed last year. Already tried uninstalling google services and rebooting before giving up and reinstalling the google updates.
    Dtek50 - Upgraded from Sept to Nov updates TODAY after doing google services uninstall.

I was expecting the January update, not capped at Nov.

I'm in Canada, but also couldn't get update detected when I tried a US VPN.
    VPNs won't help - updates are variant-based and not geographic-based.

Nothing checks better than a simple *#*#checkin#*#* on the dialer.
    02-05-18 06:32 PM
    VPNs won't help - updates are variant-based and not geographic-based.

Nothing checks better than a simple *#*#checkin#*#* on the dialer.
    uh, what is the expected response after dialing that? Nothing appeared to happen... on the Dtek50 without sim, it says "emergency calls only" and on Dtek60 with sim, it just removed the number as if ready to accept a new number to be entered.

Edit: Dropdown status had a "checkin successful" on both. Neither show any new update on About phone.
    02-05-18 06:39 PM
    uh, what is the expected response after dialing that? Nothing appeared to happen... on the Dtek50 without sim, it says "emergency calls only" and on Dtek60 with sim, it just removed the number as if ready to accept a new number to be entered.

Edit: Dropdown status had a "checkin successful" on both. Neither show any new update on About phone.
    It will trigger an update if one is available for you specific sub-model variant.
    BCITMike likes this.
    02-05-18 07:03 PM
    finally get in India today
    02-06-18 06:01 AM
82 1234