We've been pretty critical of some low quality image leaks of the dtek60. Myself included. Don't get me wrong, I love all the discussion good or bad this time of year but I thought I'd post a few good quality pics of the other models that share the dtek60's physical appearance. I personally hope they go with the chrome/stainless steel trim vs others. It seems to add more contrast.
    idol 4s/idol 4 pro/tcl 950 pics (a positive post)-alcatel-idol-4s-6.jpg
    idol 4s/idol 4 pro/tcl 950 pics (a positive post)-pro4.png
    idol 4s/idol 4 pro/tcl 950 pics (a positive post)-tcl-950-3.jpg
    RichardAitch likes this.
    09-29-16 05:34 AM
    Reason's why I will take the plunge with this phone:
    -up to date specs (no need to discuss further)
    -sony wide angle camera
    -ideal screen size
    -dual sim (hopefully BB doesn't eliminate it)
    -usb c
    -polished UI (including productivity edge)
    -swipe up to hub (swipe up was removed on other android devices after marshmallow, 3rd party apps don't compare)
    -customizable hardware key
    -timely updates compared to other OEM's (both security and OS )
    -dual front and back speakers
    -finerprint scanner
    -support Canadian company

When you look at the positives, its quite a unique device. Even if it comes in at $699 CAD, it's well below samsung and iphone. Samsung only updates models within the last year promptly, older models get updates usually much later. Iphone is simply too plain for me but does get prompt updates. Others argue that there are cheaper devices with the same specs but they simply don't compare to the software/UI oriented points above. The axon 7 might be the exception here. The zenfone 3 deluxe will likely be very similar in price if it ever comes to Canada but I've discussed with zenphone 2 owners that it's UI is unoriginal and plagued with bugs that rarely get fixed.
    09-29-16 06:15 AM
    -sony wide angle camera
    -ideal screen size
    -usb c
    -swipe up to hub (swipe up was removed on other android devices after marshmallow, 3rd party apps don't compare)
    -finerprint scanner

When you look at the positives, its quite a unique device. Even if it comes in at $699 CAD, it's well below samsung and iphone. Samsung only updates models within the last year promptly, older models get updates usually much later. Iphone is simply too plain for me but does get prompt updates. Others argue that there are cheaper devices with the same specs but they simply don't compare to the software/UI oriented points above. The axon 7 might be the exception here. The zenfone 3 deluxe will likely be very similar in price if it ever comes to Canada but I've discussed with zenphone 2 owners that it's UI is unoriginal and plagued with bugs that rarely get fixed.
    I don't think it will have dual Sim because it's actually a hybrid dual sim (a memory card or 2nd sim card)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-29-16 06:20 AM
    Isn't that there case for all dual sims?
    09-29-16 07:05 AM
    Phone sounds good but I am not buying because its a BlackBerry anymore. It's not.

If it's actually top notch hardware I will consider though as I love the BlackBerry software.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    09-29-16 08:11 AM
    I hate the silver trimming.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 08:26 AM
    I think these pics look good. At first I wasn't crazy about the design, but the more I see it, the more it grows on me.

Not sure I'll take the plunge, but I think it's a positive step for BB. I'm OK with them not manufacturing phones, as long as they still release phones under some BB branding.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    09-29-16 08:45 AM
    No some have true dual sim, although this is still a nice add on. You can technically use zero sd cards and rock two sims. Or you can have one sim and a sd card. Its pretty nice add on than nothing at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-29-16 10:11 AM
    Phone sounds good but I am not buying because its a BlackBerry anymore. It's not.

If it's actually top notch hardware I will consider though as I love the BlackBerry software.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    Hey man look all hardware is very similar nowdays. Think of it like googles nexus/pixel line of phones.

09-29-16 10:13 AM
    We've been pretty critical of some low quality image leaks of the dtek60. Myself included. Don't get me wrong, I love all the discussion good or bad this time of year but I thought I'd post a few good quality pics of the other models that share the dtek60's physical appearance. I personally hope they go with the chrome/stainless steel trim vs others. It seems to add more contrast.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alcatel-idol-4s-6.jpg 
Views:	1343 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	409212

Name:	pro4.png 
Views:	554 
Size:	427.2 KB 
ID:	409213

Name:	tcl-950-3.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	409214
    I got to disagree with you here. The blacked metal trim looks slicker imho.

09-29-16 10:14 AM
    -sony wide angle camera
    -ideal screen size
    -usb c
    -finerprint scanner

You have a point, just don't call it "unique" since is a rebrand of other phone, is everything but unique

It all comes down to the final price
    09-29-16 10:33 AM
    Will get this instead of the Priv. Front camera upgrade alone is good enough. Then the fingerprint scanner. Then faster chip.

Randal Yandal likes this.
    09-30-16 11:42 AM
    I think the phones looks good, but man, I love innovation and a lot of these new phones really don't do it.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 10:01 PM
    Looks like a competitive phone. The only main problem is marshmallow and not nougat. BlackBerry needs to say when and I suppose this is a difficult issue now because they have three different phones to update.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 01:16 AM
    Is it confirmed that it will be hybrid dual sim?

