Is it just me, or does the BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard provide some of the most frustratingly daft autocorrects? I completely understand that it "learns" from your typing style etc, but I have to CONSTANTLY go back and edit what it's corrected my words to if I'm typing too fast to swipe my original word up instead of using the suggestion on the space bar.

For example, it will always, no matter what the sentence, change "in" to "on".

"But" will always be "Bur" whatever that is.

However, it won't actually correct genuine typos a lot of the time! There will be a blatant misspelling, like "thr" or "thw" instead of "the" but (literally just had to go back as it corrected to "buy") it will just ignore it and leave it be.

I've gone into the settings and tweaked it a little but no luck. Anyone else have this issue?
    01-16-17 08:24 AM
    Anyone else have this issue?
    Can't say I do.
    01-16-17 09:23 AM
    Can't say I do.
    Hmm I suspected as much. I wonder if it's anything to do (edited from correcting to 'so') with ('within') the swipe keyboard feature: I didn't have this issue (corrected to issues!) before, but then I started using the swipe feature, and since I changed back it just causes so many issues. A friend borrowed my phone to send a text last week and wanted to throw my phone as it took them 10 whole minutes! It's easier for me as I'm used to it
    01-16-17 09:35 AM
    Go to your personal dictionary and remove the misspelled corrections such as 'bur'
    01-16-17 09:37 AM
    I did have some weird suggestions at one point.

I suggest going to settings >>Apps>>BlackBerry keyboard>>storage, and selecting Clear data.
    Last edited by 1122334455667788; 01-20-17 at 12:01 PM.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-16-17 10:17 AM
    I completely disabled the space bar correction as I find the swipe up action to be a little more intuitive
    david7saad likes this.
    01-16-17 10:43 AM
    Is it just me, or does the BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard provide some of the most frustratingly daft autocorrects? I completely understand that it "learns" from your typing style etc, but I have to CONSTANTLY go back and edit what it's corrected my words to if I'm typing too fast to swipe my original word up instead of using the suggestion on the space bar.

However, it won't actually correct genuine typos a lot of the time! There will be a blatant misspelling, like "thr" or "thw" instead of "the" but (literally just had to go back as it corrected to "buy") it will just ignore it and leave it be.

I've gone into the settings and tweaked it a little but no luck. Anyone else have this issue?
    I find that in general the Android BlackBerry keyboard's "auto-suggest" and auto-predict features are inferior to the original BlackBerry OS10 or OS7 versions, particularly when attempting to type a message in two or more languages.
    gritsinct and Davidd419 like this.
    01-16-17 11:14 AM
    I find that in general the Android BlackBerry keyboard's "auto-suggest" and auto-predict features are inferior to the original BlackBerry OS10 or OS7 versions, particularly when attempting to type a message in two or more languages.
    I agree
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    01-16-17 08:08 PM
    I agree. The auto-correct is worse on the DTEK60 than on the BlackBerry 10 devices. It's also simply bad, on an absolute rather than a comparison basis. Way too many auto-correct errors to ridiculous non-words or wrong words and away from the proper word (example, it corrects in to on almost every frigging time).
    01-17-17 12:33 PM
    I agree. The auto-correct is worse on the DTEK60 than on the BlackBerry 10 devices. It's also simply bad, on an absolute rather than a comparison basis. Way too many auto-correct errors to ridiculous non-words or wrong words and away from the proper word (example, it corrects in to on almost every frigging time).
    Indeed, exactly as I said in my first post, in goes to on every single time. With changes to either 'within' or 'withdraw', and withdraw itself changes to withdrawn!

Black changes to BlackBerry..

And so on. It's so strange (this corrected to stranger)

I will do all of the above suggested in previous posts and hopefully it sorts out
    01-18-17 07:09 AM
    Have you try disable keyboard app and enable it again

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 07:19 AM
    Note that this was also the case with my BlackBerry PRIV. The BlackBerry auto suggest keyboard is inferior in an Android environment in general, not just on the DTEK60.

