Read my post #20
    My choices are Sign In, Scan Photos, Settings, Send Feedback, Help, but then I'm not signed in, so I'm assuming that the Device Folders only shows when you are signed in and saving to the cloud.
    02-08-17 07:25 PM
    My choices are Sign In, Scan Photos, Settings, Send Feedback, Help, but then I'm not signed in, so I'm assuming that the Device Folders only shows when you are signed in and saving to the cloud.
    It doesn't have anything to do with saving to the cloud. You seem to be fixated on this.
    02-08-17 07:46 PM
    Where do you see "Device Folders"? Are you using Google Photos? When I open it and choose Photos, I see folder names above groups of my thumbnails. If I open an image in the Camera folder and I press the white circle with an "i" in it (Information), it shows the image file location as /storage/0123-4567/DCIM/Camera/.
    Yes its google photos app, when I click on three bars on top left, I see this and 2nd pic shows what I see when I click on device folders

02-08-17 07:57 PM
    It doesn't have anything to do with saving to the cloud. You seem to be fixated on this.
    And the explanation as to why I don't have a "Device Folders" item is simply because I'm not signed in?
    02-08-17 07:59 PM
    Yes its google photos app, when I click on three bars on top left, I see this and 2nd pic shows what I see when I click on device folders
    So then, after you tap on a single image in Camera to fill the screen, you should be able to choose "i" for information to see details about that image including the folder location.
    02-08-17 08:17 PM
    So then, after you tap on a single image in Camera to fill the screen, you should be able to choose "i" for information to see details about that image including the folder location.
    So I cant tell if internal or external unless I click on info on each photo? Ack

Will just use piktures
    02-08-17 09:40 PM
    And the explanation as to why I don't have a "Device Folders" item is simply because I'm not signed in?
    Could be. But I think I remember that you posted earlier about using another pictures app. Perhaps that's interfering with the Google Photos app. Of course, you could just sign in and see what happens.
    02-08-17 09:41 PM
    So I cant tell if internal or external unless I click on info on each photo? Ack

Will just use piktures
    Give Piktures as try. By using the Info function, you can check your most recent photos to see where they are being saved.
    As misterabrasive has suggested, since, since Piktures is my default image browser, it looks like the images I'm seeing in Google Photos are actually opening in Piktures, so I can't be any more help with Google Photos.
    02-08-17 10:29 PM
    My problem is that I have my SD card set as my external storage however when I take a photo it saves it to my internal storage AND my SD card. My camera is set to saving photos to my SD card. When I delete the photo from my internal storage it also gets deleted from my SD card.

This is happening in settings (storage and USB) as well as Solid Explorer.

Very confusing.
    02-12-17 10:28 AM
    You should all consider moving everything off your external Micro SD card somewhere safe and formatting and installing your External Micro SD card. Samsung doesn't allow their phones to do this for whatever reason, and Pixels don't have SD card slots so we're at an advantage.

internal storage and SD card - so confusing-internal_memory1.png

I don't have separate folders anymore for internal and external pictures and what not and my phone treats my external card as internal storage. Bought a Sandisk 128GB U3 Micro SD and have a 160GB phone of "internal storage"

The only downside is it will encrypt the SD Card so you can't pop it out and pop it into other things but I didn't plan to do that anyway.

02-12-17 11:56 AM
    Yes but how does one tell which are internal or SD?
    Best way i find is using piktures. Great app and each folder that is saved on SD card has a little SD card logo on it. It's simple a d allows you to move pictures around.
    02-12-17 11:58 AM
    Punbb,
    Try this: open Solid Explorer, click on the "hamburger menu" ( 3 lines in the top left corner). Listed under Storages, you should see "Internal Memory" and "SD Card".
    Select Internal Memory. By default your most recent camera pictures will be in the folder called Camera inside the DCIM Folder, unless you have changed it to your SD Card.
    Hit the Hamburger Menu again and this time choose SD Card. If your camera pictures are stored on your SD Card, you should see another DCIM folder with a Camera Folder inside it.

Root Folder just means the main or top folder level.

I suggest you install the Piktures app from the Google Play Store. It automatically scans both your Internal Memory and SD Card to locate all your pictures and images and should make it easier for you to browse and organize your pictures once you get used to how it works.
    Bbjam - thanks so much. I did what you suggested and it looks like the setting I hoped for (photo only on the sd card) is what I saw. Here are some pics:

Attachment 417533Attachment 417532
    Attached Thumbnails internal storage and SD card - so confusing-33343.jpg  
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    02-15-17 05:50 PM
    File Manager in BB10 was so simple!! Sigh.
    I'm using the Asus file manager, but often have trouble finding things.
    02-16-17 11:36 PM
38 12