10-01-16 02:38 AM
    For the past 10 years I have had to have a BlackBerry for work due to the PA's using BBM, the immediate effectiveness of it on a global scale and the security of it. In recent times of BlackBerry's decline and the use of BBM as an app on other devices I have tested the iPhone - twice. On both occasions I have reverted to the BlackBerry due to the Hub, the notifications and what I see as the premier OS. The PA's now have iPhones. Some of them have 3 or 4 handsets (don't ask).

In the advent of BlackBerry now allowing the use of BBM, Hub, Calendar etc as apps I then wonder why should I still stick to a BlackBerry when I could have the best of both worlds with a device almost of my choosing and all the apps from BlackBerry? For me, it remains a security ground up issue. A device whereby it is built as a BlackBerry albeit within a shell of another.

Chen has received much backlash for not manufacturing phones anymore but this wasn't his fault. The problem stemmed from RIM not keeping up with the wants of the many. They stuck rigidly to their business model and failed as a result of it. Something had to give. BlackBerry is a business, not a charity. It has to evolve with the times and by introducing what I view as very competitive devices in the DTEK series accommodating those needs of the many whilst at the same time streamlining their business by focusing on what BlackBerry are good at, then as a business, BlackBerry will survive and will remain as a respectable player in the handset market.

The DTEK60 will be the device for me and I look forward to having another BlackBerry where the security is world leading.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 03:59 AM
    For the past 10 years I have had to have a BlackBerry for work due to the PA's using BBM, the immediate effectiveness of it on a global scale and the security of it. In recent times of BlackBerry's decline and the use of BBM as an app on other devices I have tested the iPhone - twice. On both occasions I have reverted to the BlackBerry due to the Hub, the notifications and what I see as the premier OS. The PA's now have iPhones. Some of them have 3 or 4 handsets (don't ask).

In the advent of BlackBerry now allowing the use of BBM, Hub, Calendar etc as apps I then wonder why should I still stick to a BlackBerry when I could have the best of both worlds with a device almost of my choosing and all the apps from BlackBerry? For me, it remains a security ground up issue. A device whereby it is built as a BlackBerry albeit within a shell of another.

Chen has received much backlash for not manufacturing phones anymore but this wasn't his fault. The problem stemmed from RIM not keeping up with the wants of the many. They stuck rigidly to their business model and failed as a result of it. Something had to give. BlackBerry is a business, not a charity. It has to evolve with the times and by introducing what I view as very competitive devices in the DTEK series accommodating those needs of the many whilst at the same time streamlining their business by focusing on what BlackBerry are good at, then as a business, BlackBerry will survive and will remain as a respectable player in the handset market.

The DTEK60 will be the device for me and I look forward to having another BlackBerry where the security is world leading.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you. The difference is that BlackBerry is security focused, that's what they are know for security and software. Another advantage of having a DTEK60 over say a Samsung Note 7 or Galaxy S7 is that BlackBerry releases their os updates almost immediately to their phones and any security patches that Google sends to the OEM'S.

Other OEM'S take their time and some phones don't even see the OS update at all until they upgrade to their next device. This is worth more to me and to others than having non BlackBerry phone with the BlackBerry HUB + suite software on their phone. Timely updates and updates for security patches are what makes BlackBerry stand out from the rest with the exception of Nexus, I think those phones get the updates and security patches very quickly.

From what I read in the forums and online, one plus 3, and other OEM'S are slow to update if they update at all and their customer service is not good. We're talking about Chinese OEM'S. Do you really want those headaches and slow updated and if they update at all. I'd rather stick to BlackBerry who is security focused and quick with os updates and security patches. Without this your phone is vulnerable and I wouldn't want that as others have expressed their frustration with this point.

I honestly can't wait to ge my hands on the DTEK60 to replace my Z30. BlackBerry has a good job bringing the BlackBerry 10 experience to Android and in time It will only get better.

Posted via CB10
    RichardAitch likes this.
    10-01-16 07:23 AM
    Can't help thinking, BlackBerry is about business, business people don't want to look tin pot. This device looks a tad middle of the road in my eyes.
    BlackBerry is for the foreseeable future going to be a niche product. Why not make it an ultra premium product. Should they not be banging on Samsung or HTC's door instead?

Flying the BB10 flag with the wonderful Z30
    10-01-16 10:19 AM
    I hate the silver trimming.

Posted via CB10
    The last photo (with the white and blue gizmo next to it) looks like the phone has gold banding. The second photo shows rose gold and black(?) banding.

10-01-16 12:01 PM
    Will get this instead of the Priv. Front camera upgrade alone is good enough. Then the fingerprint scanner. Then faster chip.

I'd still prefer the Priv at the current discount, even if it's the lesser phone. I just love that glassweave!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 12:07 PM