I have noticed that the HUB on my BlackBerry DTEK60 is slow. It can take up to 30 minutes for the HUB to update latest whatsapp message and reflect recent emails. Is this correct ? Is the HUB realtime update of the messages?
    12-19-16 11:50 PM
    I have noticed that the HUB on my BlackBerry DTEK60 is slow. It can take up to 30 minutes for the HUB to update latest whatsapp message and reflect recent emails. Is this correct ? Is the HUB realtime update of the messages?
    Works fine for me. Check sync timing, but for whatsapp, the hub is immediate/ same as the whatsapp program.
    12-20-16 05:24 AM
    I have noticed that the Hub sort of goes to sleep sometimes. I have the DTEK at home just on Wi-Fi to test it out and can compare the incoming messages versus my Passport. Usually they are neck and neck. However, if there is a lull such as overnight, nothing is showing in the Hub in the DTEK. Only when the phone is activated with the password, does the Hub start to fill up.

Posted via CB10
    baddad61 likes this.
    12-20-16 05:34 AM
    Hub could use performance enhancements for sure. It can be slow and it studders. Hope BlackBerry is working on it.
    12-20-16 06:37 AM
    Maybe something wrong in your setups. I don't have anything like you are describing.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-20-16 06:46 AM
    Have you guys updated to the latest HUB and HUB+Services?

HUB: 1.4.1.12043
    HUB+Services: 1.4.1.42919

I had experience significant lag with anything related to the HUB until I updated to these versions.
    12-20-16 06:49 AM
    At night, do you have 'Daydreams' set to on? Also, check your sync intervals, and push permission.
    12-20-16 10:58 AM
    At night, do you have 'Daydreams' set to on? Also, check your sync intervals, and push permission.
    Hi. Where do I check / change the sync interval?

I see whatsapp messages in the HUB that are six hours old...

I have updated to the latest HUB as per what is available in Google play store.
    12-20-16 01:09 PM
    I have noticed that the Hub sort of goes to sleep sometimes. I have the DTEK at home just on Wi-Fi to test it out and can compare the incoming messages versus my Passport. Usually they are neck and neck. However, if there is a lull such as overnight, nothing is showing in the Hub in the DTEK. Only when the phone is activated with the password, does the Hub start to fill up.

Posted via CB10
    I think this is the result of the "doze" feature of Android.
    12-20-16 07:46 PM
    I think this is the result of the "doze" feature of Android.
    What is the "doze" feature?
    12-20-16 08:40 PM
    What is the "doze" feature?
    Sorry I did not get back to this. The doze feature is new with Marshmallow. I don't understand it completely but essentially is maximizes battery life so if you are not using your phone it does not do various functions so regularly like checking mail etc. When you wake it up it gets back to normal business... in this manner if I leave my phone unplugged overnight it may drop battery use by only 2 % in 7 hours.
    12-29-16 06:21 PM
    Sorry I did not get back to this. The doze feature is new with Marshmallow. I don't understand it completely but essentially is maximizes battery life so if you are not using your phone it does not do various functions so regularly like checking mail etc. When you wake it up it gets back to normal business... in this manner if I leave my phone unplugged overnight it may drop battery use by only 2 % in 7 hours.
    I completely understand the concept, thanks for getting back to me!

If that's the case though, once the phone is 'woken up' I would expect it to fully sync the email folders which is not the case.

Like someone suggested, I changed the settings from Push to 15 Min Intervals which I think solved the problem since it never happened since.

Still, pretty odd behavior.
    12-29-16 06:43 PM
    The Hub is slowly becoming problematic for me. Worked fine the first few days... but now emails I delete are reappearing, and when I delete them again, if they don't reappear, they still seem to be present and unread when I log in to my emails using a browser. Not the case with all emails, just some of them, so I know it's not a setting.

WhatsApp is very slow to update in the Hub - while it will show the latest unread message instantly, once read, it stays unread for a while in the Hub.
    12-30-16 03:41 AM
    The Hub is slowly becoming problematic for me. Worked fine the first few days... but now emails I delete are reappearing, and when I delete them again, if they don't reappear, they still seem to be present and unread when I log in to my emails using a browser. Not the case with all emails, just some of them, so I know it's not a setting.

WhatsApp is very slow to update in the Hub - while it will show the latest unread message instantly, once read, it stays unread for a while in the Hub.
    Yup, same problem I had and most likely still have however not as frequently. It had gotten better as soon as I changed the sync settings from Push to Every 15 Minutes.

Somehow Android is preventing Hub from syncing actions to the server and therefore on the next sync it takes the data from the server and pushes it back into Hub.

The issue is difficult to isolate because it happens sporadically.

Hopefully BlackBerry will figure this out as otherwise its probably the best email client there is, by million miles better than that joke called Outlook by this small time tech company called Microsoft I think.....
    12-30-16 09:47 AM
    I just found the issue, hopefully someone at BlackBerry will pick up this post.

Sometimes, when an email message is deleted by the user in Hub Plus it is simply disapearing from the inbox and not actually getting moved over into the Deleted items folder. The message 'gets stuck' somewhere in between the Inbox to the Deleted items folder and thefore the sync don't work as there is basically nothing to sync.

I found this out by deleting an email on Hub Plus, noticing that once again it is NOT getting deleted on the server, went to my deleted items folder in Hub Plus and the message wasn't there! Well, it wasn't in the Inbox either which made me search for it in random folders. I couldn't find it in any folder but was able to finaly locate it's position when I hit the search function in Hub Plus.

I then re-deleted the email message while the search function was On and sync then appeared correctly on the server side!

Needless to say that Hub Plus settings is set to always delete on both server and Hub Plus.
    01-20-17 04:12 PM
    Wow!!!! Please don't scare me, we get that on BB10, messages don't drop till u open the app most times

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 04:26 PM
    I completely understand the concept, thanks for getting back to me!

If that's the case though, once the phone is 'woken up' I would expect it to fully sync the email folders which is not the case.

Like someone suggested, I changed the settings from Push to 15 Min Intervals which I think solved the problem since it never happened since.

Still, pretty odd behavior.
    Odd behaviour that it synchs at the time interval you've set it to...?
    01-21-17 02:20 AM
    Not sure about whatsapp as I don't use it. But emails should come in instantly if push is set to on for the email account. I use the hub on Android 7.1.1 on my nexus. Emails come in instantly no matter whether I am using it or it is sitting idle.

That's inbox by the way. Now your other folders sync according to the sync period settings for the account. Which is a minimum of something like 5 minutes I think. I set mine to 15 minutes.
    01-21-17 02:50 AM
    Wow!!!! Please don't scare me, we get that on BB10, messages don't drop till u open the app most times

Posted via CB10
    I am sure the answer lies in the "PUSH" settings. If people dedicated more time to exploring options in the settings and understanding them.
    Everyone is so quick to blame the phone or software but perhaps they should look within...... OOAMmm.......... OOAMmm..........

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 08:17 AM
    Please BlackBerry, do something asap. This is an outstanding feature on the phone and haters are gonna seize the opportunity to kill you with this..

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 10:46 AM