Like my title states I don't get it why canadian carriers haven't announced that there going to sell the Dtek 60?? ,it's a great phone so I don't get it??

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 05:47 AM
    Maybe Blackberry only wants to sell on website. Carrier only seems to carry, sell, or promote iPhone or Samsung. At best buy one of the employees told me that Samsung pays them for every phone they can sell. Maybe Blackberry needs to do the same. But has we know Blackberry doesn't advertise.
    11-14-16 05:59 AM
    Capitalism at its best oh sorry brain washing lol

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 06:29 AM
    BlackBerry didn't bother approaching the carriers with this device.

My guess is that the total number of units is small, and it wasn't worth the effort.
    StormieTwo and John Albert like this.
    11-14-16 06:33 AM
    Given the lower cost, you'd think that a smaller carrier like Wind would carry some limited stock as a differentiator and exclusive.
    11-14-16 07:02 AM
    I don't get why Crackberry has not done a full review. I guess no one cares.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 02:21 PM
    I guess no one cares.

Posted via CB10
    You could be right.
    11-14-16 02:30 PM
    Like I've always said, still waiting for a full video review from Crackberry. I don't get why it's taking so long too. I think BlackBerry should market the DTEK60 aggressively and get all Canadian carriers on board. Imagine the DTEK60 selling well in Canada. That alone would mean a lot.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 03:23 PM
    I don't get why Crackberry has not done a full review. I guess no one cares.
    You could be right.
    Ta-daaa!

BlackBerry DTEK60 review: The best of BlackBerry's secure Android offerings | CrackBerry.com
    Jrox74, fanBBRY and 00stryder like this.
    11-14-16 08:41 PM
    If Telus were selling DTEK60, I'd already have one. I don't buy devices outright typically. Still hoping it happens, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.
    11-14-16 08:45 PM
    If Telus were selling DTEK60, I'd already have one. I don't buy devices outright typically. Still hoping it happens, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.
    Now that you mention it, if Telus did sell them, I would go buy one too.
    I actually just posted my Priv on our local buy and sell...
    11-14-16 09:06 PM
    Yeah i agree it's absolutely shameful. Both blackberry management and Canadian carriers are shameful.
    11-14-16 09:13 PM
    Yeah i agree it's absolutely shameful. Both blackberry management and Canadian carriers are shameful.
    Now that you mention it, if Telus did sell them, I would go buy one too.
    I actually just posted my Priv on our local buy and sell...
    The Pixel XL 128 is $680 on a 2 year premium plan from Telus.

You can buy the DTEK60 outright for less, save on your plan, be factory-unlocked, and not be subject to carrier silliness.
    11-14-16 09:18 PM
    Like my title states I don't get it why canadian carriers haven't announced that there going to sell the Dtek 60?? ,it's a great phone so I don't get it??

Posted via CB10
    Because carriers are crooks.
    11-14-16 09:42 PM
    Telus is a ripoff. The classic is still 450$ lol
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    11-14-16 09:43 PM
    I've been on month to month with Telus since July. Was actually considering the Note 7 to replace my Z10, but now waiting for them to carry the DTEK60. I'm on a corporate account and get $450 towards any device. I don't want to leave that money on the table by purchasing outright from BB or CB (better deal with CB IMHO). Telus has no other devices I'm interested in right now. Really wish they would get on-board with this. They have the 50, so I'm still holding out hope for the 60.
    Elite1 likes this.
    11-14-16 10:16 PM
    I didnt see any BlackBerry's at my local corporate Telus store. A few months ago, there was the Priv, Passport and classic all side by side, last month, the Priv was all alone. Now.... notta

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    11-14-16 10:35 PM
    Yes, it puzzles me why Rogers doesn't have it listed on there site. They have 5 BlackBerry models on there but no Dtek60...Why???
    11-15-16 01:54 AM
    The Pixel XL 128 is $680 on a 2 year premium plan from Telus.

You can buy the DTEK60 outright for less, save on your plan, be factory-unlocked, and not be subject to carrier silliness.
    Yeah no , horrible plans.
    11-15-16 02:21 AM
    The answer is simple. Other than Crackberry, no one knows (or cares) this device (or any future BlackBerry device) exists. In order for Rogers, Bell, etc. to carry this device, they would have to train staff, stock the item, advertise it. Any why? For a device that is proven not able to sell in any quantity? Meaning, if you look at the sales number for devices that Blackberry announces in their earnings, it's clear they aren't selling any devices, so why would a carrier spend the money on it? Sounds like a smart approach.

By the number of threads here on CrackBerry, fan boys, prefer buying everything and anything BlackBerry sells, and they seem to prefer to buy it from shop Blackberry...
    John Albert likes this.
    11-15-16 10:38 AM
    Re train there employees it's an android phone what special training would they require?? Also they sell low end phones your not making any sense sorry will see and wait

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 10:45 AM
    Because its aimed for enterprise...
    11-15-16 11:50 AM
    Because its aimed for enterprise...
    By selling on their website? LOL
    11-15-16 01:07 PM
    I've been on month to month with Telus since July. Was actually considering the Note 7 to replace my Z10, but now waiting for them to carry the DTEK60. I'm on a corporate account and get $450 towards any device. I don't want to leave that money on the table by purchasing outright from BB or CB (better deal with CB IMHO). Telus has no other devices I'm interested in right now. Really wish they would get on-board with this. They have the 50, so I'm still holding out hope for the 60.
    If you're on a Z10 I would strongly recommend you move to the DTEK50 while it's still available. All indication point to Blackberry having run minimum run quantities on these new Android phones, and there is next to no chance of additional production (in my opinion). I went from a Z30 to the DTEK50 through Rogers and it's a great piece of kit. I too was holding out for the carriers to jump onto the DTEK60 train, but after having held a DTEK60 in my hand, I prefer the feel and size of the DTEK50. And don't let people who poo poo the battery life fool you. Once you trim the fat of which apps run in the background, you'll have more than enough juice to get you through even a heavy use day.
    11-15-16 01:24 PM
    Buy a phone through your corporate / Telus $450.00 phone such as an IPhone, sell it on Kijiji and then buy a DTEK60

You get the $450.00 towards your DTEK60 this way.
    StormieTwo and Randal Yandal like this.
    11-15-16 02:59 PM
40 12