Using the BlackBerry keyboard in OS10 was a joy since the auto suggest and auto correct features functioned accurately and smoothly, particularly important when working in multiple languages.

I found the OS10 keyboard a joy to use since I frequently switch between English and French here in Canada, and the original OS10 BlackBerry keyboard detected the change in language within two words. It would then auto suggest and auto correct accurately in the new language.

Unfortunately, the Android version of the BlackBerry keyboard is vastly inferior on both the Priv and the DTEK60, even when working in a single language.
    practikl and Davidd419 like this.
    01-18-17 12:33 PM

I'm with you. Not sure why the virtual keyboard gets as much praise as it does to be honest. Best typing experience in terms of auto correct is iOS hands down from my experience.
    01-19-17 11:32 AM
    I suspect you typed the mistake a few times, so your phone learned the mistake. I often hit yoi instead of you. If you do it enough, it will think that's a word!!
    01-19-17 06:48 PM
    Mine does the in-to-on or on-to-in thing all the time. You're not alone.
    01-20-17 08:02 AM
    Within the latest couple of updates, mine is suddenly capitalizing the most random words (ie Which, Can, etc)... words that should not be capitalized in the middle of a sentence. It does amuse my friends who know it drives me crazy when I don't catch them. It definitely is slowing down my communication because I have to go fix them all. Strange....
    01-20-17 11:00 AM
    Within the latest couple of updates, mine is suddenly capitalizing the most random words (ie Which, Can, etc)... words that should not be capitalized in the middle of a sentence. It does amuse my friends who know it drives me crazy when I don't catch them. It definitely is slowing down my communication because I have to go fix them all. Strange....
    Hmmmm. I noticed that recently too. Thought it was me!!
    gritsinct likes this.
    01-20-17 11:17 AM
    Same here!
    01-20-17 02:48 PM
    Anyone who is finding the keyboard almost unusable because of weird suggestions/corrections should really try clearing the keyboard data like I suggested above.
    It really helped me.
    01-20-17 02:55 PM
    Furthermore, I'm using Gboard. I love the swipe feature, it is much more accurate then the blackberry one. I also like being able to pick a keyboard colour. Really goes well with the customization in android.
    01-21-17 12:24 AM
    Furthermore, I'm using Gboard. I love the swipe feature, it is much more accurate then the blackberry one. I also like being able to pick a keyboard colour. Really goes well with the customization in android.
    Have you tried swiftkey? I've read many positive reviews but I'm so comfortable with the Blackberry keyboard not sure I want to change.
    01-21-17 08:30 AM
    Have you tried swiftkey? I've read many positive reviews but I'm so comfortable with the Blackberry keyboard not sure I want to change.
    I used it years ago. The one on g board works great for me. No issues.
    01-21-17 11:31 AM
    My patience ran out and migrated to Gboard. Much better!
    01-22-17 08:40 PM
    Even if I'm getting stoned here now, I have to say, now that my Dtek60 is gone for warranty repair, I'm using an iPhone 7 as an interim solution, and for me, typing works much better there.....
    I started with the native kb, then installed Swype, and on both kbs, autocorrect and word recognition felt to be much more accurate than on the Dtek.
    I was already not perfectly happy with the bb kb before giving the Dtek away, which felt strange, as I always believed the bb kbs to be the best by far.
    I also had to turn swiping off on the Dtek, as I thought that it made autocorrect even worse. On the iPhone, swiping works great for me, although its KB is much tinier.
    In general, I still hate typing on glass, with a passion, regardless of iPhone or BB.
    Desperately hoping for the Mercury to arrive soon.......
    01-24-17 03:59 PM
    I am still using my Q10 and write in English and Spanish a lot. Soon switching over to the DTEK60 hoping it'll be a smooth switch.
    01-25-17 10:54 PM
27 12