I dropped my DTEK 60 and broke the screen. Now, it won't turn on. If I hold the power button it tries to, the LED will flash and it will vibrate about every 20 seconds or so. It just does that over and over until battery dies.

I've already ordered a new Motion (Which I'm frustrated that it still shows out of stock on Amazon). I have contacts and calendar auto back up with Google, but ultimately I want to get my phone logs and Text Messages off the old phone.

Any ideas how to access the phone and back up without buying to screen/LCD?

TIA
    01-13-18 06:26 PM
    I suspect you're SOL, the time to put backup into place is before the crash, not after.
    You can try plugging it into a PC, you'll need to download the BB drivers for the PC. I'm not hopeful, as it sounds like the device will not boot.
    01-13-18 08:51 PM
    Yeah, I use to back up that stuff all the time and just ended up with tones of backup files taking up GB's of hard drive space on my PC. I tried plugging into PC, but it won't connect and allow access unless I input the security code... without screen access, I can't do that. I'm wondering, though, if I get a USBC to HDMI cable, can I connect to my TV and do it that way????
    01-13-18 09:38 PM
    Doubt it, unless your TV is touchscreen, the protocols happen to match and the USB / HDMI is two way.
    Going forward, I use an app called Super BackUp and Restore.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...contacts&hl=en
    It backs up SMS, Call logs and contacts, (contacts as a redundant B/U) to SD card, every week and deletes B/U's over 5 of each. Then I back the SD card up to the PC, every, not often enough.
    It supposedly backs up calender and other stuff, and will encrypt your pic and vids backup.But since I've never tried any of that, I can't vouch that it works. It does great on what I do use it for.
    There may be better ones out there, this happened to to be the first I tried, and since it worked, I never checked any others.
    01-14-18 07:03 AM
    Thanks for your help... last question for you. If LCD was broken, would that keep the phone from booting up? Or is it just that likely some other piece of hardware was damaged in the fall?

Thanks again for your help
    01-14-18 08:48 AM
    Hard to say, it's even possible that the screen break caused a short, frying other internals that weren't damaged by the fall itself.
    01-14-18 11:47 AM
    Well, dang. Now I just and wait until my new Motion comes in.

Thanks again for your help.
    01-14-18 04:34 PM