After the most recent update, my internal storage is now read only. I can continue to use certain apps, but cannot write new files to storage, download files, take screen shots, or download new apps.

Has anyone else had similar?
    03-08-18 06:56 PM
    After the most recent update, my internal storage is now read only. I can continue to use certain apps, but cannot write new files to storage, download files, take screen shots, or download new apps.

Has anyone else had similar?
    How many apps are you running on this device, and what apps are you running? The os should take up about 8gb...I’m wonder what is hogging up your memory? Where do you store pics and video? Whalen did you clear the cashe last?
    03-08-18 11:16 PM
    I should have added, I also have a 32Gb Samsung Evo Plus formatted as internal storage. So I have a combined total of 64Gb. I am only using about 15Gb of that, and have maybe 15 or so apps installed. I have done all the usual stuff. Cleared cache, uninstalled the Google Play Service updates as per one of BB own troubleshooting guides, uninstalled redundant apps. Nothing seems to work. As such, I am unable to save anything to anywhere on internal storage. So that is pictures, screenshots, downloads etc. Also, once I have uninstalled apps, it won't let me reinstall them again. This all started happening after the latest patch. TBH I've had numerous problems with BB patches. I've had to factory reset my device about 3 times to date, due to it getting into a mess after an update. Looks like this may be reset number 4 coming up
    03-09-18 06:35 AM
    Just to add, the SD seems fine, as I can read from it still. And it gets detected if I plug into a PC, but I cant read it there, due to it being formatted as internal storage. So it seems to be something that's gone wrong with the OS itself?
    03-09-18 06:37 AM
    Just to add, the SD seems fine, as I can read from it still. And it gets detected if I plug into a PC, but I cant read it there, due to it being formatted as internal storage. So it seems to be something that's gone wrong with the OS itself?
    I have faced a similar problem. It is the SD card which when being used as Internal Storage leads to this problem at times. Try operating your device with the sd card un mounted and removed, you should be able to save / write in the device's internal storage. Once you have established this, you can back up your sd card on your PC and then format it and re install it in the device as internal or Portable storage.
    h4ckb3rry likes this.
    03-09-18 12:08 PM
    SD cards write-lock themselves when they detect an error; this, if the card is "adopted" as internal storage, makes the ENTIRE THING read-only!

There's no real fix other than to move what you can back to the internal storage (IF you can in this instance, and you probably can't) and remove it, then replace the card.

You MAY be able to reformat it, but if you can be aware that once you get an error like this on an SD card the odds of it happening again are very high, with the same results. I generally recommend strongly against "adopting" SD cards to internal storage for this reason (you are basically "striping" the media, and the failure of any striped component renders the whole unusable in a striped environment.)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-10-18 09:54 AM
    What tickerguy said, above. Only I'm going to be very blunt about it.
    Get everything off that card that you can, as fast as you can, if you can. Then throw it away.
    Do NOT set the new card up as internal. Store your pics, vids, music and any large data files you might have on the SD, and back it up periodically. There is plenty of regular internal memory in the phone for several boatloads of apps and misc small stuff.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-10-18 06:32 PM