This may be a stupid question..
    So do I have to have Gmail signed in and running as well as the hub. Is hub only an App and needs Gmail running in order to work and receive emails etc? Because I get notifications etc and Gmail says I have new emails even though I deleted them in the hub. I noticed if I go to Gmail it shows the email I deleted in the hub, but if I do a refresh there it does update and takes the deleted email away... So do both need to run, I prefer using the hub. Thanks
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    11-03-16 06:10 AM
    So do I have to have Gmail signed in and running as well as the hub. Is hub only an App and needs Gmail running in order to work and receive emails etc? Because I get notifications etc and Gmail says I have new emails even though I deleted them in the hub. I noticed if I go to Gmail it shows the email I deleted in the hub, but if I do a refresh there it does update and takes the deleted email away... So do both need to run, I prefer using the hub. Thanks
    I have had similar issues involving Gmail and me Z30, Passport SE (OS10), and Android Priv.

When using Gmail, make sure to check your settings.

First of all, there maybe a time lag between how you handle messages on the HUB (whether OS10 or Android) and the Gmail app or site itself.

Note that if you delete a Gmail message on the HUB, it may delete all related messages that make up part of the Gmail "conversation" in the app, including related replies.
    11-03-16 06:43 AM
    If you're referring to the Gmail app, then no, you don't need that running if you're getting your Gmail email through the Hub. That could give you the duplicate notifications, and I recall reading a thread where it caused minor issues. I'd delete your account within the Gmail app and use the Hub only.
    11-03-16 08:12 AM
    If the Google account you used to log in to Google is the same as your Gmail account, you are automatically signed in with that Gmail account in your Gmail app. If you also set up this Gmail account in the Hub, you are likely to get notification from both the Hub and the Gmail app. If you want to use the Hub as your only email app and to avoid double notifications, you can switch off notification from the Gmail app or disable the app all together. If you have other Gmail accounts, all you have to do is to set up the accounts in the Hub. No need to sign in the same accounts using the Gmail app.

Basically, the Hub stores a copy of your emails on the phone but the Gmail app accesses your emails directly from the Google servers. So when you use the Hub to delete an email, it is deleted from the phone only. But you can also set up the Hub to delete it from the server as well either as a default or being prompted each time. So if you chose to delete from the phone only, it would still appear in the Gmail app as it reports your emails in the server.
    11-03-16 08:15 AM
    Thanks
    11-03-16 08:23 AM
    If the Google account you used to log in to Google is the same as your Gmail account, you are automatically signed in with that Gmail account in your Gmail app. If you also set up this Gmail account in the Hub, you are likely to get notification from both the Hub and the Gmail app. If you want to use the Hub as your only email app and to avoid double notifications, you can switch off notification from the Gmail app or disable the app all together. If you have other Gmail accounts, all you have to do is to set up the accounts in the Hub. No need to sign in the same accounts using the Gmail app.

Basically, the Hub stores a copy of your emails on the phone but the Gmail app accesses your emails directly from the Google servers. So when you use the Hub to delete an email, it is deleted from the phone only. But you can also set up the Hub to delete it from the server as well either as a default or being prompted each time. So if you chose to delete from the phone only, it would still appear in the Gmail app as it reports your emails in the server.
    Thanks, I was not sure if I had to leave Gmail on or not, I went over there and switched off the sink and notifications from all the email account in Gmail..
    11-03-16 08:27 AM