The IMEI number that is shown on the phone decal that came with the phone is not the same as the IMEI shown in About Phone/Status/IMEI information - which is one digit shorter. My phone stopped working on the AT&T cellular network today and the AT&T store tech had never seen this before. He provided me with a new SIM card and the phone showed an error message. "AT&T has no know provisioning website".

If anyone else out there has an IMEI discrepancy I would appreciate hearing from you.
    11-20-16 05:26 PM
    The extra (15th) digit in the IMEI number is just a checksum digit and can be ignored.
    11-20-16 05:36 PM
    The IMEI number that is shown on the phone decal that came with the phone is not the same as the IMEI shown in About Phone/Status/IMEI information - which is one digit shorter. My phone stopped working on the AT&T cellular network today and the AT&T store tech had never seen this before. He provided me with a new SIM card and the phone showed an error message. "AT&T has no know provisioning website".

If anyone else out there has an IMEI discrepancy I would appreciate hearing from you.
    Note that generally speaking, if a carrier rejects an IMEI number, it is because the device is still registered to a different purchaser who perhaps returned the phone or didn't pay his/her phone bill. Worst case scenario: the IMEI doesn't work because it was cancelled because the device was stolen.
    11-20-16 07:16 PM
    The message is correct and the box has the full number with the checksum but that last digit isn't needed.
    11-20-16 07:43 